1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. raptorrapture

raptorrapture Senior member

I am thinking about xs in regular or slim also. What is your measurement?
    So finally got the wool langham jacket in XS and the university coat in XS slim cut in the mail. Both were final sale, so there's no going back with either of them. Fortunately, I'm impressed with both of them and will definitely keep them. The langham jacket is a pretty good fit and looks great. It's probably better suited as a Fall/early Spring jacket because it's not as warm or insulated as my Field Mechanic's jacket or the university coat w/ thinsulate. Fit doesn't look boxy or anything either, even with it not being a slim cut. As for the university coat in slim cut - huge improvement. Definitely a keeper now (not that I have a choice). Gone is the boxy-look as it fits closer to the waist and tapers down from the arms. It went from being a garbage jacket in regular cut to being an excellent piece in slim cut for me. I highly recommend it to anyone that has a smaller waist (I have a 29-30" waist) and is looking for a super-warm jacket that's not your standard pea-coat. Anyone else think it's a little cruel for companies to say "Final Sale - no returns" on items that aren't even available in retail stores? I think both the langham jacket and the university coat in that cut were only available online. How the hell are we supposed to try them out? They don't even offer accurate measurements for each individual item. I believe they expect us to guess and pray that everything works out. Again, fortunately for me it did, but it was definitely a huge risk.

2. raptorrapture

I just looked and apparently they don't sell the slim cut university jacket anymore. All sold out. [​IMG]

They just put the authentic peacoat up for sale though (in regular and thinsulate, no slim). Anyone have any experience with that?

3. Guus

Guus Senior member

So finally got the wool langham jacket in XS and the university coat in XS slim cut in the mail. Both were final sale, so there's no going back with either of them. Fortunately, I'm impressed with both of them and will definitely keep them. The langham jacket is a pretty good fit and looks great. It's probably better suited as a Fall/early Spring jacket because it's not as warm or insulated as my Field Mechanic's jacket or the university coat w/ thinsulate. Fit doesn't look boxy or anything either, even with it not being a slim cut. As for the university coat in slim cut - huge improvement. Definitely a keeper now (not that I have a choice). Gone is the boxy-look as it fits closer to the waist and tapers down from the arms. It went from being a garbage jacket in regular cut to being an excellent piece in slim cut for me. I highly recommend it to anyone that has a smaller waist (I have a 29-30" waist) and is looking for a super-warm jacket that's not your standard pea-coat. Anyone else think it's a little cruel for companies to say "Final Sale - no returns" on items that aren't even available in retail stores? I think both the langham jacket and the university coat in that cut were only available online. How the hell are we supposed to try them out? They don't even offer accurate measurements for each individual item. I believe they expect us to guess and pray that everything works out. Again, fortunately for me it did, but it was definitely a huge risk.
    I agree, this whole final sale stuff is bullshit. Edit: Also, what is up with these summer-time themed flannels? Guarantee you one of them will be made as a madras come this spring.

4. highkneez

highkneez Member

I agree, this whole final sale stuff is bullshit. Edit: Also, what is up with these summer-time themed flannels? Guarantee you one of them will be made as a madras come this spring.
    I was looking forward to picking up a couple of flannel shirts this season but I wasn't feeling any of the colors being offered. I guess I'm not the only one. :/

5. highkneez

highkneez Member

So finally got the wool langham jacket in XS and the university coat in XS slim cut in the mail. Both were final sale, so there's no going back with either of them.

Fortunately, I'm impressed with both of them and will definitely keep them.

Possible to post fit pics?

6. raptorrapture

Possible to post fit pics?
    Will try, considering mother nature just dropped a shit ton of snow here and I might not have to go to work tomorrow. Also, just got my $25 rewards card in the mail. Get something while they have a 40% sale going on? Or wait till the Spring stuff starts rolling in? It expires mid-March... Decisions, decisions. Damn you, J. Crew! Just when I was out, you pull me back in.

7. Guus

Guus Senior member

Will try, considering mother nature just dropped a shit ton of snow here and I might not have to go to work tomorrow.

Also, just got my $25 rewards card in the mail. Get something while they have a 40% sale going on? Or wait till the Spring stuff starts rolling in? It expires mid-March... Decisions, decisions. Damn you, J. Crew! Just when I was out, you pull me back in.

Wait. They'll have a few percentage off deals before that card expires. Lets be honest, they don't have much of anything on the website but the retail store seems to have the spring stuff in.

8. cez

cez Senior member

I never liked either of the J. Crew chambrays. Fit is very blousey. Those of you actually like them - did you size down?

i was in there yesterday and tried on the blue chambray in a small, my usual j.crew size, and i have to say found that it fits a slimmer in chest than my other shirts. i wouldn't size down.

9. adambz

adambz Active Member

New arrivals are up.

10. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

Huge update to the sale section today and 40% off is still valid

11. WildPegasus

WildPegasus Member

Huge update to the sale section today and 40% off is still valid

If you can add the stuff to your cart. I've found several items that I can't add to my cart.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

That madras shirt looks very nice in the online look book

13. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Should we begin to transition to the Spring/Summer thread?

14. Awesomeman

Awesomeman New Member

Has anyone tried the Twill Selvedge Ludlow blazer? I was wondering about fit and finish on it.

Thanks!

15. Guus

Guus Senior member

Should we begin to transition to the Spring/Summer thread?

Maybe. Personally, I don't transition until after the Super Bowl.

16. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

If you can add the stuff to your cart. I've found several items that I can't add to my cart.

Their site is buggy like that with some of the pop-back sale items. The problem is that there is usually seems to be very small quantities of these items, so they sell out soon after being posted. Then for some reason, the site doesn't automatically remove them right away.

Happens almost every morning.

17. Guus

Guus Senior member

Their site is buggy like that with some of the pop-back sale items. The problem is that there is usually seems to be very small quantities of these items, so they sell out soon after being posted. Then for some reason, the site doesn't automatically remove them right away. Happens almost every morning.
    And a week later, they suddenly pop back on. Where were these items yesterday when supposedly the sale was ending?

18. raptorrapture

And a week later, they suddenly pop back on. Where were these items yesterday when supposedly the sale was ending?

The J. Crew gnomes are working as hard as they can, dammit. Sometimes things fall through the cracks.

19. nemo

nemo Senior member

Possibly returns straggling in from the holiday purchases?

20. Doug C

Doug C Well-Known Member

I was going to order some things yesterday when they were advertising the 40% off.... I got busy and didn't get to complete the order. So now today they are not advertising that 40% off, it free shipping on crewcuts. Can you still use yesterday's code if ordering today OR is it a deal where I've simply missed out? Anyone remember yesterday's code? thanks.