• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score
I need some help from those of you who have Luxire made shorts.
I'm currently looking for good fabrics for summer shorts that can be used on a suny day in 30-35 C or at the evening in around 25 C. I mean totally casual / leasure useage like going around in the city and sitting in pubs or maybe on a boat trip but also during a holyday near the beach or in a small town by the sea at the evening.

Do you have some great suggestions?
I have a hard time deciding if it should be linen or cotton or a blend and which wave type and weight would be best.

You can try Luxires "Blue Stripes Seersucker Pants" or their "The New Copper Chino" as shorts. The seersucker is 181 gms/ 6 Oz and the chino is 200 grams. I recently bought "The New Copper Chino" as a trousers and I really like them. They work well for days up to 25 degrees.

Bazsy

Reaction score
You can try Luxires "Blue Stripes Seersucker Pants" or their "The New Copper Chino" as shorts. The seersucker is 181 gms/ 6 Oz and the chino is 200 grams. I recently bought "The New Copper Chino" as a trousers and I really like them. They work well for days up to 25 degrees.
Thanks!
Fun thing is that I was just looking at that seersucker. I also have the New Copper Chino as chino pants (this is the 3rd summer for mine) and that could definitely work but I want to avoid having the same fabric so its the seersucker as number one. 2 to go :) Something cream or beige or off-white and maybe something in plain navy or linen navy or something like that.

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score
Thanks!
Fun thing is that I was just looking at that seersucker. I also have the New Copper Chino as chino pants (this is the 3rd summer for mine) and that could definitely work but I want to avoid having the same fabric so its the seersucker as number one. 2 to go :) Something cream or beige or off-white and maybe something in plain navy or linen navy or something like that.

https://luxire.com/collections/pants?q=&hPP=60&idx=luxire_products&p=0&dFR[named_tags.MATERIAL][0]=LINEN&dFR[named_tags.STYLE][0]=GLEN&fR[named_tags.COLLECTION][0]=PANTS&is_v=1

https://luxire.com/collections/pants?q=&hPP=60&idx=luxire_products&p=0&dFR[named_tags.MATERIAL][0]=LINEN&fR[named_tags.COLLECTION][0]=PANTS&is_v=1

https://luxire.com/collections/pants?q=&hPP=60&idx=luxire_products&p=0&dFR[named_tags.MATERIAL][0]=LINEN&dFR[named_tags.STYLE][0]=CASUAL&fR[named_tags.COLLECTION][0]=PANTS&is_v=1

Maybe you find "the" pant here

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the copper chinos as prone to creasing as they look?

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just placed an order for a new ocbd, it'll be my second shirt from Luxire, will be interesting to see how it turns out. The first shirt was measured at a trunk show but came out a bit less than perfect, main issue were the sleeves and body were a bit too short. Since it was a casual shirt I mainly roll the sleeves and leave it untucked, so no biggie. Hoping my changes will make the next one wearable with a jacket as well. I'll post an update once done.

Bazsy

Reaction score
I like classic belt loops, but it's nice with some change from time to time :) Shorts with side adjusters become more dressed than with belt loops.
That and its a cooler feeling without a layer of thick skin on your waist during the warm summer days :)

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a new ocbd, it'll be my second shirt from Luxire, will be interesting to see how it turns out. The first shirt was measured at a trunk show but came out a bit less than perfect, main issue were the sleeves and body were a bit too short. Since it was a casual shirt I mainly roll the sleeves and leave it untucked, so no biggie. Hoping my changes will make the next one wearable with a jacket as well. I'll post an update once done.

I'm also interested in buying shirts from Luxire. The best part is that I can use the measurments from my 2 shirts from Shirtonomy when I order from Luxire. It will propably be 2 popovers in their Grandi & Rubineli cloth, 1 "normal" from Grandi & Rubineli and 1 from a different maker. The collars will propably be their Osaka Button Down, but with longer collar point lenght, so it gets a nice roll. And one from their Florentine cutaway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads