• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official Affiliate Vendor

zenmarket

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you please post links to Japanese sneaker boutiques? I’m looking to buy some pairs of models exclusive to he Japanese/APAC market. Thanks in advance!
Thank you for asking us! I'll get some information and get back to you later!

zenmarket

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, we've picked up some of the finest Japanese sneaker brands, from major manufacturers to underground labels! Hope you'll find something you like!

- ASICS (long-standing Japanese shoe brand)

- Onitsuka Tiger (globally acknowledged sub-brand of ASICS)
>> See Article on Onitsuka Tiger

- ASICS TIGER (another promising sub-brand of ASICS)
>> See Article on ASICS TIGER

- Doek (established by a footwear factory that lasts 140 years in Kurume city, Japan)
>> See Article on Doek

- blueover (brand producing carefully-crafted shoes in a limited quantity)
>> See Article on blueover

- Spingle Move (unique leather sneaker brand based in Hiroshima)
>> See Article on Spingle Move

- YOAK (another quality shoe label inspired by British footwear designs)
>> See Articlee on YOAK

- Hender Scheme (one of the most forward-thinking Japanese leather shoe brand)
>> See Article on Hender Scheme

- RFW Tokyo (Tokyo-based brand producing basic but distinguishable shoes.)
>> See Article on RFW Tokyo

Last edited:

zenmarket

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Onitsuka Tiger, Hender Scheme, and More of The Best Sneaker Brands from Japan

Dear Styleforum readers,

Hello there! Hope all of you are doing well.

A barren, bitter cold winter is turning into pleasant, balmy spring.
One of the best things about this season is the joy of walking outside while feeling a moderate and refreshing breeze.
It's extremely comfortable to be hanging out on a warm, sun-filled day with a hunch that everything is going to flourish and come into fruition.
With a new pair of shoes and delightful spring weather, your familiar paths and places transform to somewhere worth rediscovering.

Today, we'd like to share some of the best Japanese sneaker brands.
In our last post, obviously, we already shared some of the best impressive Japanese sneaker brands, but we couldn't go into details for each of them. That’s part of why we’re here today. There are some other newly-introduced shoe labels as well.

- Onitsuka Tiger -
The world’s most famous and popular Japanese shoe brand would be Onitsuka Tiger. Founded in 1949 by Kihachiro Onitsuka, this most stylish athletic shoe label started as a manufacturer of sportswear for the youth. It eventually earned an international acclaim as soon as its products helped dozens of professional athletes from different countries win medals in the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. 25 years after it was integrated into ASICS, Onitsuka Tiger was re-introduced in 2002 as an icon for more refined athletic shoes.
s_19-709x473.jpg
Photo Source: CALIFORNIA & COLORADO& CORSAIR On Shoes Master

MEXICO 66 SD is the latest model from Onitsuka Tiger's most iconic shoe series. It's gained a higher functionality and comfort with two types of fuzeGEL and an OrthoLite insole.
D838L_0490_0010308282_FR.jpg
MEXICO 66 SD (¥16,200 tax-included, View Product)

Find More from Onitsuka Tiger

- LOSERS -
Trendiest brand established under the concept of iki, a traditional Japanese ideal of beauty which favors sophistication, simpleness and perseverance. Products by LOSERS inherit traditional designs and color combinations of Japanese footwear. They consist of these basic elements and some "customized designs", which reflect the thoughts and inspirations given by individual designers.

The word "losers" may sound insulting or humiliating, but this company takes this as their source of pride, implying that it symbolizes their firm conviction in perseverance and their slogan "Stick to Your Guns".

- DRAGONBEARD -
Since its foundation in 2000, DRAGONBEARD has aimed at establishing itself as one of the most world-renowned sneaker brands from Japan. Following the release of DB SERIES with a stylish and sporty look, their innovative spirit created famed DX SERIES, which consequently led to a boom of dress sneakers in the Japanese shoe markets. As well as LOSERS, DRAGONBEARD is centered around some Japanese traditions and cultural concepts, which would add creativity to your fashion.

ofdx2307-m-03.jpg
DX-2307 (¥10,584 tax-included, View Product)

dx2601_bg.jpg
DX-2601 (¥11,664 tax-included, View Product)

dx502_outside.jpg
DX-502 (¥12,744 tax-included, View Product)

Find More from Dragonbeard

- Hender Scheme -
A most forward-looking cult brand
turning many of new fans into those most dedicated. Hender Scheme is one of a kind in terms of qualities and futuristic designs. They produce not only sneakers but also more fashion-forward footwear and even leather accessories. Their products are usually priced very high, and some of them are hard to obtain even on the official online store because of the high popularity. Luckily, we've found a bunch of stocks offered by different sellers on Rakuten. Hope you’ll find some pair of shoes you love.

125933027.jpg
manual industrial products 05 (¥44,000+tax, View Product)

126971402_o1.jpg
typical color exception gibson (¥53,000+tax, View Product)

Find More from Hender Scheme

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to give us a reply. We're pleased to help you with anything :) Thank you so much.

Also, if you received a series of the same emails or notifications from us for this article, it was because of an error we had when publishing the article. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:

dkboze

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to have an item from an "other shop" (non Rakuten/Yahoo/etc) confirmed as in stock? Been waiting and not sure what's normal or not. Thanks!

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to have an item from an "other shop" (non Rakuten/Yahoo/etc) confirmed as in stock? Been waiting and not sure what's normal or not. Thanks!

The most I think it’s taken for me is a couple of days but I’m sure it varies depending on the shop.

zenmarket

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Denim Master-Hand KAPITAL

Dear Styleforum readers,

Hello, everyone! Thank you as always for your continued support.

The brand we feature today is KAPITAL, an Okayama-based manufacturer of denim garments you'd probably know of.

- KAPITAL -
KAPITAL has been acclaimed for its patch-worked denim jackets & jeans and sometimes even make an appearance in articles published on prestigious fashion presses such as VOGUE, COMPLEX or HypeBeast.

Inspired by nostalgic American vintage workwear but harmoniously incorporating characteristics of traditional Japanese clothing, KAPITAL takes advantage of finest denim as well as other superior fabrics in a way no other manufacturers can.

KAPITAL’s garments are famed among some international celebrities. Very recently, an American rapper and songwriter Travis Scott was spotted on several occasions wearing a pair of jeans of KAPITAL (See Article).

If any of the garment catches your attention, just click the "View Product" button of the product to learn more about it. It doesn't seem that KAPITAL offers an English web store and most of the product descriptions are written in Japanese. Instead, we're happy to help you find out about each product if you have any questions for us.

Many of their items are also available on Rakuten as well as Yahoo! Shopping, usually at more reasonable prices.

>> Official Site
>> Instagram

Thank you so much for reading. It's still cold here in Japan, but spring is coming with Japanese plum blossoms starting to bloom. Take care of yourself & have a nice day!

Last edited:

HeavenResign

Reaction score
Here to post about an extremely unsatisfactory experience I've had with zenmarket.

A few weeks ago, zenmarket bought this parka (https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l391907529) off of yahoo japan to then ship to me. I know the seller sells a lot of julius stuff, and uses a lot of stock photos (which seems to be common on yahoo! japan, and I've received plenty of stuff like this with similar descriptions before with zero issues), so I paid for the photo service where you pay 500 or so yen and specify what you'd like your photographs of, and specifically mentioned they take one of the size tag, confirming it's a size 2 as the listing claims before shipping it off. I did this because I was trying to be cautious, and figured rather than ask for favors via messages, that if I pay for a service that specifically allows me to ask what I'd like photographed, it'd get done.Unfortunately there's no record of the comments I added when I paid for the photographs, but when they sent the pictures specifically without any of the size tag, I let them know:

O4HUfXF.png

I responded with the item number, and they never checked it. This alone seems a little unreal to me, I paid for a service, it wasn't provided, I let them know it wasn't provided, they didn't care. And just for context, the packing job on these items isn't intricate, they're placed in white paper, sealed up, and the shipping tag is put on. It would've taken no more than 5 minutes to check the size tag, let alone take a picture.

So with my luck, it gets here, and it's a size 1. I originally liked to have thought it was a mistake, as people make those, and that the seller would make good on it. unfortunately I've realized very quickly that's not the case.

5PmSV67.png

Of course, given the listing above, it's clearly listed as BK2, which means black, size 2.
That's the naming convention Julius uses. As a quick example:

vNyJwxtm.jpg

I get now that the seller is blatantly trying to just avoid a refund by essentially lying, but the total acceptance of zenmarket of this bull is astounding to me. I'm unsure what sufficient buyer protections are. I'm not trying to claim there's an extra scratch and thus I demand a refund. The seller listed it as a size 2. It's objectively a size 1. It's not the item I purchased. How is there no buyer protection at all for that? Also, they can't/won't even leave negative feedback on the user. Here's the positive feedback they already gave the seller without checking to see if it was what they ordered, which is why I'm guessing this seller has so much positive feedback in the first place.

WdmfXWr.png

But even so, the fact that they shipped this all the way here and I couldn't negotiate this with the jacket still in japan, where it'd be easier to send it back, was/is really stressful to me.

Maybe I expect too much from a proxy service, and that could be my fault. Maybe I shouldn't have trusted a seller that didn't provide photos themselves of the size tag. I've had many interactions with many styleforum affiliates (Gustin, Wolf vs Goat, Zam Barrett, the list probably goes on...) and they've all been positive, if not stellar. But the lack of any sort of empathy from zenmarket, regardless of it was from their own mistakes (the photos, shipping it before checking after I made them aware of the situation), or the seller blatantly ripping me off, is just...unlike any experience I've had before.

But styleforum users should know that if a seller wants to rip you off, zenmarket will happily let them while doing the absolute bare minimum, and that the zenmarket services you pay for are not guaranteed, and there's nothing you can do about it. Isn't this what a proxy service does? You buy an item, they check to see if it's the item you purchased, they send it over. If they can't do that, what can you trust zenmarket with? Nothing. Which is exactly what I recommend styleforum users trust zenmarket for.

Last edited:

HeavenResign

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you ask about the size until after purchasing? There's a pretty clear button for it, it's free, and makes things easier for all parties involved.

--Not to belittle your issues with the photo request. That's a bummer.
I asked zenmarket to take a photo of it, you're right that from now on I would ask the yahoo auctions seller to take a photo of the size tag, and if they aren't willing to then there's something fishy about it and I should stay clear, but the seller clearly listed it though as a size 2. The photo thing was me being cautious, at the time I thought I was being even more proactive than necessary, but now I see that wasn't the case. I thought I was in the minority of people who would want even more confirmation (I knew a size 2 would fit me just how I wanted so I didn't need additional measurements).

like for example, just because it's there in your signature (if you don't mind), your schneider cardigan post - it claims it's a size 4, but there's no photo of the tag (although only 2 of the photos still appear since it's a bit old so I could be mistaken). But if I knew a size 4 would fit me, I generally would think a user wouldn't ask for another photo of the size tag specifically. Would you? If so that's totally fine maybe I'm off base. I would buy it, trusting your word that it's a size 4, but if it was actually a size 3 or 2 (not my perception of it, but on the label itself), that it'd be well within my rights to take issue of it with you. Is this not reasonable?

Last edited:

zenmarket

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here to post about an extremely unsatisfactory experience I've had with zenmarket.

Hi, my name is James and I work here at ZenMarket. I'm sorry I didn't reply here faster. I truly apologize for this experience you had with us. I hope I can clear up a few points for you.

First, regarding the photos. That was our bad. I'm really sorry. I am not sure why this happened. You did properly request a photo of the tag, but you received photos that didn't show the tag. I know you assumed the item was the correct size, but I can see that a parcel was created, and shipping was finalized and paid for before we had a chance to take new pictures for you. Unfortunately, even if the pictures had reached you before we shipped, the seller would still have not accepted a return or exchange.

We have been talking to the the seller and they have refused any return or exchange. We brought up that the "BK2" in the item name appears to be a size and color, but the seller claims it's just part of the stock keeping code, and not a size. I agree it is easily interpreted as a color and size, but it is not explicitly stated as such. Some other items from this seller mention specific sizes in their descriptions but there was no specific size information for this item.

I'm sorry our customer service representatives didn't communicate this as clearly as we could have. We have been trying to resolve this issue with the seller but there is very little we can do if they refuse to accept a return. Yahoo doesn't offer any buyer protection which is why we make everyone explicitly agree to assume the risk themselves when purchasing auctions. We do offer to contact sellers before we place a bid in case there are any doubts about items. But after the sale our options are limited.

I'm really sorry this was a bad experience for you. Please send me a message if you'd like and I'm happy to work with you directly to clear things up and resolve what I can for you. Thanks.

newp

Reaction score
If you are using zenmarket, check your account history there RIGHT NOW.
Looks like they have a security leak of their database: my account was used to buy a lot of stuff without my permission because I was careless enough to keep money there and not withdrawing it back to PayPal. My email is secure and my password at zenmarket wasn't changed (at least I haven't got any notification from it).

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you are using zenmarket, check your account history there RIGHT NOW.
Looks like they have a security leak of their database: my account was used to buy a lot of stuff without my permission because I was careless enough to keep money there and not withdrawing it back to PayPal. My email is secure and my password at zenmarket wasn't changed (at least I haven't got any notification from it).
wow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads