• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post but we have a definitive answer.

LUXIRE CMT PRICES

Shirt - $59.99
Trousers - $69.99
Jacket - $550
2 Piece Suit - $600

Any further questions about specific situations, an e-mail to Luxire would probably be the best way to handle it.

Sources
Shirt
Trousers
Jacket & Suit

Thanks, there is another discussion I need to find. Last update was:

Shirt - $60
Trousers - $90
Jacket - $550
2 Piece Suit - $625

July 1 Onwards:

Shirt - $100
Trousers - $150
Jacket - $650
2 Piece Suit - $750

Handling CMT orders are a bit of a challenge. Also, when we damage our fabric, we have a fallback, with CMT is becomes a difficult discussion to have with the customer.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We are getting the pale pale blue linen cotton and the pale pale pink linen cotton. Currently under processing.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's the comparison shot I promised yesterday, sky blue oxford on top, pale blue cool linen cotton in the middle, and sky blue linen cotton on the bottom:

Looks like you mixed the pale blue for the sky blue.

@luxire prices are heading north north north

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Except for CMT, that too for a reason, I think our prices have been very stable.

We hardly do 1 CMT order a month so we can as well stop doing them without really impacting a lot of people.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen Luxire prices move much. I think they're just communicating that they don't really want to do CMT work, but will accommodate us (as they always do)

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@luxire Are you able to order any fabric from VBC's range, or just the specific ones on your website?

I have a suit that's made form a VBC fabric, but they don't come with extra trousers, so it'd be awesome if you could make another pair with my existing trouser pattern.
Here's the fabric, I could look up the code for you as well:

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Are you able to order any fabric from VBC's range, or just the specific ones on your website?

I have a suit that's made form a VBC fabric, but they don't come with extra trousers, so it'd be awesome if you could make another pair with my existing trouser pattern.
Here's the fabric, I could look up the code for you as well:

Do email us the fabric code. We can check if available.

zeBanker

Reaction score
Thanks, there is another discussion I need to find. Last update was:

Shirt - $60
Trousers - $90
Jacket - $550
2 Piece Suit - $625

July 1 Onwards:

Shirt - $100
Trousers - $150
Jacket - $650
2 Piece Suit - $750

Handling CMT orders are a bit of a challenge. Also, when we damage our fabric, we have a fallback, with CMT is becomes a difficult discussion to have with the customer.

Well, this clearly shows that there was no common sense of CMT prices. I neither have heard of the price change of CMT approaching in July, but it's nice to know about it. Prices for CMT are for all competitors I know lower by far, so for me this is the point of switching to either other online MTM competitors, or paying the 20-30% surplus (not taking into account shipping) and go for the local tailor. Just to let you know - I think that you need to get a bit more sensitive of pricing decisions.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well, this clearly shows that there was no common sense of CMT prices. I neither have heard of the price change of CMT approaching in July, but it's nice to know about it. Prices for CMT are for all competitors I know lower by far, so for me this is the point of switching to either other online MTM competitors, or paying the 20-30% surplus (not taking into account shipping) and go for the local tailor. Just to let you know - I think that you need to get a bit more sensitive of pricing decisions.

Thank you for the lesson in common sense.

Am glad you also have the common sense of keeping your options about tailors open. I like to do that too.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen Luxire prices move much. I think they're just communicating that they don't really want to do CMT work, but will accommodate us (as they always do)

Yes, most folks upcharge for CMT because they don't really want to devote their business to it; this is standard practice.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like you mixed the pale blue for the sky blue.

Nope, the pale blue is in the middle and sky blue is on the bottom (left). The sky blue linen cotton is much more saturated than the pale blue cool linen cotton. I'm definitely looking forward to Luxire stocking a pale pale blue linen cotton, I'd probably buy at least 2 of those.

On the issue of CMT, if you don't like Luxire's prices, then don't use Luxire for CMT. I don't think they need to defend their pricing, as it's pretty clear that is not a core piece of their business. And honestly, Luxire can source an insane amount of fabrics for shirts, jackets, pants, suits, shoes, leather bags, hats, and everything in between, I don't see the need for CMT with them. If there's something specific you want, chances are they can get it. And if they can't, they most likely have a suitable substitution for it.

emptym

Reaction score
^Yes, and many tailors won't take CMT at all because of the reason Luxire mentioned (the difficulties in getting more fabric if errors are made). It's been discussed a lot on the forum and is common sense here, even if it isn't known to ZeBanker.

Beatlegeuse, I think some of the confusion may be from the "top" to "bottom" denotation. I thought the top one was looking from the top of the picture, not the stack of shirts. The mind has to think three dimensionally instead of two dimensionally. I think the colors may be a bit off too. The oxford looks light grayish purple to me. Could be my monitor, but it's pretty well calibrated.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ good point, that may be the issue, I meant top meaning the top shirt in the stack. A better description would be left to right: sky blue linen cotton, pale blue cool linen cotton, and sky blue oxford.

I tried to take a pic in natural light without any filters or adjustments, but I'm just using an iPhone so the colors could be off a bit. The main thing I wanted to show was the difference in the shades, how the pale blue cool linen cotton was more saturated than the sky blue oxford, and the sky blue linen cotton even more so than the others. I hope that came across even if the overall colors may not be quite true to life.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And for today, Luxire x3 - got my sand canvas jacket back with the bump in the shoulder fixed. Luxire did a bang-up job on this and I can't wait to get my other 2 current jacket orders finished and shipped. Also wearing the sky blue oxford and my very first pair of Luxire trousers, the chocolate brown linen.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrlenzi