• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheWrinklySheep

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,
I am Mitch from North Carolina. I'm a 4th year history student, avid reader and writer. I joined in efforts to expand my knowledge of style and to further my never ending quest for all things manly.

tavoz

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm from Paris, looking for some help in finding/choosing US traditionnal outwear (Filson, White's boots, ...). I'm sure this is the place!
Greetings!

RichH

Reaction score
Hi! My name's Richard, nice to meet you all. I am a British expat living and working in Spain and recently found 'lifestyle religion' or some watered down version there-of at least
decisions.gif

I want to be more professional in day-to-day life as well as in business and I hope I can refine myself here.

Cheers,

Rich

Last edited:

mrb87

Reaction score
Long time reader, recently registered poster. Living in Toronto at the moment but have been all over the northeast: grew up in Montreal, went to college in Philly and worked in NYC. Mainly here for the Social Life and Business discussions but also like to get clothing ideas from the WAYWT threads. I wear a suit and tie five days a week and on winter weekends, am probably spotted in a pair of boots, Japanese denim or RRL pants, and a cableknit sweater.

baronbvp

Reaction score
Hi guys. New member who's been reading the forum for awhile. Recently retired US Navy captain aviator, now wearing suits every day in the Pentagon as a civilian. One of my last tours was in the diplomatic world as an attache in an embassy, so I am keen on suits and dress wear. This is a great forum and I appreciate the welcome.

juven

Reaction score
I am Adam, I am a student preparing for medical school, former college hockey player, and an enthusiast of the finer things. Frequent questions brought me here as the only place to find the answer. I look forward to learning from all of you, and I hope I can bring something unique and hopefully some new knowledge to help teach others who decide to join.

MIKEDEGUZMAN

Reaction score
I'm Mike Deguzman. I like cars, suits, shoes, watches, and time with my family. :D

I've been unregistered for while and finally decided to join.

MrXavier

Reaction score
I am Adam, I am a student preparing for medical school, former college hockey player, and an enthusiast of the finer things. Frequent questions brought me here as the only place to find the answer. I look forward to learning from all of you, and I hope I can bring something unique and hopefully some new knowledge to help teach others who decide to join.
Hello Adam :)

MrXavier

Reaction score
I'm Jeff. Been looking at this forum for years. Finally joined. I'm 42 years old. Married. Father to the little girl with Santa. That's all I got.
Hello Jeff, Hope you had a marvelous Christmas - Make the most of your little girls younger years, if only I could have 5 minutes of that time back...

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I wore a black belt with brown shoes. Ouch.
In my defense I got dressed in the dark because my wife had the day off. I didn’t want to wake her while I was getting ready for work; I’m a nice guy!
Anyway, when I got to the office I was shunned by everyone except for the guy who was wearing a tie with a short sleeve shirt. That’s when I knew I had to change something.
I did some searching and came across styleforum. I hope to learn, teach, entertain, be entertained, and share my wardrobe (especially shoes) with all of you.
Thanks

mdub1979

Reaction score
I'm Matt. Live in the mountains of NC. Joined this forum looking for help deciding on my first pair of Alden's. It's between the Color 8 Longwing w/commando sole and the Cigar shell Longwing w/leather sole. I'm going to be primarily wearing them with jeans and dress casual. I work from home and rarely need to wear a suit or "dress up". I don't think I can go wrong with either, but I'm leaning towards the Color 8 because of the commando sole. I would appreciate anyone's input. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

mdub1979

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Matt. I live in the mountains of NC. I'm trying to decide on my first pair of Alden's. It's between the Color 8 Longwings w/commando sole and the Cigar shell Longwings w/leather sole. I work from home and rarely need to wear a suit or "dress up". I'll primarily be wearing them with jeans and dress casual. I know I can't go wrong with either, but I'm leaning toward the Color 8's because of the commando sole. What are your thoughts?
Thanks!
Matt

str1185

Reaction score
Hi I'm Steve from Philadelphia, and 27.
Found this site while researching cordovan boots. It always seems like everything I've found and like is either a limited run that is sold out completely or not in my size haha. This is not just with boots either! Anyways, hope all is well.

Great info here, and look forward to learning more.

Fernandoprime

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Fernando. I'm just a guy trying to navigate the intricacies of building a decent wardrobe. I've come to learn a lot from you guys. thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads