• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Oligarch

Reaction score
I really think that what Luxire does is incredible. They will do whatever they can to meet any specific style requests, but I think they're currently struggling to keep up and it's an issue.

I currently have an order of a single shirt in a kept in-stock house fabric. This is one of the fabrics that is available to be selected if you click the '1 week' delivery option in the filters. Since then, I was told the shirt would ship within a week when I sent a follow up e-mail. That was on April 17th.

Recently I've been told that 'hopefully tomorrow', but that was a couple of days ago now and it hasn't happened. At this point, even if the shirt is shipped today, it won't get to me within 4 weeks of me placing the order. It's also frustrating because Luxire have a great trousers pattern for me now, but the swatches are shipping with this shirt, so I can't order again until it arrives.

The thing is, taking a bit of time to create custom garments is fair - it's a complicated and time consuming process, but Luxire aren't being honest about shipping times and they're creating expectations that they just can't keep to. I asked customer service a couple of days ago if they would consider removing the '1 week' filter, as it just isn't right at the moment. They said that they're going to keep the filter as they have new measures in place that should help soon. I don't think that's the right way to go about it. Really, I think the filter should be removed until they know these measures work, so then they have the right to actually make that claim.

What about customers who are new to Luxire and have heard through friends etc, but don't follow the SF thread? They wouldn't know to expect that the delivery time could be over 4 times the one stated.

I have a suit on order from Luxire as well, and I've just been informed that the fabric hasn't arrived yet. I was told when placing the order that once the fabric does arrive, construction should be completed within two weeks, but I completely fail to see how that could be, especially considering the aforementioned shirt order is taking over double that. I feel like Luxire are crossing their fingers and giving the best possible outcome to customers that ask, even though it's likely that won't be the case.

Once again, I'm not saying that these things shouldn't take time. I respect that what they do is amazing, but perhaps Luxire needs to admit that they can't do it a superhuman rate and just be honest with the customers. I really want to recommend Luxire to as many friends as possible, but at the moment I'd feel very dishonest if I didn't tell a friend that they should completely ignore any stated delivery times that Luxire give them if they do decide to try them.

Sorry for the rant. I'm not saying I won't use Luxire any more - far from it, I still think they're amazing. I'm just concerned that Luxire are going to shoot themselves in the foot and potentially lose other customers if they can't keep up to the expectations they have told people they should have for them.

Am I way off the mark here?

I placed my first order with @luxire for some trousers, and must say that my experience has paralleled that of @buddyfuzz in that I still don't have pants, which I chose on the basis of the 1 week "delivery time" filter. I had also communicated the need to have the pants by now weeks ago, and was only told by them of delays this week. Communication has also fallen off, with it now being days since I got a response to my last e-mail.

It sounds like the firm has done some good stuff in the past, but for a first timer, I have to say that the entire experience has been rather frustrating.

CorozoButton

Reaction score
I placed my first order with @luxire for some trousers, and must say that my experience has paralleled that of @buddyfuzz in that I still don't have pants, which I chose on the basis of the 1 week "delivery time" filter. I had also communicated the need to have the pants by now weeks ago, and was only told by them of delays this week. Communication has also fallen off, with it now being days since I got a response to my last e-mail.

It sounds like the firm has done some good stuff in the past, but for a first timer, I have to say that the entire experience has been rather frustrating.

Once again, I have a lot of love for Luxire, and I know they make an incredible product at a great price. Any criticism I've had for them has come from a good place. This is the sort of thing I was really worried about happening though - new customers being put off.

I've made my thoughts clear to Luxire, and given my input as a customer on how I think they should handle things (including removed the 1 week filter during times of delays), but they disagree, which is their choice to make. I really hope it doesn't backfire on them.

My advice would be to stay with them though - once your trousers arrive and you see the workmanship and quality, you'll understand the hype.

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score

I bought my first pants from Luxire in the beginning of March and they arrived in the middle of April. It wasn't a problem for me, because I didn't needed them for a special occasion. I'm now a huge fan of Luxire.

marchello

Reaction score
@luxire

Where exactly should I be measuring the sleeve width? E.g. Propercloth recommends to measure it 1" from the armpit and have the tape be perpendicular to the top folded edge. Do you recommend this technique as well?

Andrew E

Reaction score
I have pants in the ecru linen you posted and think they'd make good shorts. The heavier, "vintage" ecru line are my favorite pants and would make great shorts too imo. I second the suggestion for side adjusters. For shorts I prefer button adjusters, w/ one rear pocket, as shown in this old post.

Did you have those pants lined to the knee for comfort? I'm having a pair made in linen (13oz Ecru that's purportedly opaque), and am wondering if I should line them to prevent itchiness, or keep them unlined to promote breath-ability.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Did you have those pants lined to the knee for comfort? I'm having a pair made in linen (13oz Ecru that's purportedly opaque), and am wondering if I should line them to prevent itchiness, or keep them unlined to promote breath-ability.
I wouldn't line anything in linen personally, it negates the advantages. Perhaps if you have very sensitive skin then it's worth it.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire

Where exactly should I be measuring the sleeve width? E.g. Propercloth recommends to measure it 1" from the armpit and have the tape be perpendicular to the top folded edge. Do you recommend this technique as well?

when u buy a Porsche you dont use Audi guidelines for engine care....

Luxire has on its site, exact instructions on how to measure.

emptym

Reaction score
Personally, I never have my pants lined, no matter what the fabric. But as someone mentioned, linen pants in particular are best left unlined.

marchello

Reaction score
Haha - I found what I needed...On the Customize Fit popup accessible from the shirt fabric page Luxire only includes the images of how to measure but doesn't include where exactly to measure the sleeve width.

However, on the Measure Your Shirt page accessible from the footer Luxire explains how to properly measure.

That said, while I may be getting a Porsche, I still expect guideline descriptions to be on par with those of Audi...

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha - I found what I needed...On the Customize Fit popup accessible from the shirt fabric page Luxire only includes the images of how to measure but doesn't include where exactly to measure the sleeve width.

However, on the Measure Your Shirt page accessible from the footer Luxire explains how to properly measure.

That said, while I may be getting a Porsche, I still expect guideline descriptions to be on par with those of Audi...

glad to hear..... but being on par is not always what is truly needed. PC uses different guides than Lux and u would end up w/ a fit sub par for sure.

Bazsy

Reaction score
To Bazsy: I would add a coin pocket on the shorts. Maybe some pleats forward? The shorts should end above the knee and be round 20 cm. But that's my opinion :)
Coin pocket definitely but no pleats (this is leisure :)).
I like the rest and yes, if something does not end above the knee its not shorts for me:)

pickergc

Reaction score
Once again, I have a lot of love for Luxire, and I know they make an incredible product at a great price. Any criticism I've had for them has come from a good place. This is the sort of thing I was really worried about happening though - new customers being put off.

I've made my thoughts clear to Luxire, and given my input as a customer on how I think they should handle things (including removed the 1 week filter during times of delays), but they disagree, which is their choice to make. I really hope it doesn't backfire on them.

My advice would be to stay with them though - once your trousers arrive and you see the workmanship and quality, you'll understand the hype.

First time buyer, I ordered a polo on May 1 and while I'm not really all that worried about getting it any time soon, I am a little curious at typical delivery times. Is 3-6 weeks typical?

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say that as of right now , barring any unusual requests that 3-6 weeks sounds about right.

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share their experience with sending Luxire a shirt to copy? I really like a certain brand of long-sleeve polo but they're $225 retail and only available in limited fabrics/colors. If I could send to Luxire to copy both style and sizing that would be great. Any experience with this, and tips on how to order, is welcome. Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads