Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

Should have my coat within the next two weeks. Would be sooner, but holiday travel is an almighty pain in my ass. Much excitement!

2. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Distinguished Member

An overcoat? Did you go single or double breasted?

3. ericgereghty

Sorry, poor clarity. Just a sport coat. Unlikely to need a legit overcoat in LA anytime soon

4. Ian @ Kent Wang

Ian @ Kent Wang Member

5. razl

razl Stylish Dinosaur

Question: Is MTM only for whole suits or is it also available just for odd trousers?

I ask because the MTM info is from the "Suits" section, but it's also the suits section where odd trousers are listed.

6. Jonny Bax

Jonny Bax Active Member

It is for shirting, suits, trousers, and jackets. Overcoats as well, I believe.

7. ericgereghty

8. aaronatKW

aaronatKW Member

We can do odd trousers, odd vests, odd jackets, 2pc suits, 3pc suits, overcoats and shirts MTM.

9. Andy_00

Andy_00 Active Member

Just received my KW trial suit and have sent a note through to Aaron asking for advice.

I have bad fit problems with most suits, so believe it or not this is actually a good start for me. I’m aware it’s too tight at the waist, a few cm too short and I am hoping to lower the button stance markedly as well. Rotate the sleeves too. However, I would be interested if anyone has resolved two particular (sets of) issues in their KM MTM (or could advise generally).

1. Drag lines around the back. I think this will require a mixture of increasing shoulder slope (or padding shoulders) plus maybe creating some more vertical length at the upper back by ‘raising the collar’. How does this sound? Currently there is excess fabric at the sides as a result of sloping shoulders and this is being pulled up towards the top of the spine due to the upper back being a little too short.

I also have forward pitched shoulders (where the points press into the front of the sleevehead) and will therefore require the shoulder pitch to be altered to follow my natural line a bit more easily. Aaron has indicated that this can be done. I guess it is the same as what I have read on SF from tailors about ‘shifting’ or ‘straightening’ the shoulder?

Quite a complex set of issues and adjustments to get right!

2. Front to back balance. I have a ‘hips forward’ posture which tends to mean that jackets are a little shorter than they probably should be at the front and the button stance is higher than it should be. The quarters also tend to flare open/forwards below the fastened button. I have no idea what adjustment should be made to correct this!

B4843840-DCE6-4FEE-9EF8-0AE0092B1553.jpeg 673564B0-C5F9-454C-988A-788E6D3452FC.jpeg

View attachment 879916

2C8113F7-EB8E-4297-B7EB-E7EE0584705F.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017 at 11:31 AM