• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

GrensonMan

Reaction score
About to send in a MTM shirt for duplication with several measurement tweaks. I am raising the arm hole height by 15/16" on the fold. Is it better to speak in terms of total measurements or on the fold when providing measurement adjustments?

The same goes for a pair of pants. I am reducing the knee from 16.5" to 15.5". Is it better to tell them 0.5" on the fold or 1" total?

Many thanks!

GuP

Reaction score
Is this a good fitting shirt to send to Luxire for copying? Any tweaks recommended?

I have a dropped right shoulder by about 0.5 inches, necessitating the right sleeve length increase accordingly.

GrensonMan

Reaction score
Is this a good fitting shirt to send to Luxire for copying? Any tweaks recommended?

I have a dropped right shoulder by about 0.5 inches, necessitating the right sleeve length increase accordingly.

Hey GuP,

If that is your best fitting shirt, then I would first take it to a tailor and have them make some alterations. The sleeve length appears to be a bit long, which is causing bunching near the elbow. The chest and waist fit is not bad, don't really see any issues there. The arm holes are way too big. This is an expensive alteration but may be worth it for a one time thing. The effect of raising the armholes will be two fold, as the sleeves are much too wide as well.

GuP

Reaction score

The shoulders look too wide to me. By 0.75 - 1" I would say. Also, are you standing naturally there? It looks like your shoulders are pulled back.

I had the shoulders/yoke smaller before by an inch. This led to the rippling all across the chest area - fix was to increase the yoke/width and this is what it is now.

Yes, standing naturally - built like a brick lol j/k :hide:

GuP

Reaction score

Hey GuP, 

If that is your best fitting shirt, then I would first take it to a tailor and have them make some alterations. The sleeve length appears to be a bit long, which is causing bunching near the elbow. The chest and waist fit is not bad, don't really see any issues there. The arm holes are way too big. This is an expensive alteration but may be worth it for a one time thing. The effect of raising the armholes will be two fold, as the sleeves are much too wide as well. 

Which sleeve is longer or are they both equally long, i.e. left vs right? I ask because my right arm sits lower and necessitates a longer sleeve by 0.5 inches. I can ask luxire to reduce left sleeve by 0.5 inches. In the above pics, both sleeves are same length and the left may look bunched or more bunched.

Arm holes - hmm I didn't even think of those...

Last edited:

GuP

Reaction score

^^ Instead of doing all that, if the option is available to you I'd try and get one tailor/local MTM shirt made to fit you ($200ish usually), and then send that one to Luxire.

Actually had this one made at Proper Cloth, which is kind of local - about an hour or so away.

Trying to see if I can nail the fit before having replicas made. Have to find another MTM/bespoke spot in/around NYC.

GrensonMan

Reaction score
Actually had this one made at Proper Cloth, which is kind of local - about an hour or so away.

Trying to see if I can nail the fit before having replicas made. Have to find another MTM/bespoke spot in/around NYC.
I'm not sure what Proper Cloth costs but it may be worth it as lachyzee mentioned to have another MTM made. I do not have any experience with Proper Cloth but I feel that they could improve quite a bit on this shirt.

Both sleeves appear to be too long with the left sleep maybe a touch longer.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey GuP, 

I don't think it's so much the sleeve length but that the forearms are too tight causing this bunching, the sleeves appear to be perfect length, but then may be too long once you fix the forearm. One won't work without the other I guess is what I'm saying. The shoulders look ok to me, though I like a bit of extra width, more comfortable when sitting at a desk all day I guess.

BolognaFingers

Reaction score
so I got my luxire sky blue oxford yesterday (after only waiting 10 days!) based on my proper cloth measurements. The quality is great, and the fit below the chest is great, but man, its almost unwearable because of the tightness in the armholes/armpit area. I'll post some pictures later but how do people remedy this?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The perfect casual collar: 2.5" points, Medium spread, curved sides, fused neckband and soft points.

GrensonMan

Reaction score
About to send in a MTM shirt for duplication with several measurement tweaks. I am raising the arm hole height by 15/16" on the fold. Is it better to speak in terms of total measurements or on the fold when providing measurement adjustments?

The same goes for a pair of pants. Say I am reducing the knee from 16.5" to 15.5". Is it better to tell them 0.5" on the fold or 1" total?

Many thanks!

inno

Reaction score

The same goes for a pair of pants. Say I am reducing the knee from 16.5" to 15.5". Is it better to tell them 0.5" on the fold or 1" total?

Many thanks!

There are others in this thread who have much more experience than I to say, but I think your best bet is to provide any adjustments in the format that Luxire request for sending measurements of an existing shirt: http://custom.luxire.com/pages/how-to-measure

Rather than saying 'Raise the arm hole height by X on the fold', you might say 'Reduce the rounded armhole by X'.

I'm open to correction on this, of course.

GuP

Reaction score

I don't think it's so much the sleeve length but that the forearms are too tight causing this bunching, the sleeves appear to be perfect length, but then may be too long once you fix the forearm. One won't work without the other I guess is what I'm saying. The shoulders look ok to me, though I like a bit of extra width, more comfortable when sitting at a desk all day I guess.

Ah I see. That is likely the culprit because the sleeve length was measured and then re-measured plenty of times. Only issue I see is that with PC, there is no option to specify forearm width. They only have "slim" and "traditional" - this is already their traditional/looser fit. However, they do have an option for "sleeve/bicep width" and "watch allowance" - I am not certain if these will alleviate the issues the pictures show.

They also do not have an option for armhole width.

Ah I should go bespoke and have one made in NYC for all the replicas down the road!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics