• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, there is another discussion I need to find. Last update was:

Shirt - $60
Trousers - $90
Jacket - $550
2 Piece Suit - $625

July 1 Onwards:

Shirt - $100
Trousers - $150
Jacket - $650
2 Piece Suit - $750

Handling CMT orders are  a bit of a challenge. Also, when we damage our fabric, we have a fallback, with CMT is becomes a difficult discussion to have with the customer.

CMT order coming in before 1 July then - I've just been through my stockpile and quite a few liabilities are going to get funded, I've got some great vintage flannel and some deadstock Thomas Mason shirting...

zeBanker

Reaction score
As the usual suspects for Luxire apologetics approach, just to make something clear:
I only asked for a clear statement on CMT prices here.
It was argued that there is a common sense about those. In consequence members posted such "common sense" prices which obviously differed from actual CMT prices. Information about the so far unknown new price policy for CMT was added.
I clearly stated that I'm fine with their price policy and appreciate the official information about CMT pricing. The only point I made was, that in comparison to competitors, this pricing could be difficult - but I don't mind if that's the policy. This exactly takes into account the structure of the apologists argument "leave it or take it" - but I'm just informing that the sum of such decisions may lead to more people leaving.
The reaction to this constructively intended critique was imho once again petulant. Despite Luxire's operative capacities, I think this behaviour is not beneficial to their business. In combination with the apologists this creates an environment preventing the healthy mechanisms of constructive critique which enable sustainable improvement.

This is no personal thing, but thoughts which can be taken into account or not. Trying to defend something 'against' such arguments may hint to a lack of critical faculty, as it is not about being right about something, but about informing about impressions people may have. I don't deny at all that others may have different impressions - but this does not undermine my impression.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol. 'This is no personal thing' buuttt I'll write 5 paragraphs on the topic, and try to insult the people who disagree with me.

Last edited:

zeBanker

Reaction score
As you don't want to argument against the factual basis of my points, your argument over the procedure of my argumentation can easily be refuted, as well: I don't write 5 paragraphs, because of a personal thing. Rather I think that the Luxire project still is unique and promising, but I perceive a hazard in dealing with critique. I have seen many occasions here where some people's argument were seen as some kind of assault to the business model. I think that neither me nor others were anyhow interested in doing so, but rather in improving. A professional reaction to constructive critique would be to be thankful for it and just to take it somehow into account.
Apologetics is not name calling, but simply the impartial description of people defending some core values/belief systematically, which is obviously exercised here.

p.s.: besides - there is a German proverb which may translated sound like: hit dogs bark.

Last edited:

cardiffrover

Reaction score
baldy[1].gif

lbrig

Reaction score
guys I think this can be chalked up to awkward English phrasing that came across as arrogant/aggressive. Probably not his intent.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you are not interested in a discussion, why do you answer?

Who are you discussing with? You're giving Luxire 'advice' when you have no idea of Luxire's internal cost structure or production schedule. You have no idea how their factory works, or how the items are prodiuced, all of which are crucial to evaluating their pricing. Pretty pointless.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And for today, Luxire x3 - got my sand canvas jacket back with the bump in the shoulder fixed. Luxire did a bang-up job on this and I can't wait to get my other 2 current jacket orders finished and shipped. Also wearing the sky blue oxford and my very first pair of Luxire trousers, the chocolate brown linen.

This is very nice. I've only started following this thread and trying to figure out the offering.

Did you send in a jacket or body measurements for this jacket?

zeBanker

Reaction score
guys I think this can be chalked up to awkward English phrasing that came across as arrogant/aggressive. Probably not his intent.
May definitely be the case - thank you for pointing out.

@venividivicibj This is not the point I am discussing. At first, it was about only stating CMT prices - that was all I asked for. I said almost three times, that I'm fine with it, but personally consider alternatives. This is a customer perspective that does not need deep insights in their operative calculation. This was rather a side note, though. My point basically was that CMT prices were not officially communicated yet (initially I even just asked to state whether they want to communicate them officially). This was what I asked Luxire for.

The point I discussed after you and others intervened was that this thread has developed such that it fails to deal adequately with critique. And the response to this were non-factual based arguments simply against (which still is the definition of apologetics).

It seems for me, that people don't even read carefully what others criticize, but project it somehow on Luxire's business model (which is totally not the point). And as a matter of fact, the course of this discussion seems to proof me right.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a national holiday, the day I finally get my Luxire shirt fit down. Pants are close

To celebrate, anyone have favorite luxire fabrics/shirts to wear with tie and sportcoat that aren't solid.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is very nice. I've only started following this thread and trying to figure out the offering.

Did you send in a jacket or body measurements for this jacket?

Thanks! I sent in a jacket for replication that already fit well, and made some minor fit and style adjustments. Luxire did a great job with the replication, and followed all the requests to exactly what I was looking for.

And thanks to everyone else for the compliments and comments on the jacket. @emptym I've already made some of the changes you suggested on my next jacket, and I will consider some of the others as well. The gorge is a little high but I don't mind it. I know it's too high for some, and I may lower it just a bit on future orders, but I like the way it looks here for the most part. I am definitely getting the patch pockets lengthened by 0.5" on my next order that I already placed, which hopefully will be shipping soon.

Last edited:

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Anyone know of the fix required when there is excess fabric right underneath the waistband of pants that appears like a horizontal bubble.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
punittandan