• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TonioKroger

Reaction score
I like their knits and I like their pinpoint which washes up to feel like a softened up broadcloth (it's not a fancy pinpoint, in other words.) The oxford is a rough, hessian cloth style fabric, not the Brooks or Mercer's type.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i like their semi-spread collar better. i wish they had more options for it in NY slim fit

do you mean regular spread as opposed to cutaway or is there a semi spread less than the regular spread? because i love the collar on mine and it was just called spread.

the oxfords are great, cant go wrong.

i cant compare to any of their other fabric, but i love the fabric of my oxford. so soft and supple and luxurious.

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Stitchy (If I may call you that!)
How does your new Kamakura fit? You and I have the same dilemma I think? 16.5 neck 35 sleeve?
Maybe i missed your report on it? If not, will you indulge me?

I am soooooo close to pulling the trigger on the NY Slim in the pinpoint cutaway, that is like my dream shirt I could wear for the rest of my life.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do you mean regular spread as opposed to cutaway or is there a semi spread less than the regular spread? because i love the collar on mine and it was just called spread.

http://shop.kamakurashirts.com/inde...yword=&act=&sortkey=&offset=15&tsuka_conv=usd

look in the 3rd row stitch. you will see some designated with a spread collar and some with a semi-spread.

semi-spread isnt an option with NY slim fit, i wish it was.

you got a white in royal oxford right? was it with a BD collar?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitchy (If I may call you that!)
How does your new Kamakura fit? You and I have the same dilemma I think? 16.5 neck 35 sleeve?
Maybe i missed your report on it? If not, will you indulge me?
I am soooooo close to pulling the trigger on the NY Slim in the pinpoint cutaway, that is like my dream shirt I could wear for the rest of my life.

i did report! but ill gladly say again, the for was perfections. arms were not too long at all.

http://shop.kamakurashirts.com/inde...yword=&act=&sortkey=&offset=15&tsuka_conv=usd
look in the 3rd row stitch. you will see some designated with a spread collar and some with a semi-spread.
semi-spread isnt an option with NY slim fit, i wish it was.
you got a white in royal oxford right? was it with a BD collar?

now i see, thanks. i prefer the regular spread. mine was NYS pinpoint oxford non button down regular spread collar, and i could not be happier.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any time!

:cheers:

GeneralW

Reaction score
Anyone going to be over at Madison later tonight? I really want to attend but probably won't be able to...
Is there any info on this? I couldn't find anything on their website.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any info on this? I couldn't find anything on their website.

I was there. I arrived towards the end.

Best part was it was catered with sushi and sashimi by Brushstoke and macarons and other small pastries from Bouley. Unfortunately, I was coming from another event where I was stuffed and didn't get to enjoy any of it. Crowd was 50%+ Japanese. The CEO and President were very accessible, but i didn't chat with either them. Everyone was extremely gracious and welcoming, as expected.

Based on the SF response to this thread, I expected more iGents, but there were only a few sprinkled here and there. The gift they gave upon leaving was a cashmere scarf in either grey or kahki with only Japanese tags attached. Price tag indicated 10K JPY.

Last edited:

GeneralW

Reaction score
I was there. I arrived towards the end.

Best part was it was catered with sushi and sashimi by Brushstoke and macrons and other small pastries from Bouley. Unfortunately, I was coming from another event where I was stuffed and didn't get to enjoy any of it. Crowd was 50%+ Japanese. The CEO and President were very accessible, but i didn't chat with either them. Everyone was extremely gracious and welcoming, as expected.

Based on the SF response to this thread, I expected more iGents, but there were only a few sprinkled here and there. The gift they gave upon leaving was a cashmere scarf in either grey or kahki with only Japanese tags attached. Price tag indicated 10K JPY.
Were you invited? Or did you just drop by? I wasn't sure if it was an invite only event so I didn't go. Either way that sounds very cool, I love how friendly they are as a company. I thought they were going to give out the 1st Anniversary Shirts as gifts but those scarfs sound nice.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were you invited? Or did you just drop by? I wasn't sure if it was an invite only event so I didn't go. Either way that sounds very cool, I love how friendly they are as a company. I thought they were going to give out the 1st Anniversary Shirts as gifts but those scarfs sound nice.

I had an invite.
bigstar[1].gif

Onetwobit

Reaction score
Just purchased 2 shirts to avoid shipping.

Both Tokyo Slim fit in 15 - 33.5. One OCBD and one cuta-away collar. I'm hoping it isn't to tight in the chest. I wear CT shirts in 14.5 x 33 and it fits easily.

I live in the US - can I expect duty charges?

Spex

Reaction score
Just purchased 2 shirts to avoid shipping.

Both Tokyo Slim fit in 15 - 33.5. One OCBD and one cuta-away collar. I'm hoping it isn't to tight in the chest. I wear CT shirts in 14.5 x 33 and it fits easily.

I live in the US - can I expect duty charges?
Duty charges? I would expect them, but hope and pray and maybe you'll be lucky.

I'm hoping to find a Tokyo Slim Fit size that works for me so that I can get my wife to order them from the Maker's Shirt site in Japan for about $50 instead of $79 and ship them to her mom. Then she can ship them to me as a gift and hopefully avoid any charges! (Damn....shouldn't have given away this tip!)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads