1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. xizenta

xizenta Senior member

I see. Though their shirts are priced pretty competitively with Modern Tailor / Moda Republic, their suits are a bit less competitive.

2. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

FWIW a fully canvased jacket, custom made to your measurments, in beautiful Molloy and Sons tweed for $649 is a steal. That shit will last a lifetime. Its the kind of thing that I would want to save up for when I finally graduate with my PhD.

1 person likes this.
  3. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

@luxire , I'd really appreciate it if you could find a plain or herringbone light blue flannel for shirts. Flannel shirts are so comfy and warm, so I was looking to order a couple for the coming winter, but you only have plaid/tartan fabrics.

1 person likes this.
  4. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

@luxire Do you have any further pictures since the one a few weeks ago of the coat making process, including the details of the construction and final garment? Thanks.

5. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Thanks for the feedback!

6. vogs

vogs Well-Known Member

On which pant fabrics do you suggest a lining?

7. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Senior member

yeah tons of flannel. I would love that! Plus fit matters a whole lot less for a warm winter flannel. You can always err on the side of baggy.

Plus I want to make a slim fit flannel with spread collar, french placket, and french cuffs.

8. WorldWideWafflz

WorldWideWafflz Senior member

Thick winter wools for warmth and sheer linens and cotton to add opacity. Anything middleweight doesn't really need it but someone's lining is nice as it's smooth and even fine wools can be a little scratchy.

9. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

I don't know anything about Molloy & Sons but those fabrics are god damn beautiful. Don't really have use for one unfortunately.

10. unaware

unaware Senior member

My previous shirts had similar issue and Theresa recommended to subtract 2 inches off the waist on the back (so the waist measurement reads front: X, back: X - 2"). Obviously the amount to subtract depends on your measurements. If you send that picture to Luxire, they should be able to get back to you with recommended adjustments.

11. unaware

unaware Senior member

I would love some feedback in terms of what ares on this shirt to adjust/correct.

1) I am thinking to increase the front chest measurement (allow more room) and decrease the back measurement to clean it up.

2) It's not as clearly visible in the terribly-lit phone camera picture, but the right yoke ends almost exactly at the end of my right shoulder where as the left yoke ends slightly shy of my left shoulder. I'm not sure if I should ask them to make the right yoke shorter so it ends around the same place where the left yoke ends or increase the left yoke to match the right?

3) Also, are the sleeves significantly too long?

4) the right armhole seems noticeably larger than the left?

5) other areas that I have missed?

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ChandlerBing12

ChandlerBing12 Active Member

This might be a stupid question, but can someone provide me with Theresa's email address. I cant find it on the website and I have heard that people email her photos and she gives feedback on how to slightly adjust measurements for the next order. Thanks!

13. razl

razl Senior member

Ok, I finally did it. My first luxire shirt and my first mtm anything, here we go.

I ended up going with the Soft Cream Cool Linen Cotton
    [​IMG]

With a 1 piece collar design by Turner adjusted for slightly smaller points and height, and skip the hidden button down for collar stays. Of course with medium unfused lining.
    [​IMG]

One slightly radical departure is I'm forgoing the collar button and button hole altogether. It's a casual shirt, I'm never going to wear a tie with it, and I'm never going to button it. My slightly wonkinsh, rakish twist on things that I've had in my mind for quite a while - we'll see how it plays out...

I also took the opportunity to order 40 swatches - a range of cotton/linens and oxfords for upcoming shirts and a bunch of flannels for trousers. Unfortunate that they don't have Minis or Dugdale swatches, I would have snagged a bunch of those.

Oh, speaking of swatches - did anyone see those Cerruti's? :drool:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  14. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Razl, Minnis will send you swatches directly and for free. At least they used to.

Mmm... Döner...

Great writeup!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  15. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Luxire, I've sent four emails to you with no response. Do get back to me.

16. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Apologies for bringing up an old post. Just want to confirm, these measurements are for the NOBD 1, which is this collar here?
    [​IMG]

If anyone has any pictures with the button undone, that would be great.

17. inno

inno Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure NOBD posted a few pics of it in the depths of this thread. Try searching his post history/searching this thread for his posts?

18. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

mail@luxire.com

19. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

for those with experience, if I'm waiting for an order of pants, if I place an order for shirts, will I end up having to wait until the pants are done to get everything? or will they ship the shirts first once they are done?

20. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

Interesting, I like it in theory. Post some pics when you receive the shirt. I got rid of gauntlet buttons on my casual shirts for similar reasons--sleeves are always rolled up (unless worn under a sweater) so no use for them.