• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Wade

Reaction score

Just ordered a Cucinelli-style vest in the grey wool flannel fabric, I wanted to test it out with a cheaper fabric before committing to one of the Dugdale or Hunt Winterbotham fabrics.

I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives, for those curious.

Is there a diagram or instructions on how to get measurements for a vest?

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep, I learned that maybe I should specify all of my special requests for every order, even replicas. Now if that doesn't work, then there is nothing else to learn and I will probably be done...I don't see that happening though. I emailed Luxire to let them know I wasn't too thrilled and asked for advice with future orders.

cc3peat

Reaction score
Not that I know of... I used a variety of ways to get the measurements and it wasn't at all scientific. I looked at the measurements of Cucinelli vests online, figuring I was in between a small and a medium. This was just to make sure I was in the right ballpark. Then I looked at my shirt measurements, and basically used those measurements with a few slight tweaks. I wanted the vest to be fitted, so I thought using the shirt measurements wouldn't be a terrible idea. I also have a jacket that has different materials for the sleeves and fits just like I want the vest to, so it was easy to visualize it as a vest. I used this to get the BOC and yoke measurements.

However, I did order in a cheaper fabric than I wanted. This is a test run, I expect it to need a little tweaking.

Garasaki

Reaction score
I really don't get it...you didn't mess up but in the end you call it a lesson learned for you?

He "messed up" by assuming Luxire kept his special comments on file, and not repeating all his special requests in the notes of the order.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but think of it like this: When you reference an order number, you are ONLY referencing the PATTERN of the fabric and nothing else.

Also, I confirmed that dugdale fabrics are not available for samples. I ordered 13 samples with my last order...every last one of em was dugdale!!
boxing[1].gif

Last edited:

Amontilado

Reaction score
Yep, I learned that maybe I should specify all of my special requests for every order, even replicas. Now if that doesn't work, then there is nothing else to learn and I will probably be done...I don't see that happening though. I emailed Luxire to let them know I wasn't too thrilled and asked for advice with future orders.

Did you ask for a remake?

Amontilado

Reaction score
He "messed up" by assuming Luxire kept his special comments on file, and not repeating all his special requests in the notes of the order.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but think of it like this: When you reference an order number, you are ONLY referencing the PATTERN of the fabric and nothing else.
Interesting. One could think that order number would refer to how the item was ordered. Not only parts of the order.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lustrous White - too wrinkly and soft imo
It's not really that wrinkly.

And 'too soft'? That's a thing? I have one with this fabric and I'll be getting at least two more, with different collars. All completely unfused because, well, there's nothing better than a soft shirt. ;)

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not really that wrinkly.

And 'too soft'? That's a thing? I have one with this fabric and I'll be getting at least two more, with different collars. All completely unfused because, well, there's nothing better than a soft shirt. ;)

Is it "see-through" if you don't wear an undershirt?

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it "see-through" if you don't wear an undershirt?
It's a little see through, yeah. I just assumed almost all comfortable, not terribly stiff, not terribly warm shirts will be somewhat transparent. Plus, I seldom wear a shirt without an undershirt so that's never really a factor to me. Not saying it shouldn't be to you.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a little see through, yeah. I just assumed almost all comfortable, not terribly stiff, not terribly warm shirts will be somewhat transparent. Plus, I seldom wear a shirt without an undershirt so that's never really a factor to me. Not saying it shouldn't be to you.

Well you might be right about that. Haven't found a nice (not oxford-cloth) white dress-shirt which isn't see-through yet...
I am usually not wearing undershirts, but might start doing so when wearing a white shirt.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well you might be right about that. Haven't found a nice (not oxford-cloth) white dress-shirt which isn't see-through yet...
I am usually not wearing undershirts, but might start doing so when wearing a white shirt.
Highly highly suggest this one (Lustrous). Therese suggested it since I just asked for a "nice white shirt." I really didn't see it being so soft. It's got an unfused collar, unfused cuffs. Feels like I'm wearing a comforter, only.. more comfortable. :p (Pic of said shirt, again, below)

Rincon

Reaction score
My issue with Lustrous is I don't like drapey fabrics... I like a little stiffness to hold the shirt up.

I also find it wrinkles terribly quickly.

Ketawa

Reaction score
AFAIK, the consensus around here is that when "authorized" changes to "paid" under payment status production has begun. Then when "unfulfilled" changes to "fulfilled" under fulfillment status, this means that the order has shipped. These statuses are shown for each order on the "Account Details and Order History" page on your Luxire.com account. I could be mistaken, however.

FWIW I ordered an OCBD about 48 hours ago. The "payment status" has already changed to "paid" (I have been charged for it) and the "fulfillment status" is "unfulfilled".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads