1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Senior member

^^^what size and color langham you need?

2. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

^^^what size and color langham you need?

small in black

3. URALLMORONS

Thats most likely an online only piece or NYC Liquor store only.

4. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

Thats most likely an online only piece or NYC Liquor store only.

yeah I'm gonna keep a look out online and see if it ever goes on sale again, some guys had it here for 140 after a sale and 40% discount...

5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

6. mfitz82

mfitz82 Member

I do [​IMG] on J Crew suits. [​IMG] The chest is much wider than the BB Milano and H&M. The shoulders are also a good 1" too wide. The models in the pics in the catalog are all pinned. Trust me, IRL JC suits look nothing like the pics.
    lol yeah, I know what you're saying...I was just busting your balls [​IMG] And I've fallen victim to the online/catalog pics from J. crew before, where the fit looks one way on the model (they must pin & tuck the crap out of some of their dress shirts), order it or go to the store and try it on myself, and it fits like a muumu

7. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I hate to be the one to point out the obvious, but not everyone has the same body type. JCrew suits would fit fine on some people. They may not be the absolute slimmest out there, but they are certainly not a "typical American" generous cut. I think they are fine in how they are cut.

My problem with them is not the cut, it's what they charge. $600 is too much for a JCrew suit, IMO. What I do appreciate is the fact that they offer suit separates. Few brands do this and it's great for someone with broad shoulders and a slimmer waist who cannot afford bespoke.

8. Newstyle

Newstyle Senior member

THe problem here seems to be most people don't understand that you have to take a suit in to the tailor to get it fitted for your body...NO MATTER WHERE... you buy it! To the idiot who said H&M suits are higher quality then J. CREW you have surely have never experienced either. H&M is low quality cheap clothing.

9. tomashi

tomashi Well-Known Member

jcrew suits aren't worth their retail, that's fine. what kills me with laughter is you instead recommend h&m which is not better in their price/quality, but much worse.

10. word

word Senior member

^^^by the time you wait most likely what you want will be gone.

Not much to pick from in the first place right now.

11. Dinky89484

Dinky89484 Senior member

jcrew suits aren't worth their retail, that's fine. what kills me with laughter is you instead recommend h&m which is not better in their price/quality, but much worse.

This might be a dumb question, but, what's your take on Alfani Red suits vs. J Crew Ludlow Suits? Alfani Red suits are definitely better quality than H&M right?

12. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Deveandepot1's a great guy, but you will never convince him to stand up for a JC suit. [​IMG]

It's ok, I don't think anyone is trying to say they are amazing. Really the whole debate boils down to if you think they are worth the price and like how they look. In my opinion they are overpriced by $100 or so, but look good. The lapels are not nearly as thin as some people make them out to be.

13. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

For those who own the slim university coat, what are your thoughts on it?

14. thoogsby

thoogsby Senior member

This might be a dumb question, but, what's your take on Alfani Red suits vs. J Crew Ludlow Suits? Alfani Red suits are definitely better quality than H&M right?

I own an Alfani Red suit. The quality seems to be about what you pay for, probably right in line with J.Crew. I could post some fit pics if you're interested.

15. Dinky89484

Dinky89484 Senior member

I own an Alfani Red suit. The quality seems to be about what you pay for, probably right in line with J.Crew. I could post some fit pics if you're interested.

Thanks thoogsby! It's okay. I've tried on Alfani Red suits and must admit that I do like the fit. Only problem I have is the shoulders (seems to be too padded or something) and the low armholes (limits movement). I was just wondering how the Jcrew Suits compared to the Alfani Red. If what you're saying is true, that the two are pretty much right in line with each other, I'd much rather go for the Alfani Red seeing how it cost 200 bucks (always on sale) and the J Crew suits are (600 bucks).

16. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Need your help on this guys - I was in the store today and saw a new (associate said it came in yesterday) beige CPO looking jacket for $130 or so but I didn't write down the damn item number. Its not online. Anybody know what the one I'm talking about? I want to try and find it in my size locally. Thanks.

17. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Did I say H&M suits were better quality than J Crew? If I did, I was tired and just writing stuff. What I meant was that an H&M suit will fit better than a J Crew suit. The lapels on some suits are also wider.
    So:
    H&M suit: Slim, $100(On sale), normal size lapels and length,...
    J Crew suit: Not Slim, $250-$300(On sale), defective looking lapels,...

FWIW H&M sells 3 different types of suits. In NYC, LA, Chicago,... you will find the nicer H&M suits.

Edit- I reread my posts and I never said H&M suits were better quality than J Crew. I win.

18. URALLMORONS

Fit is in the person that wears it. Some people prefer another suit over the other because of the fit so your opinion is subjective to the person trying it on.

So that's just your opinion and opinions are like......

19. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior member

Scored the field mechanic's jacket (dark khaki sort of color) for about $150 with some exchanges. Absolutely love it - warm, looks great, feels great. Only gripe is that the side pockets are a bit small for my hands to easily slide into, but i'm just glad it does have side pockets.

20. Bond111

Bond111 Senior member

Anyone know how strict J crew stores are on their no exchanges policy on final sale items?? I just received the woodland jacket in a small, and I tried it on last night and it just seems like it isn't a "true" small, runs a little big.

I doubt my local shop would have a xs in that jacket. I'll have to post some fit pics and gather some opinions.