• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, please help me find these inbound AE ‘Duke’ in a catalog or other. I can’t locate them. Will post when arrive.
View attachment 2185521 View attachment 2185523
I don’t think they’re a catalog offering. I suspect the first four digit value is the date code, not the model, and the second 4 digit code (0629) is the model, with the 0 indicating it was a model for third party retail.

AE, back in the 70’s, would flip date codes and models numbers sometimes (they also weren’t consistent with date code formatting as sometimes it’s day/week/year and other times it’s week/day/year.

Anyway, that’s a very cool pair of a type I’ve never seen before.

vim147

Reaction score
Recently got my hands on an absolutely wrecked pair of Royal Tweed oxfords.

View attachment 2185603

You can see some of the damage. Deep gouges, oil stains, scuffs through the finish. There was more than I'm showing here. I tried to save the factory finish, but I couldn't cover up all the damage.

So I went another route.

View attachment 2185605

A nice rich, dark brown. You can still see a little of the damage, but the dark color hides it well enough.

Saved another pair from the dumpster!
Which brand of dye did you use ?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! Looks like maybe you put some dark cream polish on the toes…? If not, that a great natural burnish.

They came to me like that. I only use conditioner.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sir, you know the rules of the thread.

If they fit, they ship.
The problem is I already have the following:
IMG_2374.jpeg

IMG_1821.jpeg

IMG_0170.jpeg

IMG_2942.jpeg

IMG_2442.jpeg

Not to mention the black velvet strand things I wore the other evening, a bunch of weaves, and at least one other pair Merlot and Black Broadstreet’s I have sitting in a closet (that I haven’t photographed).

Counselor, what I’m saying is that I’m going to get in really, really big trouble if I buy those shoes. Won’t anyone think of the Spousal Customs crisis I’ll face, and step in and buy these before I do?

actionjbone

Reaction score

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem is I already have the following:
View attachment 2185755
View attachment 2185757
View attachment 2185761
View attachment 2185763
View attachment 2185765

Not to mention the black velvet strand things I wore the other evening, a bunch of weaves, and at least one other pair Merlot and Black Broadstreet’s I have sitting in a closet (that I haven’t photographed).

Counselor, what I’m saying is that I’m going to get in really, really big trouble if I buy those shoes. Won’t anyone think of the Spousal Customs crisis I’ll face, and step in and buy these before I do?

All I see here are excuses.

So this is the situation: Buy them. They're my size. You're holding them for me, pending my visit to NYC in June and October.

I'm giving you explicit permission to wear them in.

If I come up short on money, then you'll have no choice but to keep them.

Shoe friends regularly do this for each other. You're welcome.

PS. Your spectator collection is phenomenal

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I see here are excuses.

So this is the situation: Buy them. They're my size. You're holding them for me, pending my visit to NYC in June and October.

I'm giving you explicit permission to wear them in.

If I come up short on money, then you'll have no choice but to keep them.

Shoe friends regularly do this for each other. You're welcome.

PS. Your spectator collection is phenomenal
IMG_3801.jpeg

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't leave me as the only member wearing Empires.

There’s a very good chance I’ll pull the trigger on those. But just know you people should be ashamed of yourselves for using peer pressure to enable my questionable (but tasteful) bad behavior.

That said, they’ll need a lot of restoration work to make them wearable (without having something sad happening to them). Just from the photos, it looks like these were sitting in the back of grandpa’s closet for 60 years. They’re going to need an intensive rehydration regimen or they run the risk of getting blown out:

1716003442159.png

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member