• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent - any comments on why the 2nd price increase in a year? Is your manufacturer doing less business and has to make up via price? Or are they acting like airlines and charging us for something that used to be standard? just curious.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a double leather soled pair of bal boots from Carmina. I've worn them in the harshest of slushy rainy snowy Chicago weather with no issues except for the occasional need for more grip. There's pros and cons to everything LoL

jawboneofa

Reaction score

I have a double leather soled pair of bal boots from Carmina. I've worn them in the harshest of slushy rainy snowy Chicago weather with no issues except for the occasional need for more grip.  There's pros and cons to everything LoL

Thanks for the response, Pat. I'm in Chicago too so that's very helpful. My concern is that my leather soles seem to wear away faster in wet conditions. Of course those shoes haven't been double soled, and it's possible I'm just imagining it.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kent - any comments on why the 2nd price increase in a year? Is your manufacturer doing less business and has to make up via price? Or are they acting like airlines and charging us for something that used to be standard? just curious.

The website is confusing on this point. It says prices are going up 5% on 8/1/14, but then lists $795 as the price for A fabrics as of 8/1/14. Are prices going up for other fabrics? Am I missing something?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they were boots, I might ask if it was an option. Is it really that ridiculous?

I suspect the point he is trying to make is that you are talking about a very dressy boot, which typically have leather soles. Thick double leather soles that will not melt if you happen to get caught in snow or rain. If you are looking for something to wear in rain, snow and slush on a regular basis, you are better served looking for a heartier boot in Chromexel, pebble grain, suede or shell. You can even then add a storm welt and danite sole, if you so choose.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The price for wool is skyrocketing, so this will be affecting all suitmakers.

The website is confusing on this point. It says prices are going up 5% on 8/1/14, but then lists $795 as the price for A fabrics as of 8/1/14. Are prices going up for other fabrics? Am I missing something?
The price increase mostly affects the more expensive fabrics. Effective August 15 so you still have time to get in an order.

Do the handgrade boots come on a Dainite sole? I'm not sure if that's even a possibility with a fiddleback waist, but maybe a Dainite half sole is? Would love to pick up a pair before next winter, but a leather sole might limit their use in wet conditions.
No, but of course you can have any sole added by a cobbler.

NickInTO

Reaction score
Love my KW silk knit tie, ready to try out the shoes. I want to solicit some opinions from the thread. I need a brown cap toe - if this was going to be your main pair of brown lace ups, would you go for the dark or medium brown?

Also - last time I ordered from KW, my package got lost at the border (not at all Kent's fault, and the customer service was fantastic in rectifying the problem). Anyone know if it would be a problem to order/pay with my Canadian credit card, but have it shipped to an address the US?

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it has been brought up before but I stumbled across an article about KW Art Deco watch on Worn & Wound. I was in love with the watch before, and I am even more attracted to it after reading the article and looking at the pictures.

I understand most WIS would rather spend their money on "real" companies with watch-making history instead of "designer" brands using third-party movements, and generally, I agree with their line of thought. But, there's something about this watch design that really hit my cords.

http://wornandwound.com/2014/04/18/hands-kent-wang-art-deco/

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love my KW silk knit tie, ready to try out the shoes. I want to solicit some opinions from the thread. I need a brown cap toe - if this was going to be your main pair of brown lace ups, would you go for the dark or medium brown?

Also - last time I ordered from KW, my package got lost at the border (not at all Kent's fault, and the customer service was fantastic in rectifying the problem). Anyone know if it would be a problem to order/pay with my Canadian credit card, but have it shipped to an address the US?

The only time I ordered from KW, I paid using my canadian CC and had my order shipped to a warehouse just minutes of the border and drove down there to retrieve the package. No problem.

In the same trip, I bought back 2 bottles of wine (6,99$ each on sale instead of the 19,99$ I usually spend in the tax-hell land of Québec), filled my car with gas and went to the grocery store. Add the smaller shipping cost and absence of brokering fees and that made my trip worth it.

Last edited:

david123

Reaction score
Will you have something like your Spring 2013 lookbook for the fall/winter fabrics? That was very helpful.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ agreed, sometimes with swatches it's tough to discern how they will look fully made up. I'm really digging the linen brown windowpane TRE1001 from this book but I'm afraid it might be too light as a SC. Sometimes swatches look darker to me and then they end up looking lighter IRL after being made into a garment. Anyone have pics of this one as a completed jacket or suit?

Last edited:

mortgagebank

Reaction score
Greetings - I'm scheduled to visit KW's NYC location. This will my first experience with their MTM suits. Any pointers from those who may have gone through this process? form reading earlier posts the pant drape seems to be a recurring issue which I hope to address with them. Also, by having them measure I'm hoping I can circumvent their recommended Charcoal Trial Suit. Is it a mistake to upgrade the fabric on my first suit?

Thanks in advance for the feedback/advice.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

form reading earlier posts the pant drape seems to be a recurring issue which I hope to address with them.

My first KW MTM is being made right now after a visit to the NY office. I'm kind of picky about my trousers so I addressed the drape issue by just ordering a sport coat. :D

Also, by having them measure I'm hoping I can circumvent their recommended Charcoal Trial Suit. Is it a mistake to upgrade the fabric on my first suit?

Not if you're going to get measured and consult in person. It'll be fine. Pick whatever fabric you like and get exactly what you want, man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads