• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've never watched "Star Trek"

Vito

Reaction score
Seeing the two "Star Trek" threads on this forum reminded me that I've never watched an entire episode of the TV show, or any of the movies.

I once watched a few minutes of an episode when I was in high school, after smoking a few joints with my friends. I channel-surfed into the show after it started, so I couldn't understand what was going on. All I remember was that a little space monster that looked like a potato pancake snuck up on Mr. Spock and stung him on the back. Spock was cold-cocked, and he went down like a ton of bricks. Dude didn't know what hit him.

I think that's what happened, I was pretty stoned at the time...

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. Members be changin' their avatars and the like.

Vito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by superman53
i never really watched the tv show or the movies, but i guess the new movie is for a more general audience to enjoy
I wouldn't mind watching the show or the movies -- one of my cousins and one of my oldest friends are big fans, so I probably should give it a try. Without smoking a joint beforehand, of course.
crackup[1].gif

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Joints only make the show better. Your mistake was not starting from the beginning of an episode.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two joints, Captain Kirk, and a cast full of hotties in miniskirts with matching panties and beehive hairdos. Makes for a great night!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tools? Not quite, more like nerds. And you should probably learn what the whole philosophy behind Star Trek is before judging. It's not all about CGI and saving the princess, and ripping off the ideas of Akira Kurosawa like Star Wars; Star Trek actually has a message. http://www.niatu.net/transfictiontre...philosophy.pdf
Originally Posted by romafan
Never watched it, will not see movie, and think Trekkies are tools. That being said, there was an alrming article about people who decorate their living room/dens w/ Capt. Kirk 'bridge seat' replicas recently
confused.gif
Attachment 22315 Here's another, errr, interesting article that supports my contention: http://www.electronichouse.com/artic...rtment_guy/C68

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Tools? Not quite, more like nerds. And you should probably learn what the whole philosophy behind Star Trek is before judging.

It's not all about CGI and saving the princess, and ripping off the ideas of Akira Kurosawa like Star Wars; Star Trek actually has a message.

http://www.niatu.net/transfictiontre...philosophy.pdf

You've got to be sh!tting me.
laugh.gif
What's CGI?
confused.gif

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Computer generated effects....how exactly am I ******** you?

Originally Posted by romafan
You've got to be sh!tting me.
laugh.gif
What's CGI?
confused.gif

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CGI is computer generated imagery, generally used for special effects in movies. I think he was trying to explain it, not letter-by-letter the acronym.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads