• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

GQhustler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
Old mannish? Maybe ... but the motherfucker looks cozy as hell. Like the water is boiling and he is about to brew the **** out of his morning coffee before settling in with the Sunday Times and browsing the **** out of the Week in Review.

Hard.

Core.

Hilarious ****

What do you guys think of the Authentic peacoat? I really like the fit and slimness of the sleeves and the rest of the coat. I've been looking for a nice slim fitting coat like this for the winter.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It looks good to me. I haven't tried it on though.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I see that the J. Crew wimminz still looks hot. Too bad the real wimminz only get pix of ugly old men this time around.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
Boy, shawl collar maddness! Are people in your city really wearing this stuff? I've never seen one outside of a retirement community. So the women get the ruffles and we get the shawl. And a $300 cashmere hoody that looks like a $10 Ross item? Meh.

So true, so true. The shawl collar is proof that there is, in fact, a conspiracy among the mall brands.

I can hear it now; "Hey J.C, if those suckers don't buy that ****** shawl idea from you, they'll be stuck buyin' it at the Gap anyway...Haha-hahaha" Cue menacing music...

I still haven't seen any of them around here. I think it's gone too far and nobody's buying the dumb idea this season - kinda like when everyone had something bright orange in their lineup a few years ago.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I personally can't wait for the wx to get cold enough to wear my shawl collars. I think the s/c cardigan is pretty classic. Don't really care what the North Carolina peoples thinks about my attire.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQhustler
Hilarious ****

What do you guys think of the Authentic peacoat? I really like the fit and slimness of the sleeves and the rest of the coat. I've been looking for a nice slim fitting coat like this for the winter.

From the product description: "The only thing we've changed is the wool fabric, which is much softer...[c'mon - cheaper, thinner and less scary]...than anything available a century or two ago."

What?

Let me try: "the only thing we've changed about these traditional raw selvage jeans is the denim..."

I smell bong smoke.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
erez.jpg

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...0654/20654.jsp

Have you guys seen this yet ? Mister Freedom x Jcrew Dark Selvedge PeaCoat ? Insane..

Originally Posted by justtemple
I think Zissou has one from last year. I agree, it's a pretty eye catching piece.

He does have it. It seems to be standing up in his living room. I'd be interested to hear what he has to say about it, if the stiffness hasn't sliced open his jugular yet.

It is a beauty.

chiamdream

Reaction score
How is a shawl collar any more old-mannish than, say, a tweed jacket or some other cardigan?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
So true, so true. The shawl collar is proof that there is, in fact, a conspiracy among the mall brands.

I can hear it now; "Hey J.C, if those suckers don't buy that ****** shawl idea from you, they'll be stuck buyin' it at the Gap anyway...Haha-hahaha" Cue menacing music...

I still haven't seen any of them around here. I think it's gone too far and nobody's buying the dumb idea this season - kinda like when everyone had something bright orange in their lineup a few years ago.

By "around here" you mean Philly? We still see Kid N Play hair cuts in the city, so I wouldn't necessarily use Iladelph as a fashion gauge. I usually only wear bright orange on a construction site and I don't necessarily sit around waiting for the fashion world to dictate what I should or shouldn't be wearing, colors and or styling. I like what I like. And in the winter time, I layer for warmth and pieces like a knit cardigan, sweater, etc. fit in to my aesthetic whether for business or pleasure. To each their own though.

ryn

Reaction score
I bought the new flannels they have up two weeks ago. Took some quick pics so people can see the color
9h5cph.jpg

23ucyac.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have the color in the top photo. I need more flannels!

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I saw that peacoat the other day. It looked really boxy in person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics