Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Last night I used the UD code and a gift code I got for xmas. I ordered the maroon pindot tie, the pearl cufflinks (my fiance liked those, they will be worn at my wedding) and a shirt for the MTM process. I placed the order around 8:30PM and got a shipping notice about 20 minutes later.

Excellent service.

2. areyoufrench

areyoufrench New Member

Does the 2 day shipping apply to the RTW charcoal suit or does that typically take longer? And what is the typical turnaround from initial purchase to receiving the RTW to receiving the finished product?

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

for the charcoal RTW suit, it depends if he has it in stock or not. A lot of times, customers will ship the trial suit to and from each other as new requests come in. Send Kent an email to check if he has your size in hand. The full MTM suit can probably be completed in less than a month if you know what you want (fabrics, measurement adjustments, features, etc.).

4. Louys

Louys Senior member

Can anyone who's had experience with the sneakers recommend sizing up or down for half sizes?

5. bimper

bimper Well-Known Member

I recommend sizing up: I approximate most closely to a US9 in dress shoes (though sz 10 in sneaks is fairly common for me). I tried Kent's sneaks in 9 and found them a bit too tight, and am now awaiting an exchange for 10s when they come along. Nice sneakers: I love the simple and clean look.

6. amathew

amathew Senior member

Anyone have fit pics of the sneakers?

7. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Hi Kent,

I'm digging the polos. From which mill(s) is the fabric sourced? Thanks!

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thank you all for a great year. In 2012, I added suits, original design pocket squares, a watch, umbrellas, and many more items. The watch, pocket squares, and umbrellas were in particular big gambles that I pursued simply because I wanted them for myself—gambles that have paid off, much to my surprise. 2013 will involve more gambles, obscure things you didn't even know you needed—and, of course, basics too.

Thomas Mason.

Just kidding. I don't know. No one ever talks about the source of cotton knits. It's a pretty commidified market. We source from a variety of mills, and some colors we dye to my specifications.

Maybe six weeks, maybe just a few days.

Yes, you can order in stock and backordered items at the same time and we can ship the in stock items first, or hold them and ship together. Up to you.

The size is written on the product page. These are intended to be more subtle, like buttons.

Maybe next autumn.

9. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I look forward to seeing what else is coming!

10. Badandy

Badandy Senior member

Just ordered the trial suit in 36R and will have a custom navy suit made off of the measurements. I will update and post pictures.

11. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

Please include the fabric codes when you do! Thanks!

12. gyro

gyro New Member

I guess you could say I wear a 42 jacket (still "pinches" at armpits slightly for most lines) at 5'9" and 185-ish lbs. My issue with clothes is my back/shoulders:waist ratio, as my waist is a 32-34 depending on time of year.

That polo is a size L, not washed yet (will have to wash on cold and ait dry to avoid shrinking I presume?). I originally ordered XL's but after trying to L that fits near perfect out of the box, I changed my order to L's. I'll have to wash this one to see if it shrinks and hopefully not have to exchange the ones I have coming.

13. pleco

pleco Well-Known Member

What do you guys make of:

[​IMG]
    vs

[​IMG]
    I really like the blue canopy, but can't decide if I like the whangee...

14. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

Dear Kent,

I have a navy blue knitted tie, navy linen and dupioni red squares from you. I am most satisfied with the their quality and believe they represent very good vfm. I looked at Brioni silk knitted ties online after the suggestion of a friend who was skeptical of the brand 'Kent Wang', and am not convinced that they are of much/any better quality.

My questions for the new year, will there be an expansion of the six fold range, an silver knit tie or wool/cashmere/mohair/alpaca knit ties next year? How about a classic gold or gold and mother of pearl tie bar?

Keep up the good work,

Kind Regards,
    Peter.

15. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Personal preference. I personally love the whangee. Some are more conservative.