KMW — believe the hype

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by KennyGhetzoff, Mar 16, 2007.

1. dyzfunctioned

dyzfunctioned Senior member

Here?

Yep. I'm going to be so sad if I get home from work and they end up sold out. Haha

2. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

3. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

dyzf, I would size down to 31 because it will stretch out. My experience with KMW 1980 new 2009 comes bigger than last KMW 1980. Also, I have a BNWT 1980 size 31 for sale.

Was gonna suggest going down to a 31, like above, but that deal on the 32s is pretty amazing. Try it. Worst case, you'll have some roomier jeans for warmer weather.

Agreed that the newer cuts are *slightly* roomier. Noticed my new 29s are almost comparable to my last-year's 30s.

4. dyzfunctioned

Shit, took some measurements at break... I'm at 32.5" waist and 21" thigh. On top of the waist being too big, the thighs are going to be way too baggy as well [​IMG]

I can get a pair of 1950's in Rinse for the same price if a size 30 (31" waist, 11.25" thigh) would work?

5. dragonz

dragonz Well-Known Member

Size 32 sold out!

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i didnt realize the 2010s are straight from the thigh down, not knee down.

top block is so slim, and it flows like a relaxed jean straight from the thihg, it looks weird.

7. dyzfunctioned

Size 32 sold out!

Haha not surprised. Kind of regret missing out, but it would have been baggy...

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Shit, took some measurements at break... I'm at 32.5" waist and 21" thigh. On top of the waist being too big, the thighs are going to be way too baggy as well [​IMG]

I can get a pair of 1950's in Rinse for the same price if a size 30 (31" waist, 11.25" thigh) would work?

Don't do the 1950's (been there) unless you want a looser 501-ish cut. 1980s slimmer fit is where it's at. Buuut...for the same price, it's not awful if you have to write it off as a learning/sizing mistake. Better than full price.

Plus, I went down two on my recent pairs of 1980s and am not at all dissapointed.

Shame they're rinse though. The KMW raw finish is amazing.

9. dyzfunctioned

Don't do the 1950's (been there) unless you want a looser 501-ish cut. 1980s slimmer fit is where it's at. Buuut...for the same price, it's not awful if you have to write it off as a learning/sizing mistake. Better than full price.

Plus, I went down two on my recent pairs of 1980s and am not at all dissapointed.

Shame they're rinse though. The KMW raw finish is amazing.

Yea. It's a great deal and all though, but I don't want to spend money period, even if they were only like $75 if i'm not going to like them. Looks like I'm going to be shopping the FS area for KMW 1980's now haha. Unless I give up and get 3Sixteen SL-100x [​IMG]

10. ataru

ataru Senior member

The 1950s are quite slim if you wear them higher up. I have both 1950s and 1980s and since i wear the 1950s higher than the 1980s (crotch at the same height on both pairs) they still look slim, as they're more like a 55 cut with significant taper.

Has anyone ever seen the KMW denim jackets? I didn't even know such a thing existed, but I picked up a type 1 jacket last week off of ebay for less than $100 with shipping from a seller in England, and it's just amazing. Same quality as the jeans, same denim, same deerskin leather patch, same rivets and buttons, and quite slim. Completely blows away my levis type 1 reissue (not LVC) and my crate denim jacket, in all aspects. I thought I had been keeping tabs on what KMW has been doing pretty well, but I never saw this at any webstore.

11. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

Great price on those KMWs

12. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Has anyone ever seen the KMW denim jackets? I didn't even know such a thing existed, but I picked up a type 1 jacket last week off of ebay for less than $100 with shipping from a seller in England, and it's just amazing. Same quality as the jeans, same denim, same deerskin leather patch, same rivets and buttons, and quite slim. Completely blows away my levis type 1 reissue (not LVC) and my crate denim jacket, in all aspects. I thought I had been keeping tabs on what KMW has been doing pretty well, but I never saw this at any webstore.
    Fit pics?[​IMG]

13. JSTF

JSTF Senior member

just how big are kmws pockets? can someone measure them for me?

this and is the general consensus with kmws to size down 2?

14. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

this and is the general consensus with kmws to size down 2?

That's debatable depending on your leg diameter more than your waist size (the 1980s are very slim in the thigh and knee), but I'd say yes. I wasn't dissapointed in sizing down two at all (top button still buttons easily, and little to no discomfort other than normal break-in.

I have lean legs. The thigh has just enough room for ease of movement, and the knee is fairly close-fitting - giving what looks to be potentially good stacking and honeycombing on the back of the leg. The top block is just generous enough so you won't feel crammed into them. I could get my hands in the pockets while still having a very nice slim, close fit. Not sure how KMW works their magic on those proportions, but the fit's still very forgiving if you size down 2.

Since my KMWs are all new-ish (and my last pair were too big from the start) can anyone advise how much stretching +/- in inches to expect with a few months wear? Esp. at the waist?

15. ataru

ataru Senior member

I sized down 2 on my kmws and theyre fine, but ive got some distortion around the top button of my 1980s. I think they would have looked better sized down only 1, but it's just a personal preference thing. TyCooN- sorry, no fit pics as I don't have my camera atm. Here's the link to the completed listing. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT