• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

BrandonJG

Reaction score
@luxire I'm wondering whether you have experience thus far in doing shawl collars on shirting, and if not, is it something you're confident in doing. Thanks!

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spandexter

Reaction score
I just ordered my first pair of trousers (flannel) and I requested lining (silk) to the knee. I'm quite interested to see how these turn out.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's funny - I actually complained to Luxire about them using Brick Red Piqué, not Crimson Red Piqué, when making my Polo. Now I see it's just an inaccurate picture. I was expecting a burgundy as well...

interesting

KYHillbilly

Reaction score
"Do you guys order lining in your trousers? I'm about to order my first pair of trousers (in the cheapest mid grey woolflannel available, http://luxire.com/collections/home/products/mid-grey-wool-flannel-100-wool) but I can't decide on the lining. I spend most of my days in the office so it's not like I need to keep warm."

Personally, my goal is to stay cool. For that purpose I go with the Bemburg lining. The best option IMHO.

xizenta

Reaction score
So I decided to order through this website for the first time.
I requested the collar and placket to be done exactly like order 7563 (turner 1pc collar).
Is this specific enough to cover all the details? Will they remember to add hidden buttons on the collar, line the placket without fusing, etc?

I'm wondering how comprehensive they get about replicating a previous order when you just give a general instruction.

PS, I asked early yesterday afternoon whether they scale things like collar point length with the size of your collar. Seems like no one here knows the answer, since no one chimed in. But I'm guessing they don't.

Thanks

Ironballs

Reaction score
Well, they certainly scale the width, as in the size, of the collar if your order has that.. But they won't touch the proportions if they are specified, and won't deviate from the standard collars they have. The "English Spread" will have 3" collar points regardless of the size of the collar, be it 15" or 18". Not sure about neck or collar band heights.

When referencing past orders, it is usually a good idea to re-specify the interfacing details. I think some people here have received collars that were supposed to be had unfused, NOBD II comes to mind, and they received a fused collar for forgetting to specify so. Luxire might have changed their process since.

I would always err on the size of caution and be explicit. Luxire's pattern makers and tailors are very skilled, but what happens when they interpret your implicit details is anyone's guess. Usually they will try to capture the general mood of the order, if such exists.

I always specify something like this "Collar from order #XYZ, in size 16". Soft fusing, soft interlining, fused neckband*."

If I refer to no orders, I will also specify the dimensions: collar point length, neckband height at the middle, collar height at the middle and neckband height at the buttons. Sometimes spread as well.

Spurious

Reaction score
They dont scale the collars for measurements, I replicated collars and they sometimes look off because I am bigger than the person who ordered them originally.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

lbrig

Reaction score
What's the word on the Grand & Rubinelli oxfords (regular, not the pinpoint or royal)? Are they too dressy for a casual shirt?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, I'm finally going to get off the fence and place my first order for a shirt - a casual, light and airy thing that even if it doesn't come out perfect, will still be useable.

I've got my measurements down and know the details that I want but I'm stuck between some fabrics because of terminology. - the first 3 are comparable all using gms/oz but how does the 2/160s in the fourth compare and the last one @ 87gms/3oz is comparable to the first 3, but what does the 170*2 mean?

1. Cream Linen Cotton 50/50 cotton/linen 134gms/4-5oz
  2. Soft Cream Cool Linen Cotton 60/40 linen/cotton 129gms/4-5oz
  3. Pale Blue Linen Cotton 60/40 linen/cotton 129 gms/4-5 Oz
  4. Grey Chambray Summer 2/160s
  5. this is just for comparison's sake: Grandi & Rubinelli Blue Chambray 170/2*170*2, 78*40,87 gms/3 Oz

Also, if anyone has any input on those fabrics, I'd be interested! Pics too :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads