1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

Thanks. I will be adding that fabric to my shortlist. What order # was that? I like the collar.

2. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

@Beatlegeuse It looks sweet untucked. Would you mean taking a picture of it tucked? I want to see how it would affect the fit to have a shirt that can be both tucked and untucked.

3. Turner

Turner Senior member

Any chance the shirting of the Blue Chambray by Cotonificio makes it into the MTM-Section? From pictures it looks like the perfect chambray for my purpose, hazy texture but relativly light blue, your other chambrays are either a bit too dark/grey or too dressy or shiny. The Blue Panama, Blue Summer Oxford and the Blue Twill Chambray are also quite interesting.

1 person likes this.
  4. timotune

timotune Senior member

just placed my 3rd shirt order: The grey windowpane flannel with the specifications of 4840. Hope the shirt will make it here before I fly home for Christmas on Dec. 18th.

5. SeamasterLux

SeamasterLux Senior member

You would be very lucky. My last shirt order took approximately one month to be completed and sent.

6. timotune

timotune Senior member

my last one was 10 days ;)

1 person likes this.
  7. Shirter

Shirter Member

A couple of weeks ago I received a shirt in the Scottish Green Blue Tartan Flannel. I LOVE the cloth. It's very soft, very comfortable. It's like a gentle hug. Really. It is thick-ish and warm, but not so heavy as to be almost a jacket; there is no hint of outergarment about this fabric.
    HOWEVER, the shirt shrank quite noticeably after the first wash/dry. It is still wearable, but I am disappointed because I was thinking that my next iteration with Luxire (this was my second) was going to find me completely satisfied with fit…and now I'm not so confident. Before the shrinking this was the most comfortable shirt I've ever owned, I think—a factor both of the pre-wash fit (which is of no concern to anyone else) and of the soft, warm flannel (which FridayFrenzy asked about).
    I recommend the cloth, but with caution regarding shrinkage. (As usual, the construction was beautiful.)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  8. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

9. althanis

althanis Senior member

How did you wash and dry it?

I've found that washing in hot water and drying in the dryer tends to shrink my clothes, so unless I want to experience some shrinkage, I wash in cold water and hang dry.

Of course, what you've experienced is unfortunate, and ideally shrinkage wouldn't make a garment unwearable, but to mitigate against unexpected levels of shrinkage I do what I described.

10. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Trousers are on their way! [​IMG]

According to FedEx they should be here by thursday.

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Thanks for the compliments on the shirt guys. I'll try to get up another picture of the shirt tucked in at some point. For those that asked about the collar, the order # is 4862 if you wanted to reference that in your order. I honestly wasn't that specific, I had the collar measurement nailed down and I just told them I wanted a nice roll and sent a few pictures of collars I liked, I think one of them was a Mercer collar. I didn't get too scientific about where to place the buttons on the collar or anything like that.

And here's some pics of the fabrics close up - red white plaid oxford, sky blue oxford, and pale pink oxford:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Beatlegeuse

For the person that asked for a pic of the shirt tucked in, here's the sky blue oxford. Different shirt than the one pictured un-tucked, but it's a similar cloth and it has the exact same measurements. Man, those sleeves really get wrinkled after sitting at my desk and working for half a day!

I'll also point out that in the un-tucked picture I'm wearing casual chinos, and in this one I'm wearing wool dress trousers, and these pants have about an inch higher rise than the chinos do. I don't think I could wear the shirt tucked in very well with the chinos due to the lower rise, but it works perfectly with these trousers:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  13. Beatlegeuse

Thanks! I'm very happy with the fit as well. I'll post a pic of the pale pink oxford once I wear it. Fit will be identical to this one.

14. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

I think im about 1 or 2 shirts away from getting that same perfect fit (I have four from other makers) and once this last shirt I ordered from elsewhere comes in, im going to start having a few made at luxire.

That would be great. And i'm more concerned with the shade of pink than the fit. I want something that's nice and pink, not so pale its close to white, or so dark that its turning into something from victoria secret haha.

15. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sadly no. All made into shirts.

16. Beatlegeuse

I think you'll like this shade then. It's pale, but not so pale that it looks white, and it's definitely not a hot pink.

Question here for Luxire - will you be stocking any other casual oxfords other than solid colors and university stripes? I really love the red white plaid oxford that I posted earlier, and I'm looking for more oxford fabrics like that one. Thanks!

17. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. Its now on my list of shirts to order.

18. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

Thank you Beatlegeuse. That's an amazing fit! I'd be in heaven if I could achieve that fit. Do you mind my asking what the shirt measurements were at the waist and bottom widths were?

19. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nothing in-line for the immediate future, but, the process is ongoing.