Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Oligarch

Oligarch Senior Member

I placed my first order with @luxire for some trousers, and must say that my experience has paralleled that of @buddyfuzz in that I still don't have pants, which I chose on the basis of the 1 week "delivery time" filter. I had also communicated the need to have the pants by now weeks ago, and was only told by them of delays this week. Communication has also fallen off, with it now being days since I got a response to my last e-mail.

It sounds like the firm has done some good stuff in the past, but for a first timer, I have to say that the entire experience has been rather frustrating.

2. buddyfuzz

buddyfuzz Active Member

Once again, I have a lot of love for Luxire, and I know they make an incredible product at a great price. Any criticism I've had for them has come from a good place. This is the sort of thing I was really worried about happening though - new customers being put off.

I've made my thoughts clear to Luxire, and given my input as a customer on how I think they should handle things (including removed the 1 week filter during times of delays), but they disagree, which is their choice to make. I really hope it doesn't backfire on them.

My advice would be to stay with them though - once your trousers arrive and you see the workmanship and quality, you'll understand the hype.

3. Edward_Bourn

Edward_Bourn Member

I bought my first pants from Luxire in the beginning of March and they arrived in the middle of April. It wasn't a problem for me, because I didn't needed them for a special occasion. I'm now a huge fan of Luxire.

4. marchello

marchello Well-Known Member

@luxire

Where exactly should I be measuring the sleeve width? E.g. Propercloth recommends to measure it 1" from the armpit and have the tape be perpendicular to the top folded edge. Do you recommend this technique as well?

5. Andrew E

Andrew E New Member

Did you have those pants lined to the knee for comfort? I'm having a pair made in linen (13oz Ecru that's purportedly opaque), and am wondering if I should line them to prevent itchiness, or keep them unlined to promote breath-ability.

6. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior Member

I wouldn't line anything in linen personally, it negates the advantages. Perhaps if you have very sensitive skin then it's worth it.

7. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

when u buy a Porsche you dont use Audi guidelines for engine care....

Luxire has on its site, exact instructions on how to measure.

8. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Personally, I never have my pants lined, no matter what the fabric. But as someone mentioned, linen pants in particular are best left unlined.

9. marchello

marchello Well-Known Member

Haha - I found what I needed...On the Customize Fit popup accessible from the shirt fabric page Luxire only includes the images of how to measure but doesn't include where exactly to measure the sleeve width.

However, on the Measure Your Shirt page accessible from the footer Luxire explains how to properly measure.

That said, while I may be getting a Porsche, I still expect guideline descriptions to be on par with those of Audi...

10. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

glad to hear..... but being on par is not always what is truly needed. PC uses different guides than Lux and u would end up w/ a fit sub par for sure.

11. Bazsy

Bazsy Well-Known Member

Coin pocket definitely but no pleats (this is leisure :)).
    I like the rest and yes, if something does not end above the knee its not shorts for me:)

12. pickergc

pickergc Well-Known Member

First time buyer, I ordered a polo on May 1 and while I'm not really all that worried about getting it any time soon, I am a little curious at typical delivery times. Is 3-6 weeks typical?

13. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

I would say that as of right now , barring any unusual requests that 3-6 weeks sounds about right.

14. benjamin831

benjamin831 Distinguished Member

Is that timeframe for both shirt and pants?

15. Funcheese

Funcheese Senior Member

Can anyone share their experience with sending Luxire a shirt to copy? I really like a certain brand of long-sleeve polo but they're $225 retail and only available in limited fabrics/colors. If I could send to Luxire to copy both style and sizing that would be great. Any experience with this, and tips on how to order, is welcome. Cheers.