Kent Wang - Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Being picky about terms here, but C&J, even benchgrade, is channel soled, but you are comparing open to closed.

But yes, close channeled takes more work than open.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013

2. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

For those of us who are cordovan-obsessed, will we ever see cordovan shoes? I'd jump on a plaintoe balmoral in cordovan in an instant!

3. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

I'd be interested in hearing Kent's response to this.

4. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

anyone get the sneakers yet?

5. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Has anybody gotten the roped shoulders? I'm thinking about doing an SC and I would like soft but roped shoulders like a Zegna jacket.

6. thekillabeejc

thekillabeejc New Member

Sorry if this has been covered, but when are you expecting to restock the Benchgrade Plaintoe Balmoral in 11.5?

7. Wade

Wade Senior member

Kent-For suits instead of trying on one of your stock sizes and then sending it back to you with what we want changed, can we just ship you a suit that fits well so you can replicate the measurements?

8. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Hmm...that's an idea...

9. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Not any time soon. I'm not a huge fan of cordovan shoes, and Horween cordovan would make a shoe very expensive.
    The plaintoe will be restocked in about six weeks. Email sales@kentwang.com and I'll let you know when it's in.
    No. There always errors when measuring a garment. It's much more accurate to work with the set of measurements we already have on file.

10. pickleweed

pickleweed Member

Hi Kent.

Ive been looking for a nice 3 piece, but am a suit rookie. I wouldnt feel very comfortable trying to describe changes Id like made over the internet. How comfortable would you be judging, and making adjustments from photos of your OTR suit, and would you recommend even going that direction? Do you have any plans of visiting and doing measurements in los angeles any time soon? thanks.

11. Badandy

Badandy Senior member

Hey. I'm in Los Angeles and just bought one of KW's suits. I got sent the charcoal trial suit, which was a bit small but was very close to fitting perfectly. I took good photos of it and sent it off to both some tailors on this forum and to KW. Their changes described were almost identical and I agreed with the suggestions. The suit is due to be back to me in about a month. I have already promised to take pictures so I will update this thread when I receive it.

12. elstinnett

elstinnett Well-Known Member

Badandy's experience is very similar to mine. You can go back a few pages to see a photo of me (not a great one, either) with the changes Kent suggested. I should have my custom suit in about a week. I'll post back with my thoughts on how well the suit fits, but I'm fairly happy with the whole process. Kent was extremely helpful despite my lack of knowledge.

I'm also planning to go to the trunk show in NY on March 1st to have my measurements done in person for any future suits, assuming changes are needed, as well as shirts and polos.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013

13. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

So nobody knows if the roped shoulders are actually roped? or are the unconstructed w/o camicia rollino?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013

15. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Are there any photos available of the shawl collar option, and is it available in the different lapel width options?