• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

MacGuffen

Reaction score
@luxire Would you consider doing a RTW drawstring cord trouser? Guessing it would sell well in these times when everyone's lounging at home.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
We have this one in blue.

We worked with Ethomas over iterations to make a fabric that is light, soft, comfortable and drapes well.

Interested. Looks like it has some silk content. Is it machine washable?

To me the appeal of a wool shirt is how wrinkle resistant they are and that they need to be washed infrequently. Still, when it does need a wash, I'd rather be able to do it at home than have to send it out.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Interested. Looks like it has some silk content. Is it machine washable?

To me the appeal of a wool shirt is how wrinkle resistant they are and that they need to be washed infrequently. Still, when it does need a wash, I'd rather be able to do it at home than have to send it out.

Yes, machine washable.
Very resistant to wrinkles, natural anti-bacterial properties of wool.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Would you consider doing a RTW drawstring cord trouser? Guessing it would sell well in these times when everyone's lounging at home.
Yes! We do have them ready in one option, awaiting images. Should be listed tomorrow.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

zhenjie

Reaction score

Can you do a cleaner drawstring waistband also?

collaro_co_121740546_350438646036987_4540765618260766102_n.jpg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was admiring this piece on the site: https://luxire.com/products/olive-wool-flannel-work-shirt?_pos=15&_sid=1e529ce41&_ss=r#/

Do you have other similar wool flannel shirt fabrics or perhaps some chamois or moleskin you particularly recommend?

Lot of wool flannel options available for pants. Can be made as shirt as well.
Wool flannels, in plain & tartan, tweed, moleskin, corduroy are all possible.

The new moleskins from Zegna, with Cashmere are particularly good. Apart from that, the lighter flannels from VBC will make good shirts. There are many good options.

the arbitrary

Reaction score
RTW pea coat size question
This image explains

peacoatsize1.PNG peacoatsize2.jpg
The above is from the recent RTW pea coat size chart, and the below is from the old pea coat size chart here
I guess that the above's chest size is half chest and the below is 2*half chest.
But I think something is weird. In the below, XXL has chest 46.00, half of which is 23.00, and it corresponds to 38 size in the above chart.
And your explaining image has existed in the past, so it is reasonable to guess that that image is applied to the bottom chart.
But M, chest 40, in the below, seems just based on body measurement, not pea coat itself measurement.

So, it is hard to wrap my head around, but I concluded that
The above is pea coat itself based measurement, and the below is based on body measurement.
Is this understanding right?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
RTW pea coat size question

View attachment 1519838 View attachment 1519839
The above is from the recent RTW pea coat size chart, and the below is from the old pea coat size chart here
I guess that the above's chest size is half chest and the below is 2*half chest.
But I think something is weird. In the below, XXL has chest 46.00, half of which is 23.00, and it corresponds to 38 size in the above chart.
And your explaining image has existed in the past, so it is reasonable to guess that that image is applied to the bottom chart.
But M, chest 40, in the below, seems just based on body measurement, not pea coat itself measurement.

So, it is hard to wrap my head around, but I concluded that
The above is pea coat itself based measurement, and the below is based on body measurement.
Is this understanding right?
These are peacoat measurements, not body measurements.

If you would compare many charts, you will confuse yourself, even if they are all from Luxire. Do not assume anything.
The charts evolve in many ways: prevalent standards, market we target, purpose we try to meet etc.

Just look at the present RTW chart and see what size, if any, works for you.

the arbitrary

Reaction score
These are peacoat measurements, not body measurements.

If you would compare many charts, you will confuse yourself, even if they are all from Luxire. Do not assume anything.
The charts evolve in many ways: prevalent standards, market we target, purpose we try to meet etc.

Just look at the present RTW chart and see what size, if any, works for you.
Okay, thanks for your reply, even though I still can't understand how once XXL size chest is now just the second smallest size (38)...

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for your reply, even though I still can't understand how once XXL size chest is now just the second smallest size (38)...
Most of the EU fast fashion brands mark the chest size for XS peacoats as 19.50 to 20.00. Thin, slim fashion coats.

Most classic brands have them at 21.50 to 22.50. One factor that is important is thickness of wool. Our wool is thick, hence the inner room is same as about size 21" coat chest. We have made them with the idea of wearing them over a jacket or a cardigan. Also, our coats are true-to-size.

These are good measurements. They will work well for most people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads