• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire What's the go-to recommendation for a pure white linen shirt? Crisp White Linen Shirt?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire What's the go-to recommendation for a pure white linen shirt? Crisp White Linen Shirt?

This is the best. Crisp White is also very good.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! I heard you pre-soak denim so it should be no problem translating a fit from previous trousers to jeans? I hope the denim won't shrink too much.
We perform a set of processes to reduce shrinkage and they seem to work well. But, we still ask customers to expect some shrinkage.

HelpMyStyle

Reaction score
I am new to Luxire and received my first pair of pants on Monday. I am a weird body shape and tend to wear my pants a little lower due to my belly. I also suffer for noassatol disease (no butt at all :))

Let me say I am not bashing the company, they are very willing to help me out, but despite my best efforts measuring the fit is way off. I am going to re-order, but would like some feedback here before doing so.

I know that the waist is about 3/4" too big, my fault 100% and will be addressed in the re-make. I feel like the hip measurement was decent, not sure i could do much tighter across the widest part of my hip (6th photo shows me bending slightly). I need to tighten up the lower butt, legs, knees, etc and I feel the pants are a touch too short. Below is what Luxire is proposing for the re-make, does it sound accurate?

*Decrease/lower inseam at crotch by 0.25".

*Increase front rise and back rise at crotch by 0.25".

*Decrease waist circumference by 1 inch and can be decreased as you desired.

*Decrease half hip by 1 inches(2 inches circumference) and decrease lower hip to avoid the looseness.

*Decrease half thigh by 1"inch(2 inch circumference) to avoid looseness and can be decreased as you desired.

*Decrease half knee by 0.5 inch(1"circumference) and can be decreased as you desired.

*Decrease half bottom by 0.25-3/8"(0.5"-0.75"inch circumference) and can be decreased as you desired.

*Increase outseam and inseam by 2 inches, but based on the above fit length look good so we can increase

by 1"inch and can be decreased as you desired.

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1933.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1934.jpeg
    IMG_1934.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1935.jpeg
    IMG_1935.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1936.jpeg
    IMG_1936.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1937.jpeg
    IMG_1937.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1938.jpeg
    IMG_1938.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1939.jpeg
    IMG_1939.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 97

teknique22

Reaction score
Need a recommendation for a work horse non-iron shirt from Luxire. They're the only custom outlet I found that doesn't clearly offer any fabric in that range. Anyone have a recommendation that you found to hold up wrinkles well? Thanks

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
I've just received my first suit from Luxire and thought I'd chime in with my experience for posterity and any lurker considering a purchase. Let me preface my "review" by saying that I am overall very pleased as my post may come across as negative and nitpicky - this is not at all the intention. This purchase has rekindled my adoration for Luxire's offering and I would very much like to buy more suits from them. However, I feel that the selection of suits offered at a, for me, attractive price point is rather small and I will in all likelihood await a sale before purchasing more. I'll put my post behind a spoiler because I don't know how long it will be.

Having been a customer for some five years - and a lurker of this thread even longer - I was initially a bit wary, as this thread did have a lot of negativity concerning Luxire's suits a few years back. On the other hand, for the past couple of years Luxire has made several improvements and I cannot recall reading anything negative in this thread as of late. I've always been pleased with the trousers and shirts I've received (initial orders notwithstanding) and figured it was worth a try. Furthermore, I was sending a jacket for copying, so how badly could it go?

I bought a Dugdale tropical wool suit, already owning a pair of trousers in the same fabric. The suit goes for some $450. At first I figured I'd just get the jacket, save Luxire some fabric and work and maybe get $75-100 off, so I sent an inquiry to Luxire. The reply: just getting the jacket would cost me $550. $100 more than the entire suit. This made no sense to me but I brushed it off as one of the usual quirks I've got used to over the years. I don't mind getting the extra trousers and will likely be glad for it down the road, but I am a cheapskate and would have preferred not to order the trousers.

For the trousers, I figured I'd use my trouser pattern which has been dialed in to my liking over the years. For the jacket I would have a them copy a one; a Canali Kei, which is rather soft. The jacket I sent fits me reasonably well, but not perfectly. Therefore, I would ask Luxire for any alterations they deemed necessary.

Right from the start I did an oopsie and took some - in hindsight - less than optimal photos, sent the jacket to Luxire and then asked for their suggestions for any alterations to the measurements. This meant that if Luxire needed more angles or whatever, that would be impossible. Oops. No worries, Luxire support told me, they'd do what they could with my shoddy photos. Some patience on my end at this stage of the process would likely have benefitted the end result greatly. This also got me worrying if I had made a rash decision sending my Canali Kei and how its softness would translate to a more formal suit.

As for styling, I asked for the "in house" style as it seemed "neutral" and well in line with how I think a suit should look; in essence I would be quite pleased with getting something like in the example photo Luxire has of the suit. I really don't have a decided preference in suit styling other than being a fan of 3-roll-2 buttoning and eschewing padding - consequently I asked Luxire remove the padding and make the jacket with a 3-roll-2 buttoning. As it is a rather light fabric intended for spring/summer wear, I asked for half lining also. Just in case I would need alterations, I asked for non-functioning sleeve buttons as well. I do not remember if functioning buttons come as standard, though. None of these details came with any extra cost.

The in house style apparently included certain hand made details, for which there was an upcharge. Not having done my due diligence, I was unaware of this. Graciously, Luxire asked me if I'd like to pay an additional sum for the hand made details but I declined. As I declined, there details were instead machine made. It was $100 for hand made structured interlining (I do not know what this means nor do I know if I would notice it) and $30 for Milanese button holes. The suit went for $450 and I could not justify a 25 % upcharge (again, cheapskate).

I do not regret my decision, but disregarding those particular details the finishing is a bit lacking overall with loose threads here and there and one thread inexplicably standing out from the interlining. The button holes are noticeably machine made (at least if you frequent a forum dedicated to classic menswear). But for $450, I was certainly not expecting the jacket to be the hand made labor of love of some Neapolitan artisan nonna. Next time I might spring for the Milanese button holes, though. The buttons themselves are a little dull, but I would not have paid extra for nicer buttons.

Anyway, the jacket arrives (well within the time frame Luxire had promised) and I put it on. To my surprise, in some regards it actually fits me better than the jacket I had sent them. It turns out they could do quite a lot with my shoddy images. I am rather impressed, as my expectations were not very high in part due to me bungling the photos, in part due to having been accustomed to needing to go through a few iterations before dialing the pattern in. The fit is by no means perfect, but for a first iteration it is quite good and I would say it stands as my best fitting jacket right now. I am sure the particulars I am displeased with can be remedied for the next iteration.

The one thing I am displeased with regarding the fit is that the lapels bulge when I stand up straight with my shoulders back, as I am wont to do. I am barrel chested and this usually causes a jacket's lapels to bulge. The issue disappears if I slump a little with my posture. The difference is clearly highlighted by the images I will attach. This is not an issue with the jacket I sent to be copied. However, I would believe this is due to the difference in structure between the two jackets and that I have myself to blame for electing to copy a soft jacket and not informing Luxire about my large ribcage. My only instruction to Luxire pertaining to the measurements was essentially "clean up the fit please". Next time I will also ask for softer canvassing, if that is a thing.

An enormous bonus with buying a suit from Luxire is that I can use the trouser pattern we've dialed in over the years. Buying RTW suits I've always found the trousers to be nigh unwearable despite the jackets fitting me rather well; low rise, flat fronts with no room in the legs or rear. The trousers are the primary selling point for going MTM for me, as I've never really had any issue with RTW jackets whereas I need rather a particular fit to be pleased with trousers.

Overall, if you have a jacket that fits you reasonably well I cannot recommend this service enough.

A summary:

POSITIVES
- Copying and altering the pattern of an existing jacket worked much better than expected
- Support was excellent throughout; relatively smooth process overall
- Delivery was timely
- Price

NEGATIVES
- Finishing is a bit lackluster (again, for $450 I'm not displeased but would be at a higher price point)
- The hanger that comes with the suit would fit a jacket two or four sizes smaller and is unsuitable for hanging trousers due to little protruding plastic bits on which the trousers may snag

Some images:

IMG_0821.JPEG
IMG_0824.JPG

IMG_0825.JPEG
IMG_0826.JPEG
IMG_0827.JPEG

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
I am new to Luxire and received my first pair of pants on Monday. I am a weird body shape and tend to wear my pants a little lower due to my belly. I also suffer for noassatol disease (no butt at all :))

Let me say I am not bashing the company, they are very willing to help me out, but despite my best efforts measuring the fit is way off. I am going to re-order, but would like some feedback here before doing so.

I know that the waist is about 3/4" too big, my fault 100% and will be addressed in the re-make. I feel like the hip measurement was decent, not sure i could do much tighter across the widest part of my hip (6th photo shows me bending slightly). I need to tighten up the lower butt, legs, knees, etc and I feel the pants are a touch too short. Below is what Luxire is proposing for the re-make, does it sound accurate?

*Decrease half hip by 1 inches(2 inches circumference) and decrease lower hip to avoid the looseness.

*Decrease half thigh by 1"inch(2 inch circumference) to avoid looseness and can be decreased as you desired.

*Decrease half knee by 0.5 inch(1"circumference) and can be decreased as you desired.

*Decrease half bottom by 0.25-3/8"(0.5"-0.75"inch circumference) and can be decreased as you desired.

*Increase outseam and inseam by 2 inches, but based on the above fit length look good so we can increase

I would not agree that those trousers need to be any tighter at all. To my eyes that actually looks like a decent first iteration. I do not see how tighter trousers would do you any favors. In fact, I believe you would be well served by a much higher waist. As it stands, it looks like your trousers barely cover your ass crack. Furthermore, a higher waist generally creates a more flattering silhouette for the more corpulent. I wear my trousers at my navel to disguise my child bearing hips which unfortunately also accumulate a lot of fat. If I wore trousers with a lower rise, it would just squeeze my fat up and create a muffin top and highlight my hips, generally something men want to avoid.
1653561950528.png

Of course, this is just my opinion and you may already have given this a lot of thought, in which case you can disregard this post and go with the suggestions given to you by Luxire. I find that their suggestions rarely miss the mark.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
I've just received my first suit from Luxire and thought I'd chime in with my experience for posterity and any lurker considering a purchase.

Thank you for sharing this, it's very helpful. The pictures on the website dont' do the fabric justice, it's much nicer in your shots.

I ordered my first suit a week ago, so we'll see how it goes. I sent in a MTM suit that fits quite well, and as I'm a terrible photographer, I just shot a short video of myself wearing the suit and talking about the small niggles I had with the fit.

They got back to me with some suggestions which I thought were astute and, as they are the experts, assented to each.

I'll share a similar report when it arrives as I believe those like myself would benefit in the future.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just received my first suit from Luxire and thought I'd chime in with my experience for posterity and any lurker considering a purchase. Let me preface my "review" by saying that I am overall very pleased as my post may come across as negative and nitpicky - this is not at all the intention. This purchase has rekindled my adoration for Luxire's offering and I would very much like to buy more suits from them. However, I feel that the selection of suits offered at a, for me, attractive price point is rather small and I will in all likelihood await a sale before purchasing more. I'll put my post behind a spoiler because I don't know how long it will be.

Thanks for the very detailed post. I think the fit is decent for a first suit, all things considered.

An issue that I see with the jacket (that you allude to with the lapels not sitting flat) is that the front balance of the jacket is short. It's harder to see with a solid fabric, but you can make out from the fabric grain that the fronts of the jacket below the buttoning point do not hang straight down. Instead they converge down the jacket. You need more length in the upper part of the coat to get over your larger chest, if that makes any sense.

There are other things that a tailor can do to correct for a barrel chest, such as adding or enlarging darts in the chest to give more curvature over the chest.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It’s not easy starting from scratch, I’m sure you’ll get there :) I’d personally recommend a whole other fit, wearing the trousers higher and with a slightly wider leg than now for a cleaner fall. It’s feels very weird initially but will become second nature soon enough.

KWang94

Reaction score

Having been a customer for some five years - and a lurker of this thread even longer - I was initially a bit wary, as this thread did have a lot of negativity concerning Luxire's suits a few years back. On the other hand, for the past couple of years Luxire has made several improvements and I cannot recall reading anything negative in this thread as of late. I've always been pleased with the trousers and shirts I've received (initial orders notwithstanding) and figured it was worth a try. Furthermore, I was sending a jacket for copying, so how badly could it go?

I bought a Dugdale tropical wool suit, already owning a pair of trousers in the same fabric. The suit goes for some $450. At first I figured I'd just get the jacket, save Luxire some fabric and work and maybe get $75-100 off, so I sent an inquiry to Luxire. The reply: just getting the jacket would cost me $550. $100 more than the entire suit. This made no sense to me but I brushed it off as one of the usual quirks I've got used to over the years. I don't mind getting the extra trousers and will likely be glad for it down the road, but I am a cheapskate and would have preferred not to order the trousers.

For the trousers, I figured I'd use my trouser pattern which has been dialed in to my liking over the years. For the jacket I would have a them copy a one; a Canali Kei, which is rather soft. The jacket I sent fits me reasonably well, but not perfectly. Therefore, I would ask Luxire for any alterations they deemed necessary.

Right from the start I did an oopsie and took some - in hindsight - less than optimal photos, sent the jacket to Luxire and then asked for their suggestions for any alterations to the measurements. This meant that if Luxire needed more angles or whatever, that would be impossible. Oops. No worries, Luxire support told me, they'd do what they could with my shoddy photos. Some patience on my end at this stage of the process would likely have benefitted the end result greatly. This also got me worrying if I had made a rash decision sending my Canali Kei and how its softness would translate to a more formal suit.

As for styling, I asked for the "in house" style as it seemed "neutral" and well in line with how I think a suit should look; in essence I would be quite pleased with getting something like in the example photo Luxire has of the suit. I really don't have a decided preference in suit styling other than being a fan of 3-roll-2 buttoning and eschewing padding - consequently I asked Luxire remove the padding and make the jacket with a 3-roll-2 buttoning. As it is a rather light fabric intended for spring/summer wear, I asked for half lining also. Just in case I would need alterations, I asked for non-functioning sleeve buttons as well. I do not remember if functioning buttons come as standard, though. None of these details came with any extra cost.

The in house style apparently included certain hand made details, for which there was an upcharge. Not having done my due diligence, I was unaware of this. Graciously, Luxire asked me if I'd like to pay an additional sum for the hand made details but I declined. As I declined, there details were instead machine made. It was $100 for hand made structured interlining (I do not know what this means nor do I know if I would notice it) and $30 for Milanese button holes. The suit went for $450 and I could not justify a 25 % upcharge (again, cheapskate).

I do not regret my decision, but disregarding those particular details the finishing is a bit lacking overall with loose threads here and there and one thread inexplicably standing out from the interlining. The button holes are noticeably machine made (at least if you frequent a forum dedicated to classic menswear). But for $450, I was certainly not expecting the jacket to be the hand made labor of love of some Neapolitan artisan nonna. Next time I might spring for the Milanese button holes, though. The buttons themselves are a little dull, but I would not have paid extra for nicer buttons.

Anyway, the jacket arrives (well within the time frame Luxire had promised) and I put it on. To my surprise, in some regards it actually fits me better than the jacket I had sent them. It turns out they could do quite a lot with my shoddy images. I am rather impressed, as my expectations were not very high in part due to me bungling the photos, in part due to having been accustomed to needing to go through a few iterations before dialing the pattern in. The fit is by no means perfect, but for a first iteration it is quite good and I would say it stands as my best fitting jacket right now. I am sure the particulars I am displeased with can be remedied for the next iteration.

The one thing I am displeased with regarding the fit is that the lapels bulge when I stand up straight with my shoulders back, as I am wont to do. I am barrel chested and this usually causes a jacket's lapels to bulge. The issue disappears if I slump a little with my posture. The difference is clearly highlighted by the images I will attach. This is not an issue with the jacket I sent to be copied. However, I would believe this is due to the difference in structure between the two jackets and that I have myself to blame for electing to copy a soft jacket and not informing Luxire about my large ribcage. My only instruction to Luxire pertaining to the measurements was essentially "clean up the fit please". Next time I will also ask for softer canvassing, if that is a thing.

An enormous bonus with buying a suit from Luxire is that I can use the trouser pattern we've dialed in over the years. Buying RTW suits I've always found the trousers to be nigh unwearable despite the jackets fitting me rather well; low rise, flat fronts with no room in the legs or rear. The trousers are the primary selling point for going MTM for me, as I've never really had any issue with RTW jackets whereas I need rather a particular fit to be pleased with trousers.

Overall, if you have a jacket that fits you reasonably well I cannot recommend this service enough.

A summary:

POSITIVES
- Copying and altering the pattern of an existing jacket worked much better than expected
- Support was excellent throughout; relatively smooth process overall
- Delivery was timely
- Price

NEGATIVES
- Finishing is a bit lackluster (again, for $450 I'm not displeased but would be at a higher price point)
- The hanger that comes with the suit would fit a jacket two or four sizes smaller and is unsuitable for hanging trousers due to little protruding plastic bits on which the trousers may snag

Some images:

View attachment 1796297 View attachment 1796298
View attachment 1796299 View attachment 1796300 View attachment 1796302
Looks pretty good for a first attempt. Was there an option for a basted fitting?

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this, it's very helpful. The pictures on the website dont' do the fabric justice, it's much nicer in your shots.
Glad to be of service. Let me know if there are any blanks I could fill in.
Thanks for the very detailed post. I think the fit is decent for a first suit, all things considered.

An issue that I see with the jacket (that you allude to with the lapels not sitting flat) is that the front balance of the jacket is short. It's harder to see with a solid fabric, but you can make out from the fabric grain that the fronts of the jacket below the buttoning point do not hang straight down. Instead they converge down the jacket. You need more length in the upper part of the coat to get over your larger chest, if that makes any sense.

There are other things that a tailor can do to correct for a barrel chest, such as adding or enlarging darts in the chest to give more curvature over the chest.
Thank you for the information. I would not have been able to point this out myself and this will be of use in my future correspondence with Luxire.
Looks pretty good for a first attempt. Was there an option for a basted fitting?
Thanks. Yes, there is such an option but it naturally comes with a cost. I did not deem it necessary as I was copying a jacket and wanted to save as much as possible. You may read more about the procedure with a basted fitting in this article, which was of good help to me before I decided to order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads