J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

anyone else check out the sueded crew neck. I like it a lot. I don't have the money for a $150 crew neck so i may end up getting one of those.

2. Robert

Robert Senior member

I usually load up on the cotton-cashmere or cotton-wool sweaters when they are between $20-30. They do lose shape over time but Im not too worried when they are only $20-30. But they arent worth the regular price. Other than that my other sweaters are all $150<

Edit: you should check out there lambswool, I have 1 and its held its shape better than the cotton cashmere.

I haven't experienced the shape loss with my cotton-cashmeres. I think they're good for the price, especially when they're marked down. Nothing fancy, just a good basic sweater.

3. youalreadyknow

youalreadyknow Senior member

tried the military mockneck wool cardigan yesterday, fits well is is pretty damn warm...just don't know if I can justify $140 on it

4. Robert

Robert Senior member

I like that one a lot too but the price tag is off-putting.

5. mdla

mdla Well-Known Member

Second the lambswool- I've got several from over the last 4-5 years that I still wear.

6. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

bought a pair of the new mcallisters in the deep olive and a pair of the 484 jeans yesterday. really like the fit of both.

the new mcallisters have a bit more sole than previous seasons (my roommate has brown ones from at least a year ago) and the 484s contain a bit of elasthane and have a considerably skinnier calf than the vintage slim fit.

7. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

yup, I got one pair of the macalister in dark khaki, love the color and fit.

8. jsg28

jsg28 Senior member

Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket Nylon Racer Jacket

Wanttttt

I just got this jacket and returned it. It is belted (although the model pics show the jacket with the belt removed.) The jacket it a "classic fit" read: a bit full without the belt necessary to cinch the jacket. And, trust me, the belt looks lame. Overall the materials feel GREAT, but cut is lame IMO.

9. scb

scb Senior member

anyone want to buy my charcoal sutherland wool/cashmere thinsulate coat so i can finance the krane peacoat? [​IMG]

10. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

Anyone have any experience with these classic-fit Bowery pants? Hard to tell what exactly makes them different than the essential chinos - seems like they might be a little heavier, crisper twill, which I'd be into for the office.

[​IMG]

11. youalreadyknow

youalreadyknow Senior member

bought a pair of the new mcallisters in the deep olive and a pair of the 484 jeans yesterday. really like the fit of both.

the new mcallisters have a bit more sole than previous seasons (my roommate has brown ones from at least a year ago) and the 484s contain a bit of elasthane and have a considerably skinnier calf than the vintage slim fit.

how would you compare the 484s to say, a pair of APCs or something? The j crew I was at yesterday didn't have them in to try on

12. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Anyone have any experience with these classic-fit Bowery pants? Hard to tell what exactly makes them different than the essential chinos - seems like they might be a little heavier, crisper twill, which I'd be into for the office.

[​IMG]

Fabric is crisper but lighter.

13. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

That's it. I tried them on a little while ago and I must say the fit is pretty nice. I would even say slightly slimmer in the thigh than the classic essential, but that may be due to the stiffness that contributes to holding the shape better in that area. Either way, I thought they were nice.

I'm waiting for the classic wool version to go on sale as I might snag those up.

14. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

how would you compare the 484s to say, a pair of APCs or something? The j crew I was at yesterday didn't have them in to try on

somewhere in between petite standards and new cures. medium rise, tapered leg... maybe about 7 in. leg opening.

15. Robert

Robert Senior member

anyone want to buy my charcoal sutherland wool/cashmere thinsulate coat so i can finance the krane peacoat? [​IMG]

Sure! If it's a large, I'll give you 50 for it.