• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Not sure if it was specifically for black friday, but at my local Jcrew all of their Levi's collab jeans were marked down to $19.99. Mostly had the "Best Blues" and a dark resin wash, but $19.99 isn't bad any way you cut it.

Not at my jcrew....

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
The fact that the merino cardigan costs more should tell just how much of the cardigan is cashmere.

If it is anything like the sweater I bought two years ago, it is 8% cashmere. Kinda feels like sticky cotton. It's comfortable enough, though. Haven't worn it a whole lot, so I can't comment on longevity.

Waiting for my navy Merino cardigan in the mail. Ordered two large shipments for my wife and I. Unfortunately missed the 25% off for one of them. Pretty happy with the styling and quality of what I've gotten already though.

I haven't bought any clothes for a year or two. J Crew definitely seems to be slimming down their cuts. Some are even too slim for me these days.

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thesamsonproject
I've got the Belstaff Brad jacket in a Small (brand new) if anyone is interested. I'd be willing to part with it for just below retail.

Saw one of these today....one of the best jackets I've seen in a long time.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmass1
What do you all think about their bowery twill pants? Does anyone have a pair? I'm thinking about picking up a classic fit pair in either navy or or clove.

Which color is more versatile? I'm thinking clove, but I have a lot of khaki colored pants and no navy

What about the bowery heather twill (only comes in heather grey?

The Bowery pants are not as slim as I would prefer. You should try them on first. I would call them a regular/relaxed fit. There's a little bagginess in the thighs/knees. Having said that, they're fine for my workplace. As for color, I'm starting to appreciate navy pants...work with black and brown shoes, unlike khaki.

raptorrapture

Reaction score
Bought the Field Mechanic's jacket the other day during their 25% sale.

Funny thing - I found the jacket in size S in the Dark Straw color. I was convinced that it was $218, even when the price said $258. I told the clerk this and he agreed to honor the $218 price. After getting 25% off, the total came to around $165. I get home and realized that it's the Faded Black version that is $218. Oh well. Guess I got away with (unintentional) robbery.

After wearing the jacket for a few days, I kinda want to try the XS version and see if that's a better fit. Too bad they didn't have it in the store. The S fits me well, but I wish they had the XS for comparison.

As for the jacket itself, I'm very happy with it. It's super-warm, definitely a dead-of-winter jacket. The zip up hood is a nice touch.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
They fit fine. I wouldnt say slim but wouldnt say relaxed either....pretty much in between.

if you want a slimmer fit they offer a slim fit bowery too.

Correct. I was referring to the classic fit ones. They're actually pretty comfortable for a desk jockey like me. I might go slim fit next time, tho.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
They really need to do something about the exhorbitant shipping rates. Perhaps free shipping until Christmas.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene