• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

svinsvin

Reaction score
I'm looking for shirt in white twill, so found the 2/100 Alumo twill:
http://luxire.com/products/alumo-white-twill-2-100

It just doesn't look like twill on the web, more like a panama weave or something. Can anyone confirm whether or not it is twill? And if twill, maybe compare it to the other twills (swatches)?

Also, have anyone ordered a collar similar to this:

Thanks in advance.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

cappedncollared

Reaction score
For anyone interested in longevity - I have just hit 18 months with a batch of 5 shirts that get worn once a week - each shirt has had about 70 wears.

Collars and elbows are still in good condition on all shirts. Only one button came off in total which is negligible and better than my general expectations.

Overall, really happy.

Last edited:

henn

Reaction score
I got a shirt in the mentioned alumo fabric and it is in fact a twill fabric, which i really like, especially for the price.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking for shirt in white twill, so found the 2/100 Alumo twill: http://luxire.com/products/alumo-white-twill-2-100 It just doesn't look like twill on the web, more like a panama weave or something. Can anyone confirm whether or not it is twill? And if twill, maybe compare it to the other twills (swatches)? Also, have anyone ordered a collar similar to this: Thanks in advance.
Propercloth has a similar one, just ape their measurements and pictures. It looks like a soft interlining, and you can take your pick of fused or unfused depending on preference.
I got a shirt in the mentioned alumo fabric and it is in fact a twill fabric, which i really like, especially for the price.
Is it transparent, at all? That would be my only concern, otherwise I intend to add it to my list. Thanks

svinsvin

Reaction score
Great, thanks!
Propercloth has a similar one, just ape their measurements and pictures. It looks like a soft interlining, and you can take your pick of fused or unfused depending on preference.
A soft version of Milano II, I guess?

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For anyone interested in longevity - I have just hit 18 months with a batch of 5 shirts that get worn once a week - each shirt has had about 70 wears.

Collars and elbows are still in good condition on all shirts. Only one button came off in total which is negligible and better than my general expectations.

Overall, really happy.
Do you use fused or unfused collars? If they are fused, how does the fusing hold up?

vogs

Reaction score
I got my new Luxire order a few days ago. The pants and the blue linen shirt are new. The green striped shirt I've already ordered some months ago.
The pants fit very well in my opinion. I'll let the blue pants make a bit wider at the hips and waist by my local tailor.

I'm not so satisfied with the fit of the shirt. One issue is, that I've chosen the waist width too narrow. The other issue, which is a bigger problem from my point of view, are the strange crinkles under the armpits. Where can they come from? Shoulder shape? The somehow also exist at the green shirt, where the waist width is ok.

What else would you change?

Thanks!

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my new Luxire order a few days ago. The pants and the blue linen shirt are new. The green striped shirt I've already ordered some months ago.
The pants fit very well in my opinion. I'll let the blue pants make a bit wider at the hips and waist by my local tailor.

I'm not so satisfied with the fit of the shirt. One issue is, that I've chosen the waist width too narrow. The other issue, which is a bigger problem from my point of view, are the strange crinkles under the armpits. Where can they come from? Shoulder shape? The somehow also exist at the green shirt, where the waist width is ok.

Thanks!

Sorry I can't really offer an educated response here, but I just had to add: this makes a wonderful casual summer outfit. With a pair of brown loafers, perfect get-up for a night in town!

submatrix

Reaction score

Thanks!

I'm really a noob at this, so take whatever I say with several grains of salt:

Pants seem too long, especially the beige ones. Would need to see you wear proper shoes before can fully be judged. There is also wrinkling near the crotch area on both the front and back. I'm not sure how a tailor fixes this, but I'm pretty sure it can fit better as I've seen fits where it looks cleaner (I understand the linen contributes to the wrinkling).

The shirt seems to have sleeves that are too long and maybe too wide as well which causes the bunching near the elbow area. As you said the waist seems too narrow, especially compared to the bottom which causes it to look flared out. The shoulders might also be too wide, judging by where the yoke means the shoulder?

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
I just realized there's no buttons on the trouser that are visible. Is it all clasps?

As far as the fit goes, I'll throw out that it seems that the front is a tad too tight all around the body and not just the waist. Are you using a different chest measurement for the blue shirt? That one it seems bigger (too big?), but if they're the same measurements I'm of the opinion that the fabric may just drape differently.

hrv123

Reaction score
Which fabric best approximates the chinos in this pic?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads