• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

konda

Reaction score
^ because despite its flaws Luxire is still the best bang for the buck.

V just get a virtual Visa and some clown Hotmail email address and order all your **** to a Poste Restante. Problem solved.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To disclose, i have been happy with all my Luxire experiences. Ashish has been extremely generous with his time and his services.

In this interaction, from the outside looking in, it just looked like a quick turn of events is all. Luxire has the right to handle individual customers as they chose to of course...

Tommi

Reaction score
Luxire, I'm still hoping for you to get some 'Miles Davis green' oxford. Your current green oxford fabrics are quite light or of wrong color. :)

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, I think there should be some timetable for complaining about a shirt, just like for store refunds.

I wouldn't walk into a mall store 6 months later with a shirt and tell them to accept a return. they'd tell me 30 days, or no return etc. If you didn't return it for 6 months, it obviously wasn't a big enough problem to be bothered with, I would have returned that the next day if it wasn't up to scratch.

Restaurants also have signs that say 'we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone". They don't have customers coming up and questioning their moral authority because of it. Also not sure what your 25 transactions has to do with anything. Do customers who purchase more deserve better service? I don't think so.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I ordered brown cavalry twill trousers...and received taupe ones.

An indigo canvas shirt was eight (8) centimetres larger than I wanted around the chest. Luxire claims that they cut all shirts with the customer's own template, but I'm not too convinced about this anymore.

A marcella shirt was made from a basketweave fabric instead, and the sleeves were more than 5 cm shorter than I wanted.

I bought a blue pique shirt that got several holes in the first wash, and this happened using a regular 40C wash.

Several measurements on several orders have been centimetres off, but these I've shrugged off by using an alterations seamstress.

I want to be clear: if a custom order service is offered, the end results should match the order. No more, no less. [COLOR=FF00AA]This has happened for around 50% of my orders from Luxire,[/COLOR] and this is also the main reason I'm using my time to write up these long posts, when I could be fishing or drinking instead. If only they'd done well some nine times out of ten I would have likely kept silent for longer. When an order has arrived just like I wanted, I've been very happy with Luxire. Sadly this has been a hit-and-miss-kind-of-a bumpy road.

Many would say to take your biz elsewhere. :teach:

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I ordered my first pair of luxire trousers a few days ago. I was pretty confident when I placed the order but then as I read this thread I saw the fit issues and started comparing the measurements I took with the ones posted by other users and I started worrying.

Does anything strike as odd in these measurements?

Waist Size: 17.50 -
Half Hip Measurement: 20.50 -
Hip Measurement Front: 18.00 -
Pant Length: 40.00 -
Inseam Measurement: 31.00 -
Front Rise: 10.50 -
Back Rise: 14.50 -
Thigh Measurement (2 inch Below Crotch): 11.50 -
Knee Measurement: 8.00 -
Bottom / Ankle Opening: 6.75

Particularly worried about back rise to front rise ratio. Too small? I don't have a particularly protruding butt.

I also have no idea how the half hip to hip front measurement ratio affects the fit.

I'm looking for a 'slim fit chino' fit rather than a dressier trousers fit, with a pretty big taper (my calves suck compared to my thighs).

I'm 5'11', 160 pounds.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Last edited:

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
I can appreciate Luxire's side of things in refusing certain customers.

You want to build your client base of "A" clients, and if those "D" clients are taking up your precious time and resources from serving your "A" clients, then you may as well let them go and hope to fill your clientele with other "A" clients.

Landscape

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of jeans and as they're my first order I'm slightly anxious about how they will fit (not due to the responses in this thread, but just because I kept getting different measurements when I measured), but my measurements are actually very similar to yours - slightly shorter inseam as I'm 2 inches shorter and the same weight, but the taper is almost the same as well as the other measurements.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of jeans and as they're my first order I'm slightly anxious about how they will fit (not due to the responses in this thread, but just because I kept getting different measurements when I measured), but my measurements are actually very similar to yours - slightly shorter inseam as I'm 2 inches shorter and the same weight, but the taper is almost the same as well as the other measurements.

Thanks. :)

qlutch

Reaction score

tumblr_ng5th10TbO1spx5p5o1_1280.png
Hey that's my order :)
edit: oops, only the noragi was mine #9236 for those curious

Last edited:

HughJ

Reaction score

The ankle seems small for men's jeans, but I think your rise ratio is essentially similar to that of New Standards, so you're good there.

Based on my experience, I would recommend checking the measurements straight out of the package. I made the mistake of hot soaking mine before I realized that the half hip was too big, and it made it harder to adjust when I reordered.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire, I'm still hoping for you to get some 'Miles Davis green' oxford. Your current green oxford fabrics are quite light or of wrong color.
smile.gif

Every time I come across some good green oxford, I think of you and google Miles Davis Green to compare the color, has been elusive so far.

We could get it overdyed, but, that would sadly end the search.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52