• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

hysteria

Reaction score
This particular Dugdale fabric drapes well and was well executed by Luxire. The other Dugdale fabrics I tried were all disappointing.

Which one is this? Would you be able to share a link?

If I recall correctly, you also recently bought a Dugdale Grey Flannel. How was that in comparison? I assume disappointing as it would fall in the "other" category.

ajay199127

Reaction score

Bersabee

Reaction score
Thank you!

How does this compare to the other Dugdale Grey flannel that you have? Does this fall in the "other disappointing" category?

I have both of these. Here are my high level thoughts.

Both are great for pants. The worsted one is great and holds a crease well and is a great workhorse fabric. It’s a good fabric to pair with a blazer, but I don’t know if I’d get a suit made out of it. This is just personal preference as the fabric is starchy and and kind of reminds me of a cheap polyester suit. That being said, I prefer more silky feeling suits.

The flannel is a great workhorse but does not hold the crease as well. Also I found it tends to smell very bad when wet but I think that’s typical. Would not recommend getting a suit made out of this. I don’t have any other flannels to compare it to, but for the price it’s decent.

New Fine worsted is definitely better by a good margin tho.

hysteria

Reaction score
I have both of these. Here are my high level thoughts.

Both are great for pants. The worsted one is great and holds a crease well and is a great workhorse fabric. It’s a good fabric to pair with a blazer, but I don’t know if I’d get a suit made out of it. This is just personal preference as the fabric is starchy and and kind of reminds me of a cheap polyester suit. That being said, I prefer more silky feeling suits.

The flannel is a great workhorse but does not hold the crease as well. Also I found it tends to smell very bad when wet but I think that’s typical. Would not recommend getting a suit made out of this. I don’t have any other flannels to compare it to, but for the price it’s decent.

New Fine worsted is definitely better by a good margin tho.
Thanks for sharing your feedback. That is very helpful.
Sounds like if you were to do it again, you'd get the worsted wool but not the flannel.

Would you happen to have the VBC one by any chance?
It costs twice as much as the dugdale flannel and it's a bit lighter, but I wonder if the fabric characteristics are more desirebale.

Bersabee

Reaction score
Sounds like if you were to do it again, you'd get the worsted wool but not the flannel.

It costs twice as much as the dugdale flannel and it's a bit lighter, but I wonder if the fabric characteristics are more desirebale.

That’s correct - but mostly because I’ve learned that I’m not a huge fan of flannel. And if I were to get get flannel plants for the winter I’d opt for something smoother you could say. It has a shaggy ish feeling.

I have not tried the one mentioned unfortunately.

Colin Robinson

Reaction score
@luxire

Since 2016 I have had 4 pairs of Luxire Selvedge - Custom Jeans 13Oz Japanese Raw Dark Indigo.

I notice they are no longer available on your website.

Are you likely to be getting this material back in or not?

If not - what is the closest denim (without elastic) to this ?

Thank you

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire

Since 2016 I have had 4 pairs of Luxire Selvedge - Custom Jeans 13Oz Japanese Raw Dark Indigo.

I notice they are no longer available on your website.

Are you likely to be getting this material back in or not?

If not - what is the closest denim (without elastic) to this ?

Thank you
Yes, we have depleted the stock of our denim faster that we anticipated to.

We have placed a new order with the Japanese mill but are a few months away from delivery.

We have had one new 13.25 Oz denim come in, will be listed shortly.

Colin Robinson

Reaction score
Yes, we have depleted the stock of our denim faster that we anticipated to.

We have placed a new order with the Japanese mill but are a few months away from delivery.

We have had one new 13.25 Oz denim come in, will be listed shortly.
Thank you -good news - I can wait.

weriker

Reaction score

I have the Dugdale Flannel and some of the 11 oz. VBC flannels (which I'd prefer over the 9 oz. ones), for example that one: https://luxire.com/products/vbc_mid_grey_plain_flannel-vbc_wr_504_801_3?_pos=18&_sid=9fc136739&_ss=r

I find the VBC one significantly nicer than the Dugdale, as the latter is a bit flatter yet scratchier.

Btw. I do have the New Fine Worsted as a suit as well as a pair of trousers (in a lighter shade) and find it very nice. It is a bit scratchy though, but drapes very well, holds a crease, doesn't wrinkle much and is relatively airy. Also the fabric has some visual interest/texture and isn't just flat.

ajay199127

Reaction score
Hi @Dan Dynamic and other members, what's your suggestion on the adjustments needed for the pleat to close in addition to having a cleaner crotch?

Fabric: 3 PLY Minnis Fresco 14oz

Self-evaluation: Increase thigh, hip, knee and hem by 0.25"

IMG_9474.JPG

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78