• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Al in Philly

Reaction score
Last night I used the UD code and a gift code I got for xmas. I ordered the maroon pindot tie, the pearl cufflinks (my fiance liked those, they will be worn at my wedding) and a shirt for the MTM process. I placed the order around 8:30PM and got a shipping notice about 20 minutes later.

Excellent service.

areyoufrench

Reaction score
Does the 2 day shipping apply to the RTW charcoal suit or does that typically take longer? And what is the typical turnaround from initial purchase to receiving the RTW to receiving the finished product?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does the 2 day shipping apply to the RTW charcoal suit or does that typically take longer?  And what is the typical turnaround from initial purchase to receiving the RTW to receiving the finished product?

for the charcoal RTW suit, it depends if he has it in stock or not. A lot of times, customers will ship the trial suit to and from each other as new requests come in. Send Kent an email to check if he has your size in hand. The full MTM suit can probably be completed in less than a month if you know what you want (fabrics, measurement adjustments, features, etc.).

Louys

Reaction score
Can anyone who's had experience with the sneakers recommend sizing up or down for half sizes?

bimper

Reaction score

Can anyone who's had experience with the sneakers recommend sizing up or down for half sizes?

I recommend sizing up: I approximate most closely to a US9 in dress shoes (though sz 10 in sneaks is fairly common for me). I tried Kent's sneaks in 9 and found them a bit too tight, and am now awaiting an exchange for 10s when they come along. Nice sneakers: I love the simple and clean look.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Kent,

I'm digging the polos. From which mill(s) is the fabric sourced? Thanks!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thank you all for a great year. In 2012, I added suits, original design pocket squares, a watch, umbrellas, and many more items. The watch, pocket squares, and umbrellas were in particular big gambles that I pursued simply because I wanted them for myself—gambles that have paid off, much to my surprise. 2013 will involve more gambles, obscure things you didn't even know you needed—and, of course, basics too.

Hi Kent,
I'm digging the polos. From which mill(s) is the fabric sourced? Thanks!
Thomas Mason.

Just kidding. I don't know. No one ever talks about the source of cotton knits. It's a pretty commidified market. We source from a variety of mills, and some colors we dye to my specifications.

Kent,
Any idea how long the navy polo will be on backorder?
I bought a polo to test to see what size I would wear and it fits perfectly. I plan on buying a few more in a couple colors, navy being one I want.
Would I be able to just buy multiple colors and the navy just ship out at a later date?
Maybe six weeks, maybe just a few days.

Yes, you can order in stock and backordered items at the same time and we can ship the in stock items first, or hold them and ship together. Up to you.

I just got a beautiful pair of dark MOP cufflinks from you. While they are very pretty, they are quite small and seem to be more like buttons. Perhaps you might consider including the diameter or other measurements in future? You really do have some stunningly beautiful things though, and I will certainly be back for more. Especially that Kanagawa Wave pocket square! I must have it!!!
The size is written on the product page. These are intended to be more subtle, like buttons.

Kent-Do you plan on ever making the chukkas in leather?
I'm not a big fan of suede
Maybe next autumn.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing what else is coming!

Badandy

Reaction score
Just ordered the trial suit in 36R and will have a custom navy suit made off of the measurements. I will update and post pictures.

gyro

Reaction score
How big are you and what size are you wearing (and is this pre wash or post shrink?) Your traps are huge.

I guess you could say I wear a 42 jacket (still "pinches" at armpits slightly for most lines) at 5'9" and 185-ish lbs. My issue with clothes is my back/shoulders:waist ratio, as my waist is a 32-34 depending on time of year.

That polo is a size L, not washed yet (will have to wash on cold and ait dry to avoid shrinking I presume?). I originally ordered XL's but after trying to L that fits near perfect out of the box, I changed my order to L's. I'll have to wash this one to see if it shrinks and hopefully not have to exchange the ones I have coming.

pleco

Reaction score
What do you guys make of:

vs

I really like the blue canopy, but can't decide if I like the whangee...

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
Dear Kent,

I have a navy blue knitted tie, navy linen and dupioni red squares from you. I am most satisfied with the their quality and believe they represent very good vfm. I looked at Brioni silk knitted ties online after the suggestion of a friend who was skeptical of the brand 'Kent Wang', and am not convinced that they are of much/any better quality.

My questions for the new year, will there be an expansion of the six fold range, an silver knit tie or wool/cashmere/mohair/alpaca knit ties next year? How about a classic gold or gold and mother of pearl tie bar?

Keep up the good work,

Kind Regards,
Peter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads