• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AB01

Reaction score
Hello. I am a customer of many of Kent Wang's merchandise.

I originally bought a medium polo. The piqué fabric was nice/soft and the MOP buttons were a nice touch as was the spead collar.
However, medium was too large.

I ordered a second polo in another colour. This time size small. A little stiffer fabric than the previous one unfortunately. Same nice collar and buttons, though.
It fit in the shoulders and arms, but it was not as advertised in terms of slim fit. Laying the polo flat, it is a box fit. It does not taper in, and while wearing it billows quite a bit in the waist and lower back. I had measured against two Ralph Lauren Polo polo shirts before ordering.
The reason I went with medium originally was both that Kent Wang advertises to size up from your regular size and that Kent Wang advises that his polos are slimmer than Ralph Lauren Polo Custom Fit, which is too tight for me in size small.
I find you do not need to size up for Kent Wang Polos and they are instead true to American regular fit sizing.

Both my purchases are at the alterationist.

To to poster above, measure a well fitting Polo or T-shirt and give custom measurements to Kent Wang. It costs much less than the alterationist's price.

Advantages to Kent Wang polos are that they are logo-less, better buttons, better collar, mid-bicep arm length, and an even hem (no extra length on the backside like Ralph Lauren.

I will continue to order from Kent Wang, but was unable months ago to find proper fit picks of the polos with sizing mentioned. I realize I could have helped with that issue before sending them off to the alterationist. I am curious also if it is measurably true that Kent Wang small is slimmer than RLP Custom Fit small.

Edit: Just to clarify. The polos are definitely slim on top and in the sleeves. Just not below in the belly.

Last edited:

AB01

Reaction score
http://www.kentwang.com/about/polos

Here are my issues. Chest for small says 18. Which means 36 chest, though it says fits 34-35.
I also believe small fits a 15" neck, though the site suggest smaller.
The chest and the hem are the same size. The shoulder is smaller than both. It only tapers a half inch in the waist.
This is a box fit that is sized down in the shoulders. Not a slim for polo. Just a smaller polo.

I workout my shoulders and chest and keep a flat belly. You can imagine how this fits. It's tight up top and baggy below. I would assume slim fit is the other way around.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My experience with J. Crew, Ralph Lauren, etc. is that their hem is wider than the chest. Mine is equal, and H&M and Zara tend to be the same. I think it's reasonable to call this slim fit. I've never found a brand with smaller hem than chest.

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score

My experience with J. Crew, Ralph Lauren, etc. is that their hem is wider than the chest. Mine is equal, and H&M and Zara tend to be the same. I think it's reasonable to call this slim fit. I've never found a brand with smaller hem than chest.

nah..my PRL custom fit polos in M measure 21 p2p and tapers to a 19 at the hem.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These things are definitely a slim fit, I'm a M in RL, XL in KW (though its a bit big around the neck)

Racing Green

Reaction score
FWIW a medium custom fit RL polo is much, much bigger on me than a large Kent Wang polo. That to me suggests that the Kent Wang is cut way slimmer than custom fit Ralph Lauren, Lacoste or undeed any other polos I own.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does the polo fabric loosen up and stretch out with some wear?

This isn't quite what you're asking, but before I put my KW polo on each time I tug on the chest and underarms a bit to stretch it out (it's a bit snug after all those goddamn push-ups). It always reverts to its original shape in the laundry.

smc

Reaction score
Got my first two polos from KW a couple days ago.

All the warnings on the site about how slim they were had me freaking out. I got paranoid, and went with the XL. In retrospect, I probably could have gone for the L.

Really nice stuff though. My new polo shirt go-to I think.

erk

Reaction score

Is that RL a regular or custom fit?

For me, PRL Custom fit in M is perfect after a few washes. I've only tried the KW in XL and after two washes it is almost perfect... a bit big around the neck as someone else has said. I've thought about trying the KW large but I already have more polos than I wear regularly.

jko

Reaction score

For me, PRL Custom fit in M is perfect after a few washes. I've only tried the KW in XL and after two washes it is almost perfect...

What the...? I wear RL custom fit S and Kent Wang S was too big on me.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...and Kent Wang S was too big on me.
having a few KW polos in L, this is another confirmation that I am obese ... :laugh:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics