J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

How are the "Sydney Shoes?"

2. Meis

Meis Senior member

when wearing the xs secret wash shirts I find they pull funny- specifically that when I sit down the shirt pulls/puffs out between the buttons...which doesn't happen w/ the BOO small buttondowns I have w/ similar or slightly slimmer measurements. Anyone else have this problem?

3. PAguy22

PAguy22 Member

How are the "Sydney Shoes?"

Have them, and really like them. However they are about 1 full size to big.

4. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Have them, and really like them. However they are about 1 full size to big.

Thanks.

5. seany

seany Senior member

I went to a local thrift store and saw a small J Crew button up, J Crew Cords (light brown), and J Crew linen/cotton shorts (they have frayed ends). All of them with tags ! Paid 11 bucks for everything, sweet deal.

I believe these are from 05/06.

carry on......

6. Robert

Robert Senior member

J. Crew's shirts are not really slim, but the most important part, the shoulder measurement, is at least rather slim for the corresponding neck measurement, which means that J. Crew shirts are good candidates for tailoring if you want a really slim fit. I actually like the OTR fit for day-to-day wear, at least on the secret wash shirts, which seem to be slimmer than some of the other shirts.

Yeah, I find the OTR fit good for everyday as well. The only time I'm concerned about tailoring my shirts, though, is for my dress shirts for suits etc.

7. nohomo

nohomo Senior member

Do the dress shirts fit the same as their other shirts like the secret wash ones? Tried on a S and a M dress shirt. M was very boxy, although the neck fit, and the S was too small in the shoulders and neck, but looked good around the chest and waist.

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

Don't have any J. Crew dress shirts myself.

9. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

Looking to pick up some J Crew sweaters that will last me a couple of yrs, how is the quality? What would you recommend - cotton cashmere or the merino?

10. mmm

mmm Senior member

Looking to pick up some J Crew sweaters that will last me a couple of yrs, how is the quality? What would you recommend - cotton cashmere or the merino?

The merino sucks. The cotton cashmere ones arent bad at $20-25 on sale but not at the regular price. They lose there shape over time.

11. youalreadyknow

youalreadyknow Senior member

I was at j crew today, overheard the saleswoman saying that they improved the merino and cotton-cashmere sweaters, apparently there were a lot of complaints about pilling, so now they don't pill as often apparently. Don't know about maintaining shape improvements though.

12. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

The merino sucks. The cotton cashmere ones arent bad at $20-25 on sale but not at the regular price. They lose there shape over time.
    /
    What would you say would be a better alternative at the J Crew pricerange?

13. Doin' Fine.

Doin' Fine. Senior member

Do the dress shirts fit the same as their other shirts like the secret wash ones? Tried on a S and a M dress shirt. M was very boxy, although the neck fit, and the S was too small in the shoulders and neck, but looked good around the chest and waist.

They should be slightly bigger.

14. dmash

dmash Senior member

Just tried on the fatigue jacket at Jcrew...looks really good!

I am a 42" chest and wore a medium in it though.

15. mmm

mmm Senior member

/ What would you say would be a better alternative at the J Crew pricerange?
    I usually load up on the cotton-cashmere or cotton-wool sweaters when they are between $20-30. They do lose shape over time but Im not too worried when they are only $20-30. But they arent worth the regular price. Other than that my other sweaters are all $150< Edit: you should check out there lambswool, I have 1 and its held its shape better than the cotton cashmere.