1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. jsg28

jsg28 Senior member

How do the new slim tees fit?

I love them. But size down.

2. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

I prefer a 'GAP/BR/ON F/W 09' thread.

Guess I better not admit to liking the Gap for certain basics.[​IMG]

3. Keroberos

Keroberos Senior member

I prefer a 'GAP/BR/ON F/W 09' thread.

"Gapana Repnavy F/W '09"

4. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

the gap has the best socks for the price... great patterns around $1 each on sale, i can't beat it. i have 10+ pairs and it has cost me under $15...

5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

I love them. But size down.

Are they longer than usual or about the same.

6. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

I just received the Millerain Oilcloth Field jacket in black size small. I don't think it's going to work out for me. It's just slightly too snug which won't allow for much winter layering and based on the measurements I got for the medium, that will be too big.

I am in Canada so if anybody else in Canada wants it, I got it at 20% off but you would have to pay the duties also (same as if you bought from the site). Let me know if you're interested as I'll probably return it next week.

7. Robert

Robert Senior member

I just received the Millerain Oilcloth Field jacket in black size small. I don't think it's going to work out for me. It's just slightly too snug which won't allow for much winter layering and based on the measurements I got for the medium, that will be too big.

I am in Canada so if anybody else in Canada wants it, I got it at 20% off but you would have to pay the duties also (same as if you bought from the site). Let me know if you're interested as I'll probably return it next week.

Yeah, I tried that on in the store in a Large, and I'd say it runs very true to size and even slightly smaller than size.

8. gabby11303

gabby11303 Senior member

9. Robert

Robert Senior member

Great pickups. I love mine. I've worn both with my tan camper pants so far. I think they could both work with olive drab, too.

10. ennui

ennui Senior member

the gap has the best socks for the price... great patterns around $1 each on sale, i can't beat it. i have 10+ pairs and it has cost me under $15...

Where/when did you get this deal? I dropped by the store the other day and saw argyle patterns I liked with enough cotton content, but they were 3 for $15.

11. Dranakin

Dranakin Well-Known Member

Oh, I'd definitely go for Old Navy over J. Crew any day. Go for it! And then why don't you start an "Old Navy F/W 09" thread and post some fit pix there.

Funny.

Just trying to see if there's a discrepancy in quality to justify the price difference for these three mall brands. I imagine so for ON compared to J.Crew, but I don't own anything by Gap (other than shares...)

12. zissou

zissou Senior member

I would consider J Crew to be higher quality than BR (except Monogram), Gap, and ON. Just got the 'Fall Sale Starts Now' email. Can someone tell me what is on sale that wasnt on sale a week or two ago? Stupid J Crew sales.

13. fabflipfive

fabflipfive Member

Heads up for those near the Americana in Glendale, they had a couple of the Secret Wash B/D shirts in Vineyard Tartan left (1 Med and 1 Lrg if I recall correctly). Much to my surprise when the cashier rung it up, the price was $29.99. Not sure how/why, but I wasn't about to question it.

Question for those who wear S/XS, have you noticed that the Secret Wash B/D shirt in Gunmetal Giant Gingham fits smaller compared to all the other Secret Wash shirts? I usually wear an XS, but when I tried on the S it fit just like an XS. Has anyone else come across something like this?

14. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

I would consider J Crew to be higher quality than BR (except Monogram), Gap, and ON.

Just got the 'Fall Sale Starts Now' email. Can someone tell me what is on sale that wasnt on sale a week or two ago? Stupid J Crew sales.

there are sweaters and tees that were not there before

15. deveandepot1

there are sweaters and tees that were not there before

I don't know if that justified an email.

16. Robert

Robert Senior member

Utility jacket finally went on sale--IF you can wear an XL.

17. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

i can. But is it worth it?

18. deveandepot1

That has been on sale for a long time(3 or 4 weeks). They took it down when the %20 coupon came, but it went back on sale a few days ago.

19. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

Hey so have any of you guys won Man in Manhattan yet?? I think I'm getting really close.

20. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

got the j crew x sperry chukka today, guess I'll return them and get the regulat one in brown from zappos
    [​IMG]

changed my mind after tried on both today. gonna keep my j crew x sperry chukkas, and ship back the regular ones to zappos tomorrow.