• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got a couple things, cotton bowry pants, sueded half zip jersey, merino wool cardigan and some thermals (gotta return them since they're a size too small -_- )

there was a little bit of stuff on sale but for the most part still full price, got the cardigan for 40 down from 60, thermals 2 for 60 and sueded jerseys were 25$ but one color was still at 40$ (like a greyish heather)

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
i wish i had a picked up a sueded fleece crewneck now.

yeah looks like the smalls and mediums sold out. good thing i really am a jcaddict or else i'd be
baldy[1].gif
right now.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd been eyeing that one for a little bit. I got an EG hoodie in the mail today otherwise I'd probably feel much worse.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
I visited a J Crew store recently, and I didn't see any of the sueded fleece crewneck pullovers... Anyways, the S/S 09 stuff looks so good...I don't want my entire wardrobe to be J Crew though
confused.gif
I need to befriend a J Crew SA haha... edit: I saw the Oilcloth Langham Jacket in person, and it was nice...

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by perpetua
'Fraid I've got to quote a post from the front page... Does anyone know what happened to this cardigan? It's exactly what I've been looking for, and I'm sure it's less than something similar from Our Legacy (never mind SNS Herning!). But I haven't seen it online "” did it ever come to be? Is it long gone?

oh, to answer your question -- i believe the cardigan is by Inverallan. i don't think it was ever a mass produced piece like the j crew indys. more info: http://www.inverallanhandknitters.co.uk/

trunks206

Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
how much money have u guys sent to j crew so far, F/W 09 ? just curious

I've spent some 600 bucks.

Too much to be honest.., I love their clothes (when they're on sale) I keep making a list but everytime I check something off, something else gets added on.

I really need to stop though. My closet is 99% JCrew and that was fine when my GF worked there but now that she doesnt this habbit is starting to hurt the pockets. lol

gtenney

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
I saw both of these Millerain jackets in the store the other day. I really liked the fit of both. Not too slim nor too baggy. Having a hard time deciding, though. The first one, Langham, is lighter and does not feel as "oily" as the oil cloth jacket. Which one wins out stylistically?

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...8182/18182.jsp

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...6051/96051.jsp

I personally like the British Millerain oilcloth field jacket better. I think they are both nice though. To me the placement of the pockets seems off on the Oilcloth Langham jacket.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
i wish i had a picked up a sueded fleece crewneck now.

Me too.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Originally Posted by gtenney
I personally like the British Millerain oilcloth field jacket better. I think they are both nice though. To me the placement of the pockets seems off on the Oilcloth Langham jacket.

+1

I can't decide between the Millerain and the damn peacoat.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gtenney

Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Me too.
musicboohoo[1].gif

+1

I can't decide between the Millerain and the damn peacoat.

Yeah, I see what you are saying about the pockets on the Langham now that I look at the picture again. The other thing was that the snaps on the outside pockets of the Langham all say J Crew, which seems a little obnoxious, whereas the British Millerain oilcloth field jacket has no obvious branding.

They had the British Millerain oilcloth field jacket in carob, but I think Black is the call.

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Yeah, I see what you are saying about the pockets on the Langham now that I look at the picture again. The other thing was that the snaps on the outside pockets of the Langham all say J Crew, which seems a little obnoxious, whereas the British Millerain oilcloth field jacket has no obvious branding.

They had the British Millerain oilcloth field jacket in carob, but I think Black is the call.

It's all about the cargo green. carob's alright but a bit of a weird brown. black would be a bit boring especially since oilcloth is so much about the wear you break into it, at least romantically speaking.

also, at first i found the fit to be boxy in the chest and the sleeves to be, in typical j crew style, absurdly long. the boxy huge chest was particularly weird because the bottom is pretty slim. I've since worn mine enough that the chest has calmed down (doesn't billow out at the armpits) and drapes better now that the oilcloth is broken in. the sleeves are a still a bit meh but i turn them up or just deal. I want to replace the velcro on the cuffs with buttons though. and i will.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is there another roll out coming soon or is this about all we shoudl expect for FW? Apologies if this has been addressed already.

synovoid

Reaction score
got the flannel lined chino and cotton-cashmere sweater today. love the chino!

do their cotton-cashmere sweaters shrink after wash?

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by synovoid
got the flannel lined chino and cotton-cashmere sweater today. love the chino!

do their cotton-cashmere sweaters shrink after wash?

They should, given the materials, but alot of their stuff is pre-washed, so it may not, at least that much. Sorry I can't be more helpful...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eazy e lover