• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aaronatKW

Reaction score
I am interested in a grey or navy suit at something like 12 or 13oz. The KW website only seems to offer fabrics around 10oz. Are there any medium- heavy options in the lowest price ranges?

The lowest price range suitings, from Guabello and VBC, are only in the most popular weight of 9-10 oz. Other things are by special order only.

For heavier things, my first recommendation is certain bunches from the great English cloth merchant Huddersfield Cloth. Check the Formal Occasions, Scissett Mohair, and High Twist bunches. Pricing usually around D or E level, which means you're still under $1k for a 2pc suit. While you're on their site, also check the Marling & Evans and Flannels bunches for flannels, and the Harris Tweed and Naturals bunches for tweeds. And among their other bunches, Slaithwaite (formerly VV 24/7) remains wonderfully durable three season business suiting.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lowest price range suitings, from Guabello and VBC, are only in the most popular weight of 9-10 oz. Other things are by special order only.

For heavier things, my first recommendation is certain bunches from the great English cloth merchant Huddersfield Cloth. Check the Formal Occasions, Scissett Mohair, and High Twist bunches. Pricing usually around D or E level, which means you're still under $1k for a 2pc suit. While you're on their site, also check the Marling & Evans and Flannels bunches for flannels, and the Harris Tweed and Naturals bunches for tweeds. And among their other bunches, Slaithwaite (formerly VV 24/7) remains wonderfully durable three season business suiting.

Random question Aaron, but any idea what a W. Bill camelhair jacket would run?

Quesjac

Reaction score
Enjoying some new Kent Wang pocket squares. The Garden of Earthly delights is pretty versatile, though I think judged purely by itself the Carta Marina is my favourite.

20171104104758_IMG_0046.JPG

Typing from mobile so it's awkward but I wrote more here if anyone is interested.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Kent, out of curiosity, how much demand would be required to get Drake's-esque sized wool/silk squares? If something along the lines of pre-orders would accomplish the demand without overloading your inventory, that would be awesome. I for one would probably buy every 17" square I already have again if available in a blend.

We could do a 17" wool/silk for $85. For comparison:

13" silk: $45
13" wool/silk: $65
17" silk: $65
17" wool/silk: $85

Is that something you'd pay for? If so, we could take pre-orders for any of the designs. It'll take about 2-3 months to produce.

Any update on when the Powder Blue linen square will be back in stock? Been eyeing it for a moment and have yet to catch it in stock.
http://www.kentwang.com/pocket-squares/linen-powder-blue.html
Speaking of, when is the larger White Linen coming back? I was told September when I asked in August, I think but it's still sold out.
Both of these are now back in stock.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's outstanding, @Caustic Man.

Any chance of a fullbody shot or does that violate your menswear blogging philosophy? :p

What are the general styling modifications that you made to get that? It's really interesting how versatile the MTM program seems to be. I just got my first suit, which Aaron knew was a trial lawyer courtroom number, and it is very sharp in terms of its styling -- swelled chest, waist suppression, arms cut fairly close, etc. I'll post pics once I get the hem done and whatnot. But in any case it is worlds apart from that rig you've got on. But both same factory same program. Neat!

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks. Might take a full body shot when there is a chance. I recall that I had the rise of the trousers increased, let out the back and waist, might have shortened the sleeves. It’s hard to remember. But you’re right, the mtm program seems really versatile. My latest, which hasn’t been finished yet, should be styled much differently than this. I’m trying for a classic British inspired hacking jacket.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Caustic Man that tweed 3 pieces, with that shirt and particularly nice tie, is very well put together!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry, we can't bend the rules.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kent Wang I am certainly open to 17" wool/silk squares at that price. Is it a situation that would require X number of orders, or one one off pre-orders suffice?

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads