• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brenner

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What problem are you referring to? I mean, a polo isn't going to stay "crisp." It's a polo. They're supposed to look a bit beaten up after a while. If you're after a "crisp" look don't buy a polo, or just buy a new white and navy one every summer (as those two colors pretty much have you covered for "crisp" looks).

Generally speaking I only wear new polos with outfits that merit them. As they age (2-3 years) they get relegated to golf and lake duty, as things tend to get dirty for those.

Well, if you read the article that we are talking about you will know, I am sure the author is as well aware about what a Polo is:

http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/kent-wang-polo-shirt-grenadine-tie-review/

jssdc

Reaction score
Brenner, you seem rather hung up on this article but perhaps not this thread, as it appears you have not seen the numerous posts about the polos nor on the myriad positive experiences with KW customer service. I would point out, however, that the writer of the article you so value a) does not specify what he means by "poorly" (particularly in the context of polls), and b) wrote the piece in question several years ago

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the biggest takeaways to consider is that 1) this article is 4+ years old and 2) there is no explanation as to what exactly "doesn't age well" even means.

On a side, I can't say I'm tremendously impressed by the Fort Belvedere plug implicating the inferiority of KW's grenadines. While I do not have an FB grenadine, I would be curious to see just how much better a $125 3 fold grenadine is than one that is nearly half the cost.

Brenner

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
No, I don´t have much interest on this article, what makes you think that?. I was just answering the request made by Novaeagle, since he apparently misunderstood the nature of my question, I never said I was looking for a crisp look or anything like that, or talked about a problem.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol, 'I don't have much interest in that article' but I sure will link it twice and keep saying the polos age poorly

Last edited:

Verso

Reaction score

His advice seems solid, I'd go with it. I'd only note that your right arm seems to be longer than your left, so maybe have a different sleeve length for it.

Thanks for your reply. Does anyone else have any suggestions or should I pull the trigger?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you buy a polo and it ages more poorly than a Lacoste or Ralph Lauren polo, we'll send you a new one or issue you store credit equal to what you paid. After selling thousands of polos, we've never had a complaint about longevity.

This policy applies to everything we make. We make good products and stand by them.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you buy a polo and it ages more poorly than a Lacoste or Ralph Lauren polo, we'll send you a new one or issue you store credit equal to what you paid. After selling thousands of polos, we've never had a complaint about longevity.

This policy applies to everything we make. We make good products and stand by them.
#boom #roasted #micdrop

On another note, I have both Lacoste and RL polos, and they have long outlasted my abilities to wear them. I have some from high school (ones that should probably go to Goodwill) that are in good shape, and certainly still wearable, provided I still weighed 35 pounds less lol...it seems worth a mention that these got significant wear and frequent washing/drying.

That Kent will stand behind his products to that degree makes trying his out seem a no brainer.

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I have never been unhappy after purchasing something from KW. If you like minimal branding, high quality products, and if you can nail down your fit, Kent will hook you up.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I have never been unhappy after purchasing something from KW. If you like minimal branding, high quality products, and if you can nail down your fit, Kent will hook you up.

Completely agree!

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a few polos for 2+ years. No problems with them.

I have a dark green one that I've had the longest that has faded a small amount, but no more than you'd expect for any dark colored cotton shirt that you've worn and washed a lot. Very happy with it.

Johnsson

Reaction score
@Kent Wang
The swim trunks seem to have proven to be a strong seller - will there be a restock? Are there any new colours planned?

Cityplace

Reaction score
@Kent Wang
The swim trunks seem to have proven to be a strong seller - will there be a restock? Are there any new colours planned?

I have the swim trunks - basically the same quality/style/shape as the Orlebar Brown Bulldog trunk at relative bargain price. I also wish there were more colours - it would be cool if KW was able to make prints of his pocket squares for his trunks....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads