1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Robert

Robert Senior member

That's the key thing--whether the weight is muscle or fat. I reached sort of a plateau in my weight loss last year because I was also working out and adding muscle. So while I'm a few pounds over my ideal weight, I'm not bothered by it because I don't look fat and all the health factors (blood pressure etc) are good.

2. hydrogen

hydrogen Active Member

Got the Military Mockneck Wool Cardigan ...
    Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions, Vernon-Dozier -- a lot of helpful information there.

3. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

why is jet posting in here... oh wait LOLOLOLOL

[​IMG]

4. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

So I'll pose a noobie kind of quesiton: $70 lambswool 7-guage cadigan (not shawl collar) in navy blue with sort of wide grey trim. Yes or no?
    I'd be all over it without the trim, for some reason I just can't deal with cardigans with trim, don't think they look good [​IMG]

5. Robert

Robert Senior member

I'd be all over it without the trim, for some reason I just can't deal with cardigans with trim, don't think they look good [​IMG]
    Normally would agree with you. I don't like piping on thin cardigans. For some reason this works with the lambswool for me. Does 70 seem an okay price for a lambswool sweater? Forgot to mention it also has one of those varsity double stripes on the left sleeve. So it's rather casual looking.

6. sccoopy

sccoopy Senior member

I know you guys all love Jcrew, but after owning a few secret wash shirts, I found they don't drape nicely. The shirts I have definitely don't fit tight. Is there anything wrong?

7. synovoid

synovoid Senior member

how are these camp sox? wanna buy them for red wing boots.

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

9. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Normally would agree with you. I don't like piping on thin cardigans. For some reason this works with the lambswool for me. Does 70 seem an okay price for a lambswool sweater?

Forgot to mention it also has one of those varsity double stripes on the left sleeve. So it's rather casual looking.

Seems like a lot for Lambswool. I just got the Merino cardigan last week. It is gray with charcoal contrast trim. I got it on sale because the store was having a 1 year anniversary sale. It's nice, but I wouldn't pay the full price of $69.50 for it tho. Bloomingdale's has better merino cardigans for the same price on sale. Maybe less.

10. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I need to go here http://wedgebrewing.com/ tomorrow after the J. Crew visit!

Wow I thought you was Jet rofl.....[​IMG]

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

Seems like a lot for Lambswool. I just got the Merino cardigan last week. It is gray with charcoal contrast trim. I got it on sale because the store was having a 1 year anniversary sale. It's nice, but I wouldn't pay the full price of $69.50 for it tho. Bloomingdale's has better merino cardigans for the same price on sale. Maybe less.
    Thanks. Might wait for a sale then. I feel like I've already bought way too much at full retail.

12. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

hahahaha @ jetbert

13. Robert

Robert Senior member

jetbert. I love it.

14. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I just bought the Utility Jacket from buy/sell.
    Eh...It's okay, but I think Ima sell it and get that Military mockneck wool cardigan.
    So I'm selling the jacket if anybody is interested. (Small and surplus)

15. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Anyone have the Bowery bag? What is it like?

16. Robert

Robert Senior member

No, but saw it in store. Seems all right but overpriced for what it is.

17. Meis

Meis Senior member

how are these camp sox? wanna buy them for red wing boots.

I picked up a couple pairs. I've only tried them on so far, but they seem pretty nice- not scratchy or anything. Thicker than normal socks, but not ultra-thick, meaning I can wear mine with more than just my heavy duty boots (that are intended to be worn w/ heavy socks). Word of warning- they're not the same 'one size' that their argyle socks are... so if like me, you're a small (8 or 9) shoe size they'll work fine- its just the heel part of the sock will be more at your ankle.

Anyone have the Bowery bag? What is it like?

I have last year's model (i think) that I grabbed on clearance for $30. Its decent: plenty of pockets, zippered pockets, etc to keep things...materials seem ok. I'd get it, but not till its on sale for $50 or less

18. Robert

Robert Senior member

Good news--so the bowery bag does eventually go on sale? I want this but now I'll definitely wait a while. I noticed Gap online has a military-style sweater like V.D.'s J. Crew. It's not exactly like it, and it definitely looks cheaper, but for half the price I thought I might check it out. Supposedly lambswool. Will report back. http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=648770&vid=1

19. bye4now122

bye4now122 Senior member

The bowery bag is already on sale in the black color...

20. Robert

Robert Senior member

How much?

So I dropped into my fave thrift shop today and found a Ralph Lauren equivalent of the j. crew hunting jacket! 30 bucks. Perfect condition, looks hardly worn. No breast flap pocket, just a regular pocket, but otherwise very much the same. Nice heavy cord. My size, fit is spot on. 30 bucks!