• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

boot_owl

Reaction score
Just got my CMT suit in DWW's Summer Tweed. 4th jacket... very pleased. Only issue was some slightly uneven stitching tension of the right vent, causing it to flare out - doesn't lay flat even after pressing.

IMG_E5934.JPG
IMG_E5935.JPG
IMG_E5936.JPG
IMG_E5937.JPG
IMG_E5930.JPG
IMG_E5929.JPG
IMG_E5932.JPG
IMG_E5931.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rafael Loh

Reaction score
This is remarkable. Outstanding fit, cut and drape.
Just got my CMT suit in DWW's Summer Tweed. 4th jacket... very pleased. Only issue was some slightly uneven stitching tension of the right vent, causing it to flare out - doesn't lay flat even after pressing.

View attachment 1644782 View attachment 1644783 View attachment 1644784 View attachment 1644785 View attachment 1644787 View attachment 1644788 View attachment 1644789 View attachment 1644790
What's CMT?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1644782 View attachment 1644783 View attachment 1644784 View attachment 1644785 View attachment 1644787 View attachment 1644788 View attachment 1644789 View attachment 1644790
Can you speak on the process? Did you do in person fittings? All done over email? Did you send them a well fitting garment to copy measurements and style? Thanks.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Can you speak on the process? Did you do in person fittings? All done over email? Did you send them a well fitting garment to copy measurements and style? Thanks.

for the first garment, sent in a bespoke suit to copy and make adjustments. Pretty significant alterations were needed after receiving the first garment - my original piece was cut quite generously but also skillfully made to not appear so, which translated to a copy that needed to be taken in.

from there it was iterative. There are a few amazing value options in the jacket section (https://luxire.com/products/ethomas-khaki-olive-tattersal-plaid-jacket#/ this is my personal favourite) which I took advantage of to have a few jackets made with progressively better fits

Elessar

Reaction score
Hello! I am looking at these beautiful heavy linen pants:

I don't have any pants in a heavier fabric, except for several raw denim jeans. Actually, I simply don't have good pants at all, and this will be my first pair. :)

Few questions:
  1. When measuring and comparing the waist size on pants, would heavier fabric pants in a particular size measure larger on the waist than lighter pants in that size? This is usually the case with raw denim--my 28oz pair for instance fits smaller than what it measures, so if I were to have a 28oz denim jeans MTM I'd ask for a higher value on the waist measurement than my standard 14oz jeans would indicate.
  2. For the ideal fit, what (if any) should differences in measurement be between flat front and pleated pants? Should pleated pants be cut wider through the leg? If I have flat front pants that I like the fit of, should I simply copy the measurements? These are casual chinos on the slim side, which is my preferred fit for this style of pant being very skinny myself. But I don't want to assume that pleated creased pants should have the same measurements for a similar looking fit.
  3. How much can the button adjusters adjust the waist? I realize these are not side adjusters, but from my understanding the D-ring loop can button to two separate buttons, yes?
  4. Would this linen pair shrink and/or loosen over time at all?
  5. When ordering with Luxire, is it possible to change details like using a button fly instead of zip fly? This pair doesn't mention what kind of fly it uses.
I'm really excited about this find, but sending in a pair to copy measurements from isn't an option for me, unfortunately. Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
@luxire I've been rowing and I want to adjust my shirt pattern for slightly larger chest and wider shoulders before placing a new order. I can judge the size increases - they are fairly small - but please tell me what adjustments I should specify in my notes? shoulder? chest? anything else in particular?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire I've been rowing and I want to adjust my shirt pattern for slightly larger chest and wider shoulders before placing a new order. I can judge the size increases - they are fairly small - but please tell me what adjustments I should specify in my notes? shoulder? chest? anything else in particular?

I would suggest that you send us an email or send me a PM. We can discuss beyond the 8 measurements and understand the exact changes you would need.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello! I am looking at these beautiful heavy linen pants:

I don't have any pants in a heavier fabric, except for several raw denim jeans. Actually, I simply don't have good pants at all, and this will be my first pair. :)

Few questions:
  1. When measuring and comparing the waist size on pants, would heavier fabric pants in a particular size measure larger on the waist than lighter pants in that size? This is usually the case with raw denim--my 28oz pair for instance fits smaller than what it measures, so if I were to have a 28oz denim jeans MTM I'd ask for a higher value on the waist measurement than my standard 14oz jeans would indicate.
  2. For the ideal fit, what (if any) should differences in measurement be between flat front and pleated pants? Should pleated pants be cut wider through the leg? If I have flat front pants that I like the fit of, should I simply copy the measurements? These are casual chinos on the slim side, which is my preferred fit for this style of pant being very skinny myself. But I don't want to assume that pleated creased pants should have the same measurements for a similar looking fit.
  3. How much can the button adjusters adjust the waist? I realize these are not side adjusters, but from my understanding the D-ring loop can button to two separate buttons, yes?
  4. Would this linen pair shrink and/or loosen over time at all?
  5. When ordering with Luxire, is it possible to change details like using a button fly instead of zip fly? This pair doesn't mention what kind of fly it uses.
I'm really excited about this find, but sending in a pair to copy measurements from isn't an option for me, unfortunately. Any help much appreciated. Thanks!
1. For thick fabrics, a small increase in waist measurement is done.

2. We would suggest copying the measurements from your well fitting pair of flat front pants. Once we are comfortable wih the fit, adding pleats(to the pattern) is not an issue.

3. If going for D ring waistband, the adjustment allowance is about an inch.

4. We prewash all fabrics, which reduces shrinkage. SOme fabrics do still shrink marginally over time. We can also wash the pants before hemming to stem the chances of shrinkage further.

5. Almost anything can be changed. There are no known limitations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads