• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good stuff right there.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts, guys. I'm very happy with it too. And I agree regarding the back, it was one of the main areas that I was worried about but it came out nice. Too bad it's flannel and probably won't see the light of day until the Fall.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Kent - is there any chance in the near future of the cream/off white polo that we discussed and you liked a few months back might make it to production? Or any other colors?

zanci

Reaction score
Is it possible to buy the bauhaus v4 watch without the original strap, dont really see the point to have two as i am going to buy the cordovan strap with the watch ?

rtgfi

Reaction score
Got my umbrella a couple weeks back, I've used it a few times since. Its very nice so far, the wood looks great and the canopy feels quality. The horn tip on the stick end is a nice touch for protecting the wood as well. Overall very pleased with it.

Kent, or others, are there plans for making a cover available? Or one thats known to fit? Id like to get one to keep it tightly furled and slick when not in use.

caktaylor

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I've been a long admirer of Kent Wang dress shirts. I finally ordered one, basic blue poplin in a size 15, and it arrived today. It is more or less a perfect fit out of the box. And, that is what has me worried. Specifically, Mr. Wang's website notes the neck WILL shrink by approximately 0.25 inches and the sleeves by about 0.5 inches. For other owner's of Kent Wang dress shirts, what has your experience been with respect to shrinking? Do you find those estimates to be accurate, or is Mr. Wang being conservative?

I apologize if this topic has been covered already, but I could not find it through the search feature. I must admit that my search skills are less than expert.

This is the shirt I purchased.

http://www.kentwang.com/shirts/poplin-blue.html

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Kent's customer service is infuriatingly slow in an e-mail era ~_~;;;

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of ETA are you looking at? I've not had the same experience. All of my queries were answered in no more than a day's time.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of ETA are you looking at? I've not had the same experience. All of my queries were answered in no more than a day's time.

My experience as well. Usually 1 day's time before I get a response. The only exception is when it is something involving the factory or where they need to get information elsewhere. When that is the case, I've waited multiple days and sometimes a week for a response. The only recommendation I would make to KW is to let us know when that is the case and that the factory (or wherever) can be slow in responding.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

sales .a.t. kentwang . com

e-mails generally have had a two day turnaround for me, and you can guess how delayed communications can get if there are multiple e-mails being sent back and forth.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my first jacket under the new MTM system today. I'll wear it tomorrow and try to get some pictures, but a few initial impressions:

- The prominent chest and erect posture modifications erased my three biggest complaint as: (i) my buttoning point is now where I want it (it almost could go a little higher, even); (ii) the quarters are finally open (almost too much so, but I like it); and (iii) they nailed the back, so I do not have to take every order to a tailor anymore to get it taken in further. Frankly, it looks as good as the jacket I got from Steed recently in this regard.

- The balance is still off. The prominent chest and erect posture modifications were supposed to address this, but the front (to my eye) looks shorter than before. Not sure what happened here, but nothing was added to the front length and, as a result, it looks too short now (we subtracted 0.5 cm from the front length to compensate for the additional length that was supposed to come from these modifications).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads