• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yeah. Hopefully they're clearing out the backlog of orders and my experience is a sign of things to come.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Proper, grownup overcoats (i.e. knee-length, traditional styling) are nonexistent in the RTW market. Can Luxire make overcoats, I wonder? Or is that too ambitious?

Worth a try. Truthfully, nothing is too ambitious.

koor

Reaction score
Your old dummy looked like Don Johnson circa Miami Vice crossed with Patrick Nagel paintings.

scrolls

Reaction score
For those of you who have ordered a polo, did you change any measurements from your dress shirts (besides sleeve length obviously)?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Your old dummy looked like Don Johnson circa Miami Vice crossed with Patrick Nagel paintings.

Well said :)

Were never too fond of it. This purchase was over due, nicely egged on by dear friends here.

burghler

Reaction score
For those of you who have ordered a polo, did you change any measurements from your dress shirts (besides sleeve length obviously)?
I gave most of my normal measurements and asked Luxire to change wherever they thought appropriate. I then specified sleeve length, sleeve opening, and shirt length in the comments. Luxire made a slight addition to the yoke but otherwise followed my normal shirt measurements.

For what it's worth, on my next order I'll reduce the yoke back to normal and add a little room in the waist and hip area. I don't wear my normal button-down shirts excessively slim but still am of the opinion a polo should fit a little more slouchily, if that's a word.

Xtra

Reaction score
I tried to ask about trouser weight in the ask a question-thread but got no reply, so I will try here as well. Any views on this matter?

I'm looking to get corduroy and/or moleskin pants from Luxire (online MTM) for fall/winter and I'm very uncertain what kind of weight I should try to get.

Where I live in Norway, fall temperatures might drop to about 6-7C/40F and in winter time as low as -15C/5F.

What kind of weights should I get to stay decently warm in fall-/wintertime? Luxire has some corduroy fabrics that are 465-495g/15-16oz upwards to 680/740g/22-25 oz.

Their moleskin pants are all at 590-620g/19-20 oz.

The only MTM pants I've ordered from there were denim ones, so I have no clue on different weights of fabric.''

burghler

Reaction score
I tried to ask about trouser weight in the ask a question-thread but got no reply, so I will try here as well. Any views on this matter?

I'm looking to get corduroy and/or moleskin pants from Luxire (online MTM) for fall/winter and I'm very uncertain what kind of weight I should try to get.

Where I live in Norway, fall temperatures might drop to about 6-7C/40F and in winter time as low as -15C/5F.

What kind of weights should I get to stay decently warm in fall-/wintertime? Luxire has some corduroy fabrics that are 465-495g/15-16oz upwards to 680/740g/22-25 oz.

Their moleskin pants are all at 590-620g/19-20 oz.

The only MTM pants I've ordered from there were denim ones, so I have no clue on different weights of fabric.''
It depends on your natural tendency to run either hot or cold. That being said, most people aren't as sensitive to the weight of trousers as they are to the weight of a jacket.

I would be fine with 16oz for the entirety of fall and winter but also wouldn't be opposed to some of the heavier weights you mention. I'd imagine you might have an issue with indoor heating at the heaviest weights but don't own any, so I can't say with certainty. I would start off ordering the 16oz and then go from there. You should still have time to order a couple heavier pairs before the winter weather really comes, assuming your winter timeline is similar to ours on the east coast.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For Australian Customers:

For the next 2 weeks, shipping is free on almost all orders, except clearance items.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Blue Linen End-On-End, NOBD Collar and our new dummy!
That's the hounds tooth!!!

SEND IT TO ME NOW!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Xtra

Reaction score
It depends on your natural tendency to run either hot or cold. That being said, most people aren't as sensitive to the weight of trousers as they are to the weight of a jacket.

I would be fine with 16oz for the entirety of fall and winter but also wouldn't be opposed to some of the heavier weights you mention. I'd imagine you might have an issue with indoor heating at the heaviest weights but don't own any, so I can't say with certainty. I would start off ordering the 16oz and then go from there. You should still have time to order a couple heavier pairs before the winter weather really comes, assuming your winter timeline is similar to ours on the east coast.

OK, thanks for the reply.

That is a good idea. I will probably order a new pair of jeans, might order swatches of the moleskin and corduroy trousers that are of interest and take it from there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads