• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets talk about COFFEE

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

time to roast some yourself

I don't have the ventilation required. Plus, I can always buy Peet's, but I rarely make coffee at home. I want to be able to go into a cafe and buy a damn good coffee that doesn't give me heartburn.

Last edited:

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have the ventilation required. Plus, I can always buy Peet's, but I rarely make coffee at home. I want to be able to go into a cafe and buy a damn good coffee that doesn't give me heartburn.

This is exactly why I started home roasting, because I haven't found it yet. Understandably you guys in the major mets have far more limited space for home roasting. Maybe I'll roast some and send our a care package for ya on the next batch.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:) can you brew it for me too?

http://sprudge.com/thermos-overnight-coffee-challenge.html

To show the remarkable heat retention capabilities of Thermos brand vacuum insulated bottles, skilled baristas at Ritual Coffee Roasters in San Francisco, California, will grind and brew up fresh, hot coffee, pour it into a 40 oz. Stainless King
2122.png
Beverage Bottle, package it in a delivery box, and overnight it by plane across the country, where it will be delivered to 25 contest winners’ doorsteps, ready to be enjoyed in all its steamy, hot glory up to 24 hours later.

I am glad skilled baristas will be packaging the Thermos bottles.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://sprudge.com/thermos-overnight-coffee-challenge.html
I am glad skilled baristas will be packaging the Thermos bottles.

I'd be surprised if it was still "steaming hot" after 24 hours. I've read reviews for several thermos bottles by Sigg and such and they all lose noticeable amounts of temperature in a few hours. I was thinking of brewing coffee at home since the coffee at the university really tastes like crap.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should probably move away from North America, in that case.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those expensive thermoses stay really ******* hot for a long time. The problem is coffee that sits in them continues to extract and it tastes very bitter after being in there in no time at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads