• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iPad 3

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't remember if anyone mentioned this or not, but the iPad can now be used as a wi-fi hotspot too. Used to be only the iPhone could do this. Not 100% sure if only the new iPad has this feature or if they are letting the 3G models do it too.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man, I would feel bad for you if you ever had to get something fixed at Best Buy if you feel that way about Apple. Best Buy's customer service is the 5th layer of Hell.

Actually Best Buy is about what I would expect. You wait in a long ass line, then they take your item and ask what is wrong then they exchange/fix.
Apple ALWAYS leads with "there is nothing wrong with this" followed by "I've never seen this problem before" The last was in reference to the first gen mag cord fraying around the base, a problem so wide spread that they were forced to do a redesign mid cycle. I've never had Apple fix a problem or exchange an item without either paying a grip or being forced to call in managers to argue that yes indeed an item that does not work AT ALL is broken.
Because they are the only ones allowed to review the product and do that type of exchange.

Yeah, but the idea that I have to have two or three people ask me what is wrong, tell me nothing is wrong, and then make a ******* appointment to resolve a simple problem is ludicrous.

I do wish it was possible to sign up for a plan that only charged you for the data used. No billing, unless the 3G/4G activates and you are billed per megabyte then. Make it seemless and easy to check you use as you go. That would be fantastic.

http://gigaom.com/mobile/wifi-ipad-meet-truconnects-cheap-pay-as-you-go-mifi/

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's weird. I have had Apple replaces several items of mine, including a Macbook battery that was a couple years out of warranty. Didn't hold a charge anymore and the guy at the store gave me a new one without making me pay a dime. I'm sure it went on my record and they wouldn't do it again for that laptop, but it still was a big plus.

Otherwise, have had them replace or fix several iPhones. Once with a 3G and twice with my 4. Only time I got rejected was a couple months ago when I took my 4 in because the home button has been spotty. The guy wouldn't replace it for free and wanted something like $129 to do so. Considering I am out of warranty and they had already replaced it twice, I didn't fight too hard that time.

I have heard experiences can vary depending on who you speak to. Some reps are more likely to hand out free replacements then others. Also with Applecare+ now being offered they are a little less likely to replace things out of warranty then they used to.

blairh

Reaction score

I do wish it was possible to sign up for a plan that only charged you for the data used. No billing, unless the 3G/4G activates and you are billed per megabyte then. Make it seemless and easy to check you use as you go. That would be fantastic.

I agree. However I doubt that will ever happen.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've had great experience with apple service, too. granted, it's apple, so there's a bit of a cultish aspect to it, but they're genuinely helpful, knowledgeable and they let you play with the toys before you buy them.

KurtS90

Reaction score
My only problem with Apple is the strange looking workers that they employ, it's hard to take them serious. They maybe by age group, but I never fit in...

~Kurt

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[sigh] ok, this is a REALLY dumb question, i know. but forgive me because i'm old. i remember long-distance phone calls and WATS lines.
if i buy a wifi only ipad, do i have to buy a data plan?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope, wifi only means you can only connect to a wifi network. Only your standard internet charges will apply, and if you are at a Burger King or coffee shop, you'll connect for free.

KurtS90

Reaction score
No you don't have to purchase any data plane with the WiFi only, same goes for the 4G Model. When I am traveling, I am either driving and don't need to play with the thing or on an airplane. I also have 2GB Tether package with my iPhone if I felt the need.

~Kurt

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

[sigh] ok, this is a REALLY dumb question, i know. but forgive me because i'm old. i remember long-distance phone calls and WATS lines.

no.

Jrufraz

Reaction score

No since a wi-fi only iPad isn't capable of connecting to a 3G/LTE network...can only connect to wi-fi networks

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks all!
i've got wifi at home and at work and about the only time i use 4G on my iphone is for phone calls (old school). it'll be a second computer (still have desktops at home and work), so it looks like i'm ok.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even with a 4G-enabled iPad, you don't have to pay for a data plan if you don't use it. If you do, then you pay month-to-month. There is no contract.

I have a 3G iPad 1, and I have never once activated the 3G. It did come with a GPS chip, which the non-3G iPad 1s doesn't have. I think all of them now have GPS.

Having said that, I am extremely leery of using public Wi-Fi because anyone can eavesdrop on what you're doing if you're going to non-secure (no "https" in the URL) sites.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads