• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think I have the same cable knit crew from last season, one in a black and one in grey. They fit isn't snug but it's a good sweater.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone know what J. Crew uses for buttons? Even my secret wash seem better than plastic. I'm pretty sure my utility chambray is MOP.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Got a j. crew e-mail today that says the Clarks Wallabees rock. Who would join me in a big, "Uh, no, it does not!" Hmm?

Calden

Reaction score
I'm going to order the Sutherland herringbone topcoat online, but am a little confused on sizing. Everything I own in J. Crew is a size medium, but when I called and got measurements, it sounds like a small will fit me the best. I don't suppose anyone has bought one and can comment on sizing, or maybe just Sutherland trench sizing? Does anyone else find themselves sizing down for J. Crew outerwear, but not shirts and sweaters? (Sorry if this was in the thread earlier, but I did not see it).

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Got a j. crew e-mail today that says the Clarks Wallabees rock. Who would join me in a big, "Uh, no, it does not!" Hmm?
I join you. I think I'd take the "Sydney Shoes" over the Wallabies.
Originally Posted by Calden
I'm going to order the Sutherland herringbone topcoat online, but am a little confused on sizing. Everything I own in J. Crew is a size medium, but when I called and got measurements, it sounds like a small will fit me the best. I don't suppose anyone has bought one and can comment on sizing, or maybe just Sutherland trench sizing? Does anyone else find themselves sizing down for J. Crew outerwear, but not shirts and sweaters? (Sorry if this was in the thread earlier, but I did not see it).
I sized down satisfactorily.

planetofsound

Reaction score
got a few things today that I had ordered with the 20% off coupon.

to the folks who were asking about the alpaca shawl-collar cardigan, I'm pretty disappointed in it and it's definitely going back. the fit is total "flying squirrel"-style as some folks warned earlier in the thread. quality was kind of questionable -- tons of piling (new right out of the bag) and the placket area practically felt like it was going to tear by buttoning and unbuttoning it.

other the other hand, i love the flannel-lined chinos (I got the gray ones) and the lumberjack flannel in tobacco.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Calden

Here's my thinking on the Sutherland trench and topcoat: because of the sizing, don't buy. My opinion is that these wardrobe staples should be a more precise fit. If they were sized numerically instead of S, M, L, XL they would be fine.

nycfan

Reaction score
btw, i went to a jcrew store and bought the university coat. the fit is kind of boxy in the waist area. for those thinking about it, I'm 6'0.5'' and 175, the regular medium was pretty much a perfect fit, I was surprised that i didn't need to get the tall, considering i have pretty long arms, the regular medium hit right between my knuckles and my wrist.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by planetofsound
got a few things today that I had ordered with the 20% off coupon. to the folks who were asking about the alpaca shawl-collar cardigan, I'm pretty disappointed in it and it's definitely going back. the fit is total "flying squirrel"-style as some folks warned earlier in the thread. quality was kind of questionable -- tons of piling (new right out of the bag) and the placket area practically felt like it was going to tear by buttoning and unbuttoning it. other the other hand, i love the flannel-lined chinos (I got the gray ones) and the lumberjack flannel in tobacco.
I guess you didn't heed my reviews/warnings prior to purchasing the Alpaca? I don't exaggerate peoples.

planetofsound

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I guess you didn't heed my reviews/warnings prior to purchasing the Alpaca? I don't exaggerate peoples.

yeah, I actually didn't see your post until after I ordered. you speak the truth!

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what J. Crew uses for buttons? Even my secret wash seem better than plastic. I'm pretty sure my utility chambray is MOP.
They use plastic buttons. Some of the worst ones I've seen, as compared to other mall brands. The chambrays use MOP buttons, but they're still not that great.

They had some cardigans about a year ago that had amazing MOP buttons.

I like them in there own way.

Don't you think it's about time to rename this thread Robert F/W09?

gtenney

Reaction score
I just ran across this post on a blog about a slight J Crew controversy.
I did not realize that J Crew changed the name of the Belstaff Che Guevara Replica Jacket to the Trialmaster jacket. I guess some people were offended with the Che Guevara reference.

hnlax

Reaction score
went in to get those camp socks last night.

went in again today after work to get another pair.

maybe they're not the greatest camp socks (i don't know, they're my first pair), but they're really comfortable. and they're really interesting looking as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics