• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine only have two buttons so you move from one to the other with no middle ground per se. What are yours like?

I'm stupid. I confused dak adjusters with side adjusters. Doh! :brick:

PatchedUp

Reaction score
I've just succumbed to another order, however before submitting my order details I'm unsure whether I should develop my existing pattern (first set of images - shirt and trousers, which were based on my best fitting items at the time and measured by me) or whether I should use the second images and send the garments in.

The clothes in the second images look to me to be a better start point from which to develop further, but I guess the question is it worth it, or just to continue with iterations based on the patterns I already have?

AI1J6658.jpg AI1J6662.jpg AI1J6664.jpg AI1J6666.jpg

I know I need to adjust the sleeve length of the above shirt, and the billowing of the shirt at the rear irritates me, whereas I am actually pretty happy with both of those below, but are easy fixes to my pattern.

The pants aren't exactly a like-for-like comparison, being wool and linen (freshly pressed too believe it or not!)

AI1J6750.jpg AI1J6751.jpg AI1J6752.jpg AI1J6753.jpg

Thoughts? I'm swaying towards sending in the linen pants and white shirt for replication and start again from there. I would be interested if anyone would do anything different.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me why people pull a Superman pose? Am I missing something?

PatchedUp

Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me why people pull a Superman pose? Am I missing something?
I always assumed it was to get the arms out of the way to see a proper side view of hips, so being a sheep I just followed! That and I guess if there was any weird issue with cuffs being too tight and catching when raising arms? No idea!

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just succumbed to another order, however before submitting my order details I'm unsure whether I should develop my existing pattern (first set of images - shirt and trousers, which were based on my best fitting items at the time and measured by me) or whether I should use the second images and send the garments in.

The clothes in the second images look to me to be a better start point from which to develop further, but I guess the question is it worth it, or just to continue with iterations based on the patterns I already have?

View attachment 923407 View attachment 923409 View attachment 923410 View attachment 923411

I know I need to adjust the sleeve length of the above shirt, and the billowing of the shirt at the rear irritates me, whereas I am actually pretty happy with both of those below, but are easy fixes to my pattern.

The pants aren't exactly a like-for-like comparison, being wool and linen (freshly pressed too believe it or not!)

View attachment 923413 View attachment 923414 View attachment 923415 View attachment 923416

Thoughts? I'm swaying towards sending in the linen pants and white shirt for replication and start again from there. I would be interested if anyone would do anything different.
I’d definitely work from the linen pants and white shirt. Whether you measure them or send them in is up to you

CorozoButton

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Recently received my second trial shirt. I'd love some feedback about what you think I can improve. I think I'm a very difficult fit due to wide square shoulders.

I feel there's bunching by the shoulder that I can't seem to get rid of, but I feel the shoulder width ends nicely at the end of my shoulders. I also find the wrist/forearm area looks a bit puffy to me (possibly due to shirring at cuff)?

7tAcIPY.jpg

nVVYHDC.jpg

SfLDde9.jpg

ZIiZseT.jpg

EzdDdk2.jpg

DU5YuXU.jpg

Q3yROcV.jpg

A8VftLn.jpg

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ collar is nice! What is it, one piece?

CorozoButton

Reaction score
It's the one-piece with the following adjustments:
Front Collar Band Height: 1 7/16"
Rear Collar Band Height: 1 9/16"
Collar Point Length: 3 7/8"
Collar Back Height: 2 1/16"

I felt the original one piece was just a little too tall for me.

Xune

Reaction score
I'd love some feedback about what you think I can improve.
I'd suggest sending those to Luxire and asking them for advice. Since I'm no expert take below with a pinch (or three) of salt.

IMO shoulders are too wide. Note how shoulder seams seem to be "falling". As comparison check here (not my photo, taken from polish forum ButwButonierce.pl, shirt by Vittoria Fluido) - shoulder seams are barely inclined, almost vertical. I'd also consult Luxire about potential changes to rounded armhole measurement.

I'd definitely ask for darts on back to get rid of this fabric bunching when you have shirt tucked in.

PeteyPajamapant

Reaction score
Does Luxire have any bleached /light wash denim options? I’m looking to create a pair of light wash jeans, but I don’t see any denim options besides the dark selvedge options.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does Luxire have any bleached /light wash denim options? I’m looking to create a pair of light wash jeans, but I don’t see any denim options besides the dark selvedge options.

Any of our denim products can be washed to different lighter shades.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Recently received my second trial shirt. I'd love some feedback about what you think I can improve. I think I'm a very difficult fit due to wide square shoulders.

I feel there's bunching by the shoulder that I can't seem to get rid of, but I feel the shoulder width ends nicely at the end of my shoulders. I also find the wrist/forearm area looks a bit puffy to me (possibly due to shirring at cuff)?

Bunching due to shirring is normal and settles down after a few washes and wears. A shirt of mine appeared to have a quite feminine puffy shoulder initially, but soon calmed down.

In general, I'd say that you shouldn't start thinking about modifications until you've worn a shirt for at least a handful of times. You want to alter how it wears over time, not how it fits out of the box.

thatitalian

Reaction score
View attachment 923308
View attachment 923309
View attachment 923312

What recommendations do I need to account for in my next luxire order? Both shirt & pants?

This is my third iteration with pants and they never seem to be right. Upon every order I ask for increasing hips/thigh/calf by 0.25” but it doesn’t resolve much. These pants are after taking to a local tailor to let out waist and crotch a bit.

The shirt is pretty good, I don’t think this Italian collar works for me, but I always get messiness in the back, and there’s not much room in the waist, but the back of the shirt would suggest that?
You seem to have exactly the same issues as me, with the creasing at the side along the thigh down to the calf.

No idea how to resolve it though so any thoughts from the forum would be appreciated.

jandersson

Reaction score
You seem to have exactly the same issues as me, with the creasing at the side along the thigh down to the calf.

No idea how to resolve it though so any thoughts from the forum would be appreciated.
I’d try more width at thighs and calves. Front of thighs and back of calves are very convex and there’s not enough fabric to drape cleanly at the opposite concave sides. Fabric stretches from front of thighs to back of calves.

Fraussie

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this collar (or similar) has already been discussed on this thread? Really keen to get a shirt with that collar.

7D794484-5FB4-4C83-BBB6-6296AEB97ABE.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads