• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That makes perfect sense. I was figuring before asking that it would likely not be a very economical path forward...thank you for the honesty sir!

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any comparisons of the Kent Wang Benchgrade captoe balmoral vs Meermin black calf oxfords?

I will am looking to purchase one of these pairs of black shoes but hard to compare two shoes I have never seen or wore in real life.

Based on photos:

-I like the sleeker last of the KWs - big selling point at this time
-I don't like the laces of the KW (very minor issue)
-The Meermin is a better price for a shoe I may not wear a ton
-KW may be more expensive...could it mean better quality?
-Haven't checked if either come with shoe trees

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No comparison....The quality of KW is far superior.

Flat waxed laces are awesome.

Neither come with shoe trees.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
No comparison....The quality of KW is far superior.

Flat waxed laces are awesome.

Neither come with shoe trees.

Quote:
+1, love the flat waxed laces in the KWs.

Ok good. When I look at them online I thought they were similar laces that came with my Carminas. A fabric lace that snapped within two days. Went and bought round waxed laces and never a problem since.

wsupjs

Reaction score
Anyone interested in swapping KW Polos?

I have two light grey polos from Kent which are incredible, but a little too slim for me. Both are larges and have been worn less than five times each.

Ideally, I'd like to swap them for two identical polos in XL or maybe sell them at a discount and buy new ones.

Thanks!

francoamerican

Reaction score
It looks like the $70 discount for a jacket without a canvas is no longer an option on the site? can anybody confirm that it's no longer an option?

Thanks

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's correct. Previously, the unstructured jackets were made on our benchgrade production line, which also omits some handwork like on the button stitching and buttonholes, so this warranted a $70 discount. Now we make the unstructured jackets on the handgrade production line, with all the same handwork as on all our other full canvas jackets, so we no longer have the $70 discount.

Last edited:

GradSchooler

Reaction score
@kentwang the shipping prices seem to have increased substantially for small orders. What happened? I used to order cufflinks for minimal shipping cost....

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We used to lose money shipping a pair of cuff links for $3 to Canada. Now we charge $5.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent,

Is there anything in the works for an LA/SoCal Trunk Show or business that will take you to the area in the coming months?

GradSchooler

Reaction score

We used to lose money shipping a pair of cuff links for $3 to Canada. Now we charge $5.

Fair enough. It was just a surprise to see a tie clip and pair of cufflinks cost $13 to ship when it used to be a few dollars.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
are any of the lighter color polos see through? I have the white which is like that and am hoping to avoid any more...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads