1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

2. kwv07

kwv07 Senior Member

Any recommendations for a good Cotton/Linen blend trousers fabric? Somewhere in the 70/30 Cotton/Linen range and around 260 gms? I have a great cream pair from PJT, but I am curious if anyone has had any success with something similar at luxire.

Thanks!

3. amishsteve

amishsteve Active Member

Thanks Quesjac. Makes good sense.

4. buddyfuzz

buddyfuzz Member

I took a photo of both my trial shirts in the same position under the same light, one after the other. I feel if anything, the first shirt actually looks cleaner than the revision? (Apologies for putting 2nd shirt on the left).

[​IMG]

5. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

I love how we on SF totally dissect ,critique, look etc etc...

but at some point one must realize we are not statues or photoshop........both those pics could easily be the SAME shirt..I mean the differences are MINUTE....dont stress. BTW my best looking shirts in a pic are too tight in real moving life!

do u own a shirt that you love how it fits?....show us that!

6. Foxhound

Foxhound Distinguished Member

Those sleeves make a world of difference.

I need a white dress shirt to wear with suits. What does everyone recommend? Poplin?

7. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

yes the sleeves are better.....

8. shirtsnob

shirtsnob Senior Member

white shirt/ suit?......

I love silky broadcloth....but it depends!!! on suit style and when u will wear it, collar style ?

pinpoint oxford
    royal oxford
    broadcloth
    poplin
    end on end
    fine twill

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018

9. The J

The J Senior Member

Both cut in the exact same measurements, after about 3 washes and the sleeve has lengthened by a whole cuff. Have been emailing back and forth with Luxire but was told pique stretches out from none to 10% (?). Are they usually such a big variance? I have no idea how to account for stretch if thats the case.

DSCF1097.jpg DSCF1103.jpg

10. buddyfuzz

buddyfuzz Member

Oddly enough, the sleeve measurements are the same. I think it's because the 2nd shirt has shirring at the cuff, that it doesn't taper like the standard pleats on the first shirt.

I don't really have a well-fitting shirt, which is why I was hoping Luxire could help. This is the closest I have, which seems a little cleaner than the Luxire around the shoulders. Perhaps it's because the yoke is ever so slightly narrower. Do you have any feelings on if the shoulder seams should fit more like this shirt or the Luxire ones I have?

The chest on this shirt isn't any bigger than the first Luxire, which is why I'm hesitant to make it even bigger.

[​IMG]

11. Torulf

Torulf Member

In my view the Luxire shirts have some of the shoulder problems I had with early iterations, rectified by reducing yoke and increase of the sleeve cap height. Good luck.

12. buddyfuzz

buddyfuzz Member

Thanks for this! Could you clarify increasing the sleeve cap height. Do you mean decreasing shoulder slope, making the armhole bigger, or something completely different?

13. Torulf

Torulf Member

Well, those were Luxire’s words, not affecting slope or armhole, but ”making the sleeve higher/roomier at the top end”.

14. Fraussie

Fraussie Active Member

I've been watching this thread for a little while but haven't pulled the trigger on a shirt order yet. What I don't understand is why a Luxire shirt does not fit even though one has provided measurements based on one's best fitting shirt. Am I missing something?

15. joacimbylehn

joacimbylehn Senior Member

In my experience pique stretches different amounts depending on make and thickness etc. I have some standard size pique shirts from Luxire which are quite dense and thick which have not stretched in terms of length at all, while I usually give the sleeves on my Luca Avitabile polosa good pull while hangig in order to maintain the length. I find stretching recudes if washing on a slow spinning program.