• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

smoothmoose

Reaction score

Not a great photo. Navy chinos.

Thoughts?

Is that the "Summer Navy Chinos"? I have mine in production now. Definitely does not look like it drapes much. Did you ask to have the leg hem weighted?

Last edited:

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy twill chino.
9.5" at knee, 8" at opening.

I really like the smaller hem, anything more than 8.5-8.75 and it looks silly on me with anything other than boots, I think. Small calves, big thighs.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, i didnt ask for anything special in the hem other than to have it finished like a pair of jeans.

Had them add a coin pocket, RRL Officer Chino-like stitching around pockets and then flaps for rear pockets too

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any reason? Or just aesthetics? 

I'm a bit confused, because I think I just saw bare feet in a pic. But erm... the crows feet stitch is nice, I guess, but it gets boring after seeing it a few times. Something like that. :) (Still a bit confused.)

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused, because I think I just saw bare feet in a pic. But erm... the crows feet stitch is nice, I guess, but it gets boring after seeing it a few times. Something like that.
smile.gif
(Still a bit confused.)
Give him a break.. only been here since 2006. Hehe.

I think NOBD gets asked the same questions over and over more on this thread than anyone in any thread ever.

Last edited:

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Because people don't read two pages back to see where questions are answered.
That's why NOBD should probably include an FAQ section on his signature...problem solve :)

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's why NOBD should probably include an FAQ section on his signature...problem solve
smile.gif
I don't feel that poor NOBD should have to compensate for the inability of others to pay attention or search the thread for his posts.
baldy[1].gif

Though the fact he uses IMGUR to upload does make it harder to look back through the pictures.

After all, he's already forfeited his originality and had it duplicated by plenty of others (me for one) which was nice enough.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am a fan of thin, plastic buttons.

I never gave much thought to them until NOBD had mentioned he had special ones on the way. The thick MOP ones Luxire includes as basic work for me. But the actual plastic ones - are you being sarcastic? Those break in my dryer quite frequently.

I was at Biltmore Fashion Square here and someone was trying to sell me a shirt for $400 and it had dye injected plastic buttons. I thought for $400, I should be getting some actual MOP or something.

No sarcasm. The only buttons I've had break are MOP, and the thick buttons are a pain to button. I wear FC shirts with spread collars, and almost exclusively with a tie, so paying extra for buttons with diminished function and (maybe?) better aesthetic appeal (which won't be seen) seems a bit silly.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jester, I hope you realize that it was a jk :)

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No sarcasm. The only buttons I've had break are MOP, and the thick buttons are a pain to button. I wear FC shirts with spread collars, and almost exclusively with a tie, so paying extra for buttons with diminished function and (maybe?) better aesthetic appeal (which won't be seen) seems a bit silly.
I see. I've had some plastic ones get fried from the dry cleaner. But now that you mention it, I had one MOP from my Luxire crack in the wash
Jester, I hope you realize that it was a jk
smile.gif
Yeah, I did. Figured I'd post anyways. I almost feel bad for poor NOBD. But that won't stop me from wearing the collar... too damn good to be worn only by one man.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, in case this wasn't clear: I didn't actually design the NOBD collars. They're basically widespreads based on my measurements and preferences. I saw a curved one once that I liked at my shirtmaker, and I asked him to take my collar and give it the same curve, maybe just a bit less curvy. For Luxire I only changed the lining. That's the NOBD I.

And the NOBD II is an exact copy, again based on my measurements, of an MTM shirt collar of mine that I liked; and again also with a different lining (unfused, light and soft) for the Luxire variant.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, in case this wasn't clear: I didn't actually design the NOBD collars. They're basically widespreads based on my measurements and preferences. I saw a curved one once that I liked at my shirtmaker, and I asked him to take my collar and give it the same curve, maybe just a bit less curvy. For Luxire I only changed the lining. That's the NOBD I.

And the NOBD II is an exact copy, again based on my measurements, of an MTM shirt collar of mine that I liked; and again also with a different lining (unfused, light and soft) for the Luxire variant.
You could have kept it up and made like $120 or so off of the collar. That's a linen shirt.

But no. :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads