J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. GQhustler

GQhustler Senior member

Old mannish? Maybe ... but the motherfucker looks cozy as hell. Like the water is boiling and he is about to brew the fuck out of his morning coffee before settling in with the Sunday Times and browsing the shit out of the Week in Review.

Hard.

Core.

Hilarious shit

What do you guys think of the Authentic peacoat? I really like the fit and slimness of the sleeves and the rest of the coat. I've been looking for a nice slim fitting coat like this for the winter.

2. Robert

Robert Senior member

It looks good to me. I haven't tried it on though.

3. Robert

Robert Senior member

I see that the J. Crew wimminz still looks hot. Too bad the real wimminz only get pix of ugly old men this time around.

4. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Boy, shawl collar maddness! Are people in your city really wearing this stuff? I've never seen one outside of a retirement community. So the women get the ruffles and we get the shawl. And a $300 cashmere hoody that looks like a $10 Ross item? Meh.

So true, so true. The shawl collar is proof that there is, in fact, a conspiracy among the mall brands.

I can hear it now; "Hey J.C, if those suckers don't buy that shitty shawl idea from you, they'll be stuck buyin' it at the Gap anyway...Haha-hahaha" Cue menacing music...

I still haven't seen any of them around here. I think it's gone too far and nobody's buying the dumb idea this season - kinda like when everyone had something bright orange in their lineup a few years ago.

5. Robert

Robert Senior member

I personally can't wait for the wx to get cold enough to wear my shawl collars. I think the s/c cardigan is pretty classic. Don't really care what the North Carolina peoples thinks about my attire.

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Hilarious shit

What do you guys think of the Authentic peacoat? I really like the fit and slimness of the sleeves and the rest of the coat. I've been looking for a nice slim fitting coat like this for the winter.

From the product description: "The only thing we've changed is the wool fabric, which is much softer...[c'mon - cheaper, thinner and less scary]...than anything available a century or two ago."

What?

Let me try: "the only thing we've changed about these traditional raw selvage jeans is the denim..."

I smell bong smoke.

7. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

[​IMG]

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...0654/20654.jsp

Have you guys seen this yet ? Mister Freedom x Jcrew Dark Selvedge PeaCoat ? Insane..

I think Zissou has one from last year. I agree, it's a pretty eye catching piece.

He does have it. It seems to be standing up in his living room. I'd be interested to hear what he has to say about it, if the stiffness hasn't sliced open his jugular yet.

It is a beauty.

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I personally can't wait for the wx to get cold enough to wear my shawl collars. I think the s/c cardigan is pretty classic. Don't really care what the North Carolina peoples thinks about my attire.

You go Robert.

9. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

How is a shawl collar any more old-mannish than, say, a tweed jacket or some other cardigan?

10. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

So true, so true. The shawl collar is proof that there is, in fact, a conspiracy among the mall brands.

I can hear it now; "Hey J.C, if those suckers don't buy that shitty shawl idea from you, they'll be stuck buyin' it at the Gap anyway...Haha-hahaha" Cue menacing music...

I still haven't seen any of them around here. I think it's gone too far and nobody's buying the dumb idea this season - kinda like when everyone had something bright orange in their lineup a few years ago.

By "around here" you mean Philly? We still see Kid N Play hair cuts in the city, so I wouldn't necessarily use Iladelph as a fashion gauge. I usually only wear bright orange on a construction site and I don't necessarily sit around waiting for the fashion world to dictate what I should or shouldn't be wearing, colors and or styling. I like what I like. And in the winter time, I layer for warmth and pieces like a knit cardigan, sweater, etc. fit in to my aesthetic whether for business or pleasure. To each their own though.

11. ryn

ryn Active Member

I bought the new flannels they have up two weeks ago. Took some quick pics so people can see the color
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

I have the color in the top photo. I need more flannels!

13. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

14. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I saw that peacoat the other day. It looked really boxy in person.

15. Barrylicious

Barrylicious Senior member

I still can't get over that gunmetal gingham