• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

itraxx

Reaction score
Drew a blank on receiving feedback from Luxire directly, so I'd appreciate any comments you gents have on my shirt fit. I have circled what I believe to be the problem areas.

What I think needs to be changed:
  • Adjust for my sloping shoulders?
  • Increase yoke? increase armhole size?
  • Remove the pleats

thirdman

Reaction score
I have sloping shoulders myself and have found that getting a rough idea of how much a shirt or jacket needs to be adjusted is as simple as...raising my shoulders a bit. :)

If the diagonal creases disappear as they go up then you know that's part of the issue, and can get an idea of how much slope needs to be added to the pattern by estimating how much you have to raise them to get the look you want.

Otherwise the fit looks great!

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Drew a blank on receiving feedback from Luxire directly, so I'd appreciate any comments you gents have on my shirt fit. I have circled what I believe to be the problem areas.

What I think needs to be changed:
  • Adjust for my sloping shoulders?
  • Increase yoke? increase armhole size?
  • Remove the pleats

Personally I think the fit looks great and you will never get rid of all wrinkles unless you opt for stretch fabrics.

Maybe a slight increase in shoulder slope will reduce the issue; certainly the tailors over at the fit feedback thread will know best what exactly needs changing to your pattern:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/...-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions/4600_100

I'd opt for less tie space on my collar but that's just personal preference.

Light tan twill chino after a year of wear:

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Added some premium fabric options for shirts:

Every time I think I have enough shirts...
laugh.gif

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can i request more cotton linen blend options, particularly in lighter (more subtle) colors? Like your current sky blue and pale pink, but a couple of shades lighter.

A light blue, light pink, and light lavender would do wonders for my wardrobe.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this pink oxford at 148 gms/5 Oz going to be too heavy for a summer shirt? I reckon the oxford weave might be airy enough to make it OK; thoughts?

GTZ48953_1024x1024.jpeg

Last edited:

Tsujigiri

Reaction score
Can i request more cotton linen blend options, particularly in lighter (more subtle) colors? Like your current sky blue and pale pink, but a couple of shades lighter.

I have to admit, lavender cotton linen would be pretty awesome. But I haven't experienced the cotton linen yet. Just placed my first Lux order, one in cotton linen and one test shirt to try out the fit for another idea I have. I'm expecting great things after reading this thread.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Every time I think I have enough shirts...
laugh.gif

I can promise you, we will remain unrelenting.

Will work on these shades. I thought we have added all the shades we have in them, but, seem to missing many. Will get those added.

Is this pink oxford at 148 gms/5 Oz going to be too heavy for a summer shirt? I reckon the oxford weave might be airy enough to make it OK; thoughts?

GTZ48953_1024x1024.jpeg

They will soften and cool beautifully after a few washes.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of collar setting do you guys use for achieving a soft look without it being entirely unfused?

Andrew Ryan

Reaction score
What kind of collar setting do you guys use for achieving a soft look without it being entirely unfused?
I'd like to know this as well.

In addition, with the 'unfused by default' button down collar (asking both Luxire and anyone with any experience with it) - how does the collar roll compare to say, Mercer & Sons, or vintage BB? I go with Proper Cloth mostly for my custom shirts because of their wonderful 'Soft Ivy Collar', which rolls beautifully, but am very interested in Luxire's fabric options...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads