• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Males don't either, if they're neutered before they learn to spray.
We have a 2 year old female cat, and want to get her a buddy. I was thinking she'd be most likely to get along well with a younger male cat, but I'm not sure. Anyone have an opinion on this?

It's a crap shoot. My mother has three cats, two males one female. The female gets on with one of the males and they both hate the other male. All are neutered.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this cat talk is sullying a good thread.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had to carry my dog home from our afternoon walk yesterday, at that point I was pretty pleased that my dog only weighs 10kg.
It was 28-30C and we only walked in the shade and he was offered water every 5 min.
It's a dog to dog thing, just like people.
I had a male Bearded Collie and two cats, no problems at all, the cats even ate the dogs food, without he did anything.
Yes my cat eats dog meat, its the only thing you can guarantee she will eat.

My dog hates the hot weather, we take her onto the Chase (an area of countryside we can get onto about 200m away from our house) and come back as soon as she has been to the toilet. She's too old to go for long walks anyway, no more than half an hour these days.

IronRock

Reaction score

boston terriers snore....at least you know when its asleep.
7252574216_3cc433da33_c.jpg

Cute but might not a good thing with brachycephalic breeds. Suggest you mention to the vet on the next visit, it's pretty normal that short snouted dogs to snore and the vet will tell you the same I'm sure. If it snores when it's awake then that really is a warning sign, operation could needed to clear the nose and throat.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No lawyers were harmed during the filming of this ad.
lefty

They didnt show one put to sleep :(

jk, teh gf is practically one. But is the hsus really that bad?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes. In NA the "Humane Society" carries a certain connotation of animal shelter and welfare, but it is very clearly an animal rights organization that operates no shelters and does little for the direct welfare of animals unless it is a fund raising opportunity.

lefty

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. In NA the "Humane Society" carries a certain connotation of animal shelter and welfare, but it is very clearly an animal rights organization that operates no shelters and does little for the direct welfare of animals unless it is a fund raising opportunity. 

lefty 

Interesting, although I doubt that such a thing would fly in these parts. The government funded shelters as a whole function well, and do try to find a home for most pets. Sadly, when there's a fad with a more "interesting" breed, they will get swamped by the numbers and cannot place them, which means putting them to sleep. The Netherlands had such a thing for the last few years with anatolian shepherds, a lot of them in the shelters but not many people that are willing, able to take them.

Fun fact, in Spain the shelters get paid by the number of pets/dogs they get of the street and have under care. So you regularly find shelters with enormous populations, but all well cared for...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads