• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it depends how you wear squares generally -- if you like an ordinary puff, the 13" silk is fine, just shove it in points down and you're off. No trouble with bulk. If you like more complicated folds they're too small, though -- e.g. if you want both center and points sticking out of your pocket. The 17" are great for that, though.

17" wool-silk could be too bulky -- the Drake's Unicorn Hunt squares are around that size and verge on problematic for me.

h3ro

Reaction score
Got my light blue linen square ordered earlier today! 13" is perfect for my boring square folds and I've found 12-13" to be optimal for patch pockets.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is amusing to read such detailed discussions about pieces of fabric that get wadded up and stuffed in a pocket. “It’s a print from a 13th Century manuscript...!” :nest:

Seriously, though, always good to follow folks down the rabbit hole.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said, very interesting to read. I love the paths SF folks take. The discussions are fascinating. :cheers:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
17” Wool/silk square: perfect
13” linen square: also perfect

Sometimes, different strokes for the same folk :slayer:

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For years, I wanted to resist carrying all the different sizes of pocket squares and just enforce my preference of 13" on everyone. Now I've given up resisting and will be carrying the more popular designs in larger sizes and wool/silk.

@Kent Wang I am certainly open to 17" wool/silk squares at that price. Is it a situation that would require X number of orders, or one one off pre-orders suffice?
Single piece orders are ok, as long as you're ok with waiting 2-3 months. Send us an email at [email protected] and we'll setup a preorder for you.

Do you have an expected date for restocking rugbys in size L? Thanks.
Almost all polos are being restocked on 12/15/2017. Only rare colors are not. Send us an email [email protected] and we can tell you more and even email you a notification when they're in.

Ian @ Kent Wang

Reaction score
For those that haven't seen it - here's a picture of our handgrade balmoral boots in the wild:

tumblr_ozgh4awKyi1qex49ko1_1280.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads