• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

grooveholmes

Reaction score
I received the Rustico tweed crewneck this week and I love it for the pricepoint. Very comfortable and warm and a great fit. It's sold out, but I believe the Alpaca crewneck sweater (which is a blend) is very similar; different color. If so, I am heavily considering picking it up this winter.

grooveholmes

Reaction score
I would go with a L. I'm a 40 chest and wear M-- they fit just right. If you have questions, you can "ask Jack"-- [email protected]. They usually respond within 48 hours. Just ask them for measurement for a M and L.

Originally Posted by auggie
Im thinking about ordering some of the slim fit shirts in medium? I'm 6', 175 with a 42 chest...would this shirt fit properly or should I go with a large?

tks

Funksy

Reaction score
Can anyone post measurements on the Repp piquÃ
00a9.png
polo in tailored fit or classic fit (would be awesome if you could do both)?

I'm 5'6", so I normally have a really hard time finding things that are the right length. I wouldn't have really given J Crew much thought except I recently got one of their lambswool sweaters off B&S and the length was suprisingly good for my height.

Thanks for the help.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In store today I saw some wonderful dyed oxford (?) shirts in navy and charcoal with tan buttons. They don't appear to be on the website.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my first J Crew catalogue today. No coupon. Just wondering do they ever give coupon in their catalogue to Canadian customers? Or is the coupon only an in-store thing?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my holiday catalog and it had a 20% coupon again...placed an order with it today for a red chambray, MF shirt, and a hat and sweater. Love those coupons.

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
I received my first J Crew catalogue today. No coupon. Just wondering do they ever give coupon in their catalogue to Canadian customers? Or is the coupon only an in-store thing?

Coupons go to those that we track and are known to buy with Jcrew fairly often. Hence a good reason to give your email when you buy in store.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the quality and fit of the slim vs straight vintage cords? Looking for a '47 501 type of fit.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a 20% off coupon but don't think I'm going to use it. $10 paypal'd if anyone wants it...

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 19hundred
what a ***

hi, how bout you don't be a douche about it. If you don't want to buy it off me then don't. People sell the coupons all the time (and on ebay for more $). Theres often people on here looking to buy one off someone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads