1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Oh rite. I can't comment from personal experience on KW shoes. No reason a Taiwanese maker couldn't do a great job tho. Quality of the leather is the kicker, imo. Good leather costs.

2. vriche

vriche Senior member

I wanted to post an update. I received my suit yesterday and dropped it off at the tailor today for some minor alterations. The pants came unfinished since it was my first order, so I'm having 2" cuffs done. I had also requested side adjusters with suspender buttons but unfortunately, it came with belt loops and no suspender buttons. So I'm having those made with the leftover scraps from the trousers.

Overall, I'm satisfied as the suit fits well and will post some pics when I get it back. I'm also shortening the sleeves slightly around .25" or so.

3. SJR3

SJR3 Active Member

Did Kent Wang offer to make new trousers with the proper specs? I would hope so, as that's not exactly a minor screw up.

Please post fit pics when you get the suit back from the tailor!

4. vriche

vriche Senior member

I was disappointed as those little features like side adjusters and pleats are some of the major reasons why I chose to go custom as opposed to RTW. After my fitting with Aaron where I confirmed all the details, he also sent me an email to look everything over to make sure that all was correct. There were a couple of mistakes in the email that I corrected, but the side adjusters option wasn't one of them. Which leads me to believe that it was more than likely a factory error though I could be wrong.

I waited long enough (8 weeks) and don't think it warrants a remake so I did not ask. I did request for the hardware to be sent to me so my tailor can jmake me new side adjusters. Aaron was apologetic and offered to give me a tailoring credit since I have to pay my tailor to make them. As I stated, overall I'm satisfied as the suit fits well and I'm looking forward to using them again in the future.

On a side note, one thing that was kind of surprising was that Kent Wang does not offer an extended waistband option like I wanted (see picture). Just a heads up if that's important to anyone as it was to me.

[​IMG]

5. razl

razl Senior member

+1 for forward pleats; much nicer to my eye than reverse.

2 people like this.
  6. colHolm

colHolm Senior member

Couple shots of my three favorite Kent Wang pocket squares (also my entire collection of Kent Wang pocket squares... for now)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  7. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Loving all three!

8. lexxdeleon

lexxdeleon Senior member

Agreed, there isn't any way around the cost of quality leather! So far, it does seem like the leather used is good quality bar just a slight issue on one of the inner quarters on my pair.

For anyone interested, I've posted my Kent Wang shoes review (handgrade line) on my blog which includes initial impressions and thoughts in-depth with a ton of photos.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  9. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Can anyone give some insight on Kent Wang benchgrade plain toe balmoral sizing? I take a EU39 normally. Debating between the Kent Wang and Carmina Derby... Thanks~

10. zanci

zanci New Member

Does Kent Wang also ship from Europe? I am interested in their trench but dont want to pay for the customs...

11. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Don't know this for sure, but I think the only warehouse is in Houston, U.S.A.

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Should email them. Pretty sure it's TTS though