Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Geran Brown

Geran Brown Senior member

Hi Kent,

I've been thinking about getting the Grenadine burgundy tie you offer...my question is which pocket square would be appropriate to go with it? I was thinking either plain white or the white with the red lining.

Thanks,

GB

2. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Do you know when you will have more size 10 black plain-toe balmorals in?

3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yeah, those are good. White goes with anything. With the burgundy, any red or purple square would work.
    About six weeks. You can email [email protected] to be notified when they're in.

4. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

5. Geran Brown

Just placed my order for a tie and pocket square. I am excited to receive these soon :)

6. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

You will not regret!

7. Geran Brown

I am definitely happy to get it. Just like a fat kid at an "all you can eat" buffet :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

8. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Can anyone comment on the suits? Construction? Fabric? Quality? time frame?

My close friend is getting married and needs one by early/mid Sept. Typical staple solid blue suit.

Let me know

Cheers

9. david123

david123 Senior member

I'd like to hear how accurate people have found suit sizing. I ask because there has been a lot of variance in my polos. I'm tempted by the suits, but if there were even a third as much variance as on the polos the suit would be a waste for me.

10. mez28

mez28 Active Member

The construction is excellent. I'm working on trying to get my measurements sorted out (took it to a bespoke tailor who was extremely impressed with construction to help out with the measurements). I can't comment on the timeline or the finished product, but the sample suit is very well constructed.

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Are pocket squares typically 12 x 12" ? This is standard size and will make for nice folds like those seen in the thread hosted by PSG? Thanks

12. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

I just got my completed custom suit a week ago. I ordered the standard suit on April 2nd. My order was improperly handled on two separate occasions.

1. I ordered a 40x30. Three weeks after I ordered I was told another customer had that suit and I would get it in a week or so. I never got it from that customer because he decided to keep it. A month went by before I was told this. It's not my fault the other customer wanted to keep it, why should I have to wait? I didn't get my standard suit until early June.

2. When I got my standard suit I was sent the wrong pant size... a 34 to be exact. I could take those on and off without even unbuttoning them. I had to wait another two weeks to get my pant size. Oh yeah, and I had to pay for shipping to send back each time Kent messed up. Moral: anticipate some screw ups from Kent's end.

The custom suit is actually done very well. I bought the Basic Navy twill. Construction is solid and it is to my specifications. I had my tailor change a few things, but it was very close to perfect. I sent the measurement changes to Kent, so the next suit will be even closer to perfect. I actually pick the suit up from my tailor today. I will order again, because now that the headache portion is out of the way I can get a perfect fitting, well-constructed suit in three weeks.

To answer your question, if you ordered the suit right now you will not get the custom one for at least eight weeks. Unless there's some miracle, that's what's going to happen. Add a week for tailoring after you get it.

13. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

This is absurd to me. Its one thing if you didn't like it, or the screw up was on your end. But for him to charge you shipping because of a mistake on their end? Ridiculous.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012

14. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Al: You were one of the first customers for the suit so given the high demand there was some delay with getting the trial suit. Now most sizes are in stock and can ship immediately.

Regarding the shipping, you had never brought that up before. If you did, I would have gladly credited you for that. Please email [email protected], let me know how much the return shipping was for one pair of pants and I'll credit you.

Some companies make them bigger, but I think 12" is ideal as it doesn't leave a large bulge in your pocket. An example of me wearing a white silk pocket square in a puff fold:

[​IMG]

About six weeks.

15. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

It should be SOP if things go awry on the sellers end, I shouldn't have to bring it up. Plus, I don't sweat the small stuff. I'd rather maintain a good relationship with the guy who is making my suits. I shared my experience to inform others of what may happen, and because it was asked by another forum member. I didn't volunteer information with the purpose of bashing Kent Wang.

I'm not at all dissatisfied with the custom suit. I do plan on ordering again.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012