KMW — believe the hype

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KennyGhetzoff, Mar 16, 2007.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I'm selling size 32 made in japan kmws in my signature thread for cheap. I love them but need a size 31 [​IMG]

2. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

I'm selling size 32 made in japan kmws in my signature thread for cheap. I love them but need a size 31 [​IMG]

Join the club of "I bought the wrong size KMW jeans and need to sell them, argh!"

3. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

yea same here
    they stretched out alot more than i thought they would... after 2 wears!!!

4. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Haha, don't listen to Kiya, you should size down at least one 1, sometimes 2 on the Rockers. [​IMG]

5. JOA

JOA Senior member

Can anyone provide measurements for a size 34 in the Rockers? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

The 1980's are right up there with the Somet 003 as the best slim-fitting straightlegged jean you can buy without a serious taper. i.e. for a standard slim cut. Been on mine for 4 months now?

Blank, I completely agree. I am now a serious convert (addict?) to both KMW 1980s and Somet 003s. I need more...

I enjoy the subtle differences between the rise and construction on both, and could never name one or the other 'the best jeans ever'. But owning a few pairs of both is heaven.

Interestingly enough, one of the owners at Context said that both the 1980 and the 003 were being worn daily by the other two guys who operate the shop. And these guys have their pick of anything in the store...

7. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

i would def size down one on the 1980s... they def run a size big and stretch easy

8. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

I took photos of my 1980s for something else, so I may as well post them in here. These are about 18-24 months old with about 12-18 months of regular (daily) wear and maybe 4-6 washes over that time: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

Can anyone provide measurements for a size 34 in the Rockers? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Look at my FS thread for measurements on the 33 rockers if that helps.. I would imagine they run TTS on the waist just like the 33s and more or less the same on the legs (maybe a wee larger)

10. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

Gavin u need to post better pics...plzzz

11. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

Gavin u need to post better pics...plzzz

Haha...yeah, those were lit pretty poorly. I'll see what I can do later.

12. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

i would def size down one on the 1980s... they def run a size big and stretch easy

I sized down 1 on one pair I own, and 2 on another. There's not a radical difference between sizes on the leg, rise, leg opening, knee, etc. In most cases 1/4". I like both; the snugger (-2) pair and the slightly looser (-1) pair for different situations. The stretch has seemed to even out the 1" waist difference, although, as stated here often, there's really not much stretch to the KMW denim. It's the softest steel I've ever felt.

Context's size chart is helpful, and accurate, especially if you can cross-reference on their site to another comparable pair of jeans you own that they also have a size chart for.

I'd say take a chance and go -2. Context has a great exchange policy and are very accomodating.

13. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

I took photos of my 1980s for something else, so I may as well post them in here. These are about 18-24 months old with about 12-18 months of regular (daily) wear and maybe 4-6 washes over that time:

If these were any other brand, then I'd say they look like they've only been worn for about 2 months but since they're KMW I suppose you're right on track.